You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Unfriendly House

Real Ghost Stories

The Unfriendly House

 

In 2005 myself, husband and four children moved into a fairly typical terraced house in a very small village with no more than 80 houses across two streets. The village only had one pub and one shop so had a real in the middle of nowhere feel. We needed to be near my husband's poorly parent's to help take care of them. The house it self was built in 1905 to house mine workers at the locally coal mine.

On seeing the house for the first time I can honestly say that I really didn't like the house, it had an unfriendly feel, but it suited our needs so went ahead with the move. After a very busy day, all our family and friends helping went home to leave us to sort the children out. Nothing unusual happened apart from every time I put the cleaning cloth down I would turn around and it would be else where in the room. I was too tired to be bothered and dismissed this

That evening my oldest two aged 9 and 6 came running down the hall shouting and laughing. When I asked what they were doing they told me they were playing with the dog. Being slightly grumpy by then I told them to stop and go to bed feeling slightly uneasy as we don't have a dog but put it down to kids being kids.

Some time after going to bed I woke with a start and sat up in bed. My husband who is usually a heavy sleeper also sat up and looked at me. We both turned to look at the bedroom door to see what looked like smoke drifting up the stairs. My husband shouted "get everyone get up the house is on fire" but as we jumped out of bed and with one finger on the light switch, the smoke stopped drifting and formed a definite human shape. Whilst we were watching the smoke/mist then reversed and started to drift back down the stairs. It then stopped at the bottom of the stairs, and shot through the door into the kitchen (being an old house the stairs led into the kitchen). On searching the entire house, there was no fires, no smell only a very restless family.

I contacted a friend who is a medium and she claimed that we were very lucky for it to be able to show its self to us. I will say that's not how we felt!

This was only the start of a three year nightmare, but I will save that for next time.

Other hauntings by lankyloo98

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lankyloo98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
wow, what a scare. I can only imagine your reaction when that smoke started to form.
I'd like to hear more of your experiences there.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
WOW!...yeah, lucky?...maybe, but sure I wouldn't feel lucky being startled from my sleep like that! 😭
Thanks for sharing and looking forward for your future stories 😊
Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: