You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Monotone Reflection

Real Ghost Stories

A Monotone Reflection

 

I'm not sure this necessarily counts as a 'ghost story', but I truly feel that it was a supernatural event and I would really like feedback on the matter. When I was in middle school, sixth or seventh grade I think, I was excused from class to use the restroom. Because I found the bathrooms on the lower floors to be locked, I ventured to the third floor bathroom, a bathroom I don't recall using before, or after, really. Now, my school was not particularly old. It had originally been the south campus of the high school I currently attend and was only built in the early 1980's, but the area of town is one of the oldest in my city and many buildings located nearby having been built in the 1800's when the avenue was essentially "Main Street."

So, by now I've used the bathroom and am washing my hands, and in the bathroom we had those plastic black paper towel dispensers. I held down the 'two pumps of the lever only' button so I could get as many paper towels as I needed and began pumping the lever to retrieve my rough chemistry class paper towels when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I glanced up at the reflective black surface of the paper towel dispenser and saw a girl standing behind me. She was pale and had long curly black hair that spanned what looked like down to her elbows. She wore a dark colored period style dress with light colored lace (It could have been any combination of dark and light from black and white to dark blue and light yellow, I couldn't tell because the reflection was monotone). She just stared at me with dark, hollow eye sockets. I couldn't see her eyes, but I had the distinct impression that there was something wrong with them, as though she were blind or just didn't have eyes all together.

I felt paralyzed, completely frozen with my hand still on the grey plastic paper towel dispensing pump as I stared back at the girl, my body shaking and my eyes almost tearing up. Finally I gained enough will power to tightly close my eyes and run out of the bathroom with only half dried hands. I sprinted down the hall and down the stairs back to my classroom, my heart pounding in my chest. I told my friends, but they didn't believe me, and even to this day, when I visit my old school that one of my younger sisters now attends, I refuse to use that bathroom. Even when I still went there, unless there were lots of people in the bathroom with me I wouldn't use it. I don't know exactly what happened, if I was just experiencing the oncoming stages of a mental illness or what, but it scared the living hell out of me.

I gladly accept comments, so read and review, please. I'm very curious as to what you all have to say.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bloodless, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

77believer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
Elner, if ghosts aren't real then why did you join this sight? It is a modern debate whether ghost are real or not, but I strongly believe they are. I've seen and heard so many things unexplained and so have my friends. I think it only makes sense that they are real. I think ghosts just represent the person that died, so the person won't be forgotten. I think one does go to heaven or um, another place, but ghosts just represent them so they're not forgotten.
77believer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
Woah! That's like what I saw in my brother's mirror once, but it possibly may have been his mini clock. Somehow a mini clock on a mirror transformed itself into a girl with pale skin and no eyes that made my heart literally skip a beat. It freaked me out! But this seems to be one of the scariest ghosts. The ones with no eyes. 😨 😳
elner (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
The only way to overcome this is to face it and don't believe that it was a really a girl because ghost arent real but the devil IS it was the devil and its using them to paralyze your whole body and you not moving AT ALL all you have to do is to pray to God and he will give you the will power and protection you need and the devil--- will be just a piece of cake
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
they might be right or you say she wear old timer history clothes like black and white other etc they may have something to do with lands before the school was build in the 80's.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
Reflections can be deceiving to say the least. This said, it's also possible that you saw the real deal. I'm sure it was terrifying to a child. Would be interesting to research and find out what other buildings were once on that site. Possibly a school for the blind at one time?
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
You must have been completely terrified! I don't think it was mental illness at all. It sounds like you truly saw something. The girl was probably curious to who you were and it sounds like there is some history to that area. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: