You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Five Year Old Meets A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Five Year Old Meets A Ghost

 

I first experienced my first paranormal activity when I was about five or six years old. It happened at my old house on Rouge Drive in Kokomo IN, where I lived with my two parents and my older brother. Growing up I never really had a fear until the one night I finally met the ghost that was living in my home.

Early every morning, ranging from the times of 2-5 a.m., my dog and I would wake up and go into my parent's room to sleep. With the building design of my house once I reached my parents door I could look out into the hallway to the opening of our living room. One morning when I was going to their room, I saw a figure walking out of the living room and down the hallway to where I was standing.

I didn't think anything of it though, because every so often I would find it to be my dad walking out of the living room, meeting me and taking me back to sleep. As the figure got closer, I called out "Daddy" more than a couple of times, each time with no response. I stood staring until it got close enough that I could finally realize that what was walking towards me was not my father.

Although I don't exactly remember the facial expression of the ghost I do remember its all around appearance. It was an all white man, who looked as if he was in his late 50s early 60s. With a somewhat glow to it, but not transparent. He was hunched over and appeared to be holding a lantern. No joke! Once I completely realized what was in front of me, I freaked. I screamed and turned around to see BOTH of my parents jumping out of bed to see what was wrong. When I turned back around, the ghost was gone.

I am now 15 years old and I currently live in a different home. Until I was about 13 I had thought I was the only one who had seen this ghost and the only one who truly believed in them, until finally my mother and brother had both told me that they had seen him too. But yet it still seemed weird the ghost was at that home, and we still aren't sure why it lived there with us, since my father had built that house just for our family.

Ever since that experience I had been completely obsessed with the paranormal world, but yet completely freaked by it and the dark too. I know it's a contradiction. And although this was my first experience, it was not my only experience seeing a ghost, so please do not tell me this was all fake. I was not the only one who has seen this ghost, as stated in my story, and there was no way it could have been anybody else. Thanks for reading my story.

Other hauntings by xtxmariexgx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xtxmariexgx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
just because the house was new doesn't mean there couldn't be someone tied to it, it could be the land, it could be a old house that was taken down many years before and he stayed in the same place, or even an object.
ParanormalSpectrum (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
It could be, if your father built the house, that the man had died in the previous home standing there. I've heard of cases where the floor is put lower than the previous home and the entity that can or will appear seems to be walking in midair when in reality that is where the floor used to be. Very creepy but very interesting. And all I've got is some five year old boy and a woman in my home that are entities and only one, the five year old, is an intelligent entity. Has the man ever made a reappearance?
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
This was a very believable story indeed!
You're exactly like me, the paranormal fascinates me but I'm scared of the dark and such things 😆
I hope to hear more of your stories soon.
Take care.

C
binders (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-01)
It seems to me the ghost was a wandering spirit whom maybe resided on the property you once lived or visited the property for unknown reasons. None the less it was attached to the property. It would be interesting to do a search on the land of previous owners and see what comes up if anything. Sometimes a horrific accident or homicide took place and the spirit is just confused and lives there as they once did with no recolection of the period of time they died.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
Looks like it is atatched to the land then if that is what everyone is saying. I hope to read more of your stories real soon.
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
My son is just like you. He is obsessed with the paranormal but freaked out too. I think that you have a normal reaction. I'm going to warn you and everybody else be careful around spirits. 😉
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
The ghost you saw when you were 5 was probably attached to the land your house was built on, whether it was residual or was just passing through. I could hardly imagine seeing one like that face-to-face! Cool story though. Blessed be. ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
I really liked your story xtxmariegx and it sounds quite believable to me!

I'll have to take your word for it that it was intelligent since you know the difference between that and residual so I'll be looking forward to reading more of your encounters with the elder.

As for why he was there... Just because the house was built by your dad, it is not enough to keep an attached energy away. It might be the land he is attached to or a number of other things.

Tammy
xtxmariexgx (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
oh he was definitely intelligent for he did other acts besides what I had witnessed:P but I believe I know a lot about the paranormal like I said I'm kind of obsessed 😊 but thank you both for your response 😁
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
It's very possible you had a residing ghost just don't know if it was intelligent or residual. If you know about the paranormal you know the difference. If it makes contact it's intelligent. If not it may be like a recording playing over and over. You express yourself very well for such a young person. Very believable story. I would like to hear more about your experiences.
curtis354 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
maybe the land was haunted I have seen so many episodes of a haunting yours is a bit different

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: