You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Young Girl Saying Hi

Real Ghost Stories

Young Girl Saying Hi

 

This didn't happen recently. It happened a couple of years back at close to mid night. I shared a room with my sister so I was happy when she said she was staying the night at my cousins. When she's not home, I like to stay up late and just watch movies and listen to my radio. I had just finished watching a movie and decided it was time to go to bed.

I went to the kitchen and got me something to drink. I was fine at the time but I couldn't get over the fact that it felt as if someone was following me. I was 12 at the time and I had heard about a incident where my brother had woke up and saw a man sitting in our chair in the living room. Everyone else was asleep. With me being kind of young I didn't believe it so I put the feeling aside. Since I'm the kind of person who has to hear things in order to go to sleep, I decided I wanted to adjust the radio to a station I liked.

As I was standing in front of my mirror, I heard a little girl behind me say "hi..." at that moment, I turned around and saw no one standing there. I was scared to death and I started to believe what my brother said. I went to bed but kept the light on all night.

The next day when my sister came home, I told her what had happened to me. She told me that the girl had also spoken to her but in the kitchen. To this day, I won't go to bed without a little light being on. I also have to have my radio on and a movie playing.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

AshCat (24 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-06)
These stories always end with people running away from the ghost. Isn't there anyone who can help this little girl cross over? She keeps asking for help!
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Misty,
Great story but it seems like to me you have nothing to fear, I mean the little girl has never tried to hurt you in any way has she? You see some spirits sometimes try to communicate with the living by any means like saying hi to you like she did or by moving things tapping on things that sort of stuff. She may be a little girl who died years ago and is just trying to be friendly and may not realize that she is no longer living. Why don't you try to find out some history about the house where this occured and who lived there before you and your family did.

She in fact may feel all alone and is just trying to meet someone her age or close to it. That is my guess. If she has never harmed you or your sister in any way then chances are she wont. Hope all goes well God Bless
Kayla (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
That's kind of scary... I am very afraid of seeing ghosts so I always kind of have a feeling that someone is behind me... Though nothing has ever said anything to me.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
strange... Never happened to me apart from that one time I was 11 then and I heard someone follow me. It turns out it was no one!
shelbister (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
wow scary! Thats happened to me its scary if I were you I wouldn't sleep in ther at all - shelby
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
Its a voice in your head coming from a ghost/spirit no one can hear that voice. Sometimes the ghost/spirit don't know you can hear them. Even some can talk about you thinking that you can't hear them.
Jesseca (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
I love your Story... It's pretty cool. If I were you, I would run to my parent's bedroom and sleep there all night.
misty m (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
that was a good story I would be scared of that house if I were you

good luck tonight in your haunted house

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: