You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: New Apartment And Disturbed Sleep 2

Real Ghost Stories

New Apartment And Disturbed Sleep 2

 

The following incidents are recent happenings after my previous post.

These days I have been waking up sometime between 2 - 4 am and I am wide-awake. There are no unpleasant feelings when I wake up, it doesn't feel like someone woke me up forcefully like before. I feel like something or someone needs my help when I wake up and wants me to talk to it. Sometimes I think it is divine and sometimes I feel it's pretending to be good until I communicate. There has been some days that I happen to have a nice sleep too.

I have been protecting myself very well before I hit bed. I have smudged my house multiple times over the last 2 - 3 weeks, I regularly burn incense, and I pray to God and meditate daily. In spite of these things, the following experiences make me wonder about what is going on.

One of the nights, I woke up around 3 am and I could smell something burning (the closest thing I could imagine was corn on a grill like how they do in some fairs). It wasn't a bad smell and I was wide-awake, still in my bed. I did not get up and check around the apartment, partly because I didn't want to see anything/anyone else that would freak me out.

When I woke up on one of the mornings, my night lamp was switched off (not by me) - I remember that I kept waking up that night multiple times between 2 am and 4 am. I am sure that the light was on then. There were a couple of other things that were switched off before but I had dismissed it since I didn't remember well. This one, I am very sure that I hadn't switched it off.

I get dreams, which wake me up by 2 - 3 am, and then I lay awake for sometime. I sometimes sense some presence around me but I have a feeling that it can never harm me since I am very well protected. This doesn't tire me out in the mornings and I wake up really fresh. I have joined aerobics classes recently thinking that some physical activity will put an end to my waking up but it hasn't help. I used to sleep through the night very well previously and never had the habit of waking up at night normally.

I am unable to decide if I should talk to 'it' (if there is something) when I wake up at night. Any suggestions?

How do I know if it is a good or bad soul that's waking me up?

I sometimes wonder if I am just imagining stuff that doesn't exist and its more psychological. I haven't communicated with any entities so far (I haven't tried an ouija board etc etc) and hence not very comfortable with the idea of talking to something that I don't know about.

Why is it choosing 2 - 4 am to wake me up and not any other time after I sleep?

Also I get the feeling that it's not stronger than me to harm me, but should it give me the confidence to explore more or should I leave it just as it is? I don't know.

Other hauntings by pie1025

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pie1025, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
Hi montanagurl,
thank you for your post! Nice to know that your friends don't have to live with the entity anymore. In my case, I guess I want to believe my condition is due to medical issues but somehow can't convince myself.
More updates:
I don't have major problems with sleep these days, but sometimes something reminds me of the existence. I haven't had any vertigo after my previous episode which is good.
One of the nights at around 3 am, the fire alarm in my bed room started beeping all on a sudden, it beeped for quite sometime and then stopped by 4 am or so, it dint beep again. I was deep in sleep, took a while to realise where the sound is coming from (I was scared to the core since initially it looked like the sound was coming from the air) and sat on the bed chanting and praying, I was really freaked out. The next morning, my landlady changed the battery and it never beeped again. It must have been a coincidence but I had felt a presence in the room with me, later when I went back to sleep after the beeping stopped, I heard a male and a female (I was half asleep-half awake). The female whispered a name in my ear (consisting of a first, middle and last name) and when I woke up around 5 am, I could remember her first and last name. I went back to sleep and later when I got up at 8 am or so, I forgot her name totally. Why did the fire alarm beep during the odd hour and not any other time is what rises question in my mind! There are 3 firealarms in my apartment and only the one in the bedroom beeped.
I sometimes feel that a lot of my energy is leaking out through my footsoles somedays and I wake up tired (my bed position is east-west).
Right now, I am baffled if its a medical condition or if its something paranormal. I think I will need to wait and watch.
montanagurl (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-20)
I am new to this site but came across your stories and read the posts. I knew someone that went through what you are going through and it went on for about 2 years in a house they were staying in. It was a older house just outside of town and it was a married couple with no children at home. At first only the wife was having problems but after about a month the husband started having the same issues. They tried all sorts of stuff, thinking that they had a gas leak, vertigo problems, high blood pressure, tumors in the head etc. Etc. Etc. They had gone to doctors and even saw a therapist for mental disorders. The couple as well as myself are Native American and they had used our Catholic belief / prayers as well as our Native American belief / prayers and ceremonies to help get rid of the problem but, it didn't stop and only got worse as time went on. There were periods in which things seemed to return to normal but when they did start up again it was worse than before the "break". Just before they decided to move out, as a last resort, the medicine man had performed a ceremony in their house, a lot of people were present during this ceremony and about 1/2 of the people stayed in the house while the rest went outside with the medicine man to walk around the house and bless it and pray. I was one of the last people out of the house, I thought that my husband was still in the house and I ran out and stopped at the bottom of the stairs on the deck and turned around cause I could sense someone behind me and I thought it was my husband but when I turned around I saw a huge black blob come out the door and float off the deck and around the side of the house and when I saw it I had the most awful feeling of sadness and dread, my husband came out right after it and as we made it around the other side of the house to catch up with the rest of the group the back door flew open and whatever it was went back into the house. The medicine man said it was a very evil spirit and it wasn't going to leave. They moved out with the next few days and have not had any problems since that time.
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
Whitebuffalo,
I had the last test in the series this morning for the vertigo episode. I had an MRI (for detecting if there are any tumors) couple of weeks ago which came out normal. I had a hearing test which also showed normal. Now the only chance is Meniere's disease which is a inner ear disorder, there are no tests to confirm this other than to infer from the symptoms I had. So I am advised to go on a low sodium diet for the next 6 months and have a follow up appointment later.
I still hear voices after I sleep which wake me up that sounds like someone clearing throat or coughing but I go back to sleep soon unlike before.
I am confused now - I have started convincing myself that the sounds, the smells, the feelings etc could have been imagination though the vertigo was real and due to the inner ear disorder (which is not proven totally). I don't know!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-28)
Good to hear that a sense of normality has returned to your life. Please keep me posted as to the doctors visit. Even if you do not have the same issues, I think it imperative to go through with it (and you were right, it would have been foolhardy of me to think you made an appointment as per my comment 😉).
It is nice to hear of "the endings".
Thank you.
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Hi Safa,
I sleep normally these days after 3 months in the apartment. I protect myself in the name of God before going to bed and after some talking in the air (like white buffalo said), nothing bothers me when I am asleep.
Thank you for your comment - it reminds me to have trust in God as always!
Safa (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
Hey pie1025,
From the certain time period you have mentioned that is 2-4 am. For your concern it is devil's time. And smell of burning is also a sign of devil. That is not a spirit, it is a devil. It could not harm you because you have been so religious, I mean you have been said your prayers daily, that is why you have built a protection around you. As a result, that devil could not harm you physically. But showing or disturbing you with its some very common behavior.

If you want to know about it consult with a priest, but please do not explore through that devil. Do nothing with that without knowing the facts. Read more about devils from "Bible" or other relevant books. Please take this seriously.

I know this things and its consequences, that is why this type of incidents worried me. And if possible you should look for another place to live. It would be better if you leave that apartment. And do not do anything that might make it angry or more aggressive.

And I would like to know what happened next. Good Luck and take care.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
pie1025: You are very welcome. I'm happy that I could give you some good advise.
I pray you are resting peacefully now.

Remember. God is good all the time.

God Bless You Always!
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
Sorry for the late response!
Thereisonlylove,
Waking up for a purpose is what I sensed whenever I woke up, still unable to figure out what the purpose would be though.

Whitebuffalo,
I dint set up the appointment after seeing your post, I had the appointment already before I posted my second post and after my first one. I thought I would strike off one possibility before I conclude the experience is paranormal (It would have been hard for you to believe that I would setup an appointment after seeing your response 😁). I have had a vertigo attack more than a year ago, again after consuming alcohol, which lasted only for a day then. I had started my google search after my first vertigo and thought of taking an appointment after the second one. Well, what confuses me is the fact that my vertigo stopped after getting smudged during a pow wow before an inter-tribal. Well, if you remember I mentioned that I had my vertigo only in the mornings, I was smudged on an afternoon and dint have the vertigo next day onwards. It must be a coincidence but I am glad I went for the pow wow.
The night after my last post, I woke up soon after midnight, was lying on bed for sometime summoning courage to talk to whatever is waking me up. Finally at around 1:20 am, (after lighting the sage) I asked it to leave my place stating that my place is protected by the love and light of GOD and only divine is allowed at my place. I was surprised that my voice was firm than I imagined it to be.
After I spoke my words, there was a sharp pain on the left side of my head, my whole body had a tingling sensation and felt like a mild breeze passed through me. I fell asleep and did not wake up until morning after that. I would say I was really tired when I woke up (as against the previous nights where I was fresh). I kept thinking about this sensation for sometime (the headache wasn't my imagination but I am not sure about the rest).
I would say I sleep better now - though my anticipation of being woken up by something (I think) alerts me sometime during the night.
Well, my intent of using the sage will be to keep my apartment clean from all the unwante entities. And I use the lighter for lighting incense, sage and candles currently. I will check the availability of the type of sage you mentioned in my area.
Thank you for your willingness to help!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
Uh, you are welcome. No problem.
I can not make a comment that I am willing to stand behind unless I have enough information. Most often I have people blasting me for asking questions, or cross referencing with past posts. Your appreciation took me back a bit. You honor me with your thanks.
I am relieved to know that you have gone forward and made an appointment. Now the important thing is to make sure that you keep it😉. Not saying that this IS the issue, it is just best to eliminate all of the possibilities. Alcohol consumption COULD cause vertigo, but there are also many other factors that a doctor can weed through. So do not start laying all the blame on the spirits (Oooops 😳, pun intended, but Baaaad) just yet.
The sage. May I suggest that you try out Salvia divinorum instead? It is used by many ceremonialists and seems to be rather uplifting in both the calming of its scent, and the powerfulness of its essence. If you have CLEAR intent, this is a powerful tool.
The reason for not using the lighter for any other purpose save for the lighting of the sage...
Why do you burn the sage? I mean, what is YOUR purpose?
I could tell you why I only use the one lighter when sage burning, but that is as I know what my intent IS. What is yours? To calm yourself, or to get rid of an entity?
Thank you.
Thereisonlylove (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
Pie1025,

I am so relieved to have found your post. I have been experiencing the same exact phenomenon now for a year or two. It is not every night, sometimes two or three times a week, sometimes not at all. I will wake up out of a dead sleep... Completely wide awake. I can sense the presence of someone in the room. It is almost always between 2:30 and 3:30 AM, but usually exactly around 3:00 AM (give or take a few minutes). I do not feel scared nor do I feel that something is there to hurt me. I feel more like something is trying to communicate or waiting for me to communicate. There is a sense like something else could happen, but it never does. I too psych myself out and will get to scared to get out of bed (just from my own fear of actually seeing a ghost, not because I feel that I am in danager or that the thing there is trying to hurt me) and will usually just try to force myself back to sleep. A few times when I lay in bed, I have felt a tingling sensation in my body, like someone's energy is near me or passing threw me. It has been hard to explain to my husband and friends. It is not like waking up because you have to go to the bathroom or need a drink of water. It is waking up for a PURPOSE, but I have not been able to figure out what the purpose is yet.
I was wondering if you have had any other types of experience? For the most part, it has just been the waking up thing, but one time, when my boyfriend at the time was out working late, I had gone to sleep. A few hours later, someone woke me by whispering my name in my ear. I thought it was my boyfriend getting home and waking me up to say hi. But when I woke up, no one was home. I know it wasn't a dream.
The most recent indcident happened last week. Wednesday morning my very close friends called me in tears to let me know their two month old baby girl had passed away that early morning from SIDS (it happened sometime between 2:00 AM and 4:00 AM). I spent the day with them trying to comfort them and also grieve. Their little girl was like a daughter to me. That night I was emotionally and physically exhausted. Well, after all of these experiences, I decided to test the phenomenon. Before bed I said a little prayer for their baby and told her I was there for her and asked her to visit to let me know she was okay. I didn't really take it too seriously, it was more just like a thought in the back of my mind. Anyway, that night... I woke up wide awake out of a dead sleep. I looked at the clock and it was 2:51 AM. I laid in bed for a minute or so waiting for something. I could feel something there. And then, I felt a very light tingling sensation (fainter and not as stong as other times... I guess what you would expect from an infant energy source). I continued to lay in bed for a bit waiting for something more, but nothing further happened. Out of my own concern, I went to check on my own 2 1/2 year old son in his room. I gave him a kiss while he was sleeping and as I walked out of his room I looked at his clock. It said 2:51 AM. This Sunday, after the burial, I again woke that night... Wide awake. I was almost too paranoid to look at the clock, but made myself do it anyway... It said 2:51 AM. I feel that this is the energy of my friends daughter and maybe this is the time she passed and it is her way of letting me know she is okay and so that I can communicate the experience to her parents.
My gut instinct tells me that I may just be fortunate to be receptive to spirit energy. Like I said earlier, I feel like I wake up for a purpose, but I'm not sure what the purpose is. Is there something else I should be doing and has anyone else had similar experiences that they could help me understand these events?
TheDarkPassenger (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
Could be stress related. The move to a new place, sleep paralysis, agitated sleep etc.

It's possible to wake up from a dream and still hear/see whatever was in our dream. And from that point on paranoia gets in the picture and doesn't help your stress level at night.
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
Jazzeyjay,
Agreed, I think prayer is what is helping me stay sane through these happenings.

Whitebuffalo,
Thank you so much for your help - I am so grateful that you have been so patient to go through my previous post as well before you posted your response. I have an appointment with the doctor in September to check if I have Meinere's disease (which is a peripheral vestibular disorder) . When I googled with the symptoms I had with vertigo, I felt those were similar to this. Also, I figured out (my logical mind always needs reasoning) that my alcohol consumption must have triggered the vertigo.
I use a white sage wand - I am just curious why you said that the lighter is used ONLY to light the sage (and not anything else?).
I think I have reached a stage that I have to ask it to leave when it wakes me up, for the peace of mind I deserve. What if it responds to me in a way I am not prepared for? Well, I think that's the fear I need to address 😊.
Whatever you said makes a lot of sense and gives me encouragement (which I badly need at this time) to face it - especially when I am going through a phase where I am unsure if its pure imagination or if there is really something.
I will keep you updated in a couple of days - hope you will check this post sometime then.

Cline1986
Thanks for another valuable advise. You may not know that you just provided answer to a question that has been going on in my mind.
When I wake up during night these days (which is mostly peaceful other than a part of me slightly confused/scared about what is waking me up), I feel like something is telling me (I don't hear anything) 'I need your help, talk to me! I am not harmful'. On the other side, I feel another part of me (which is more divine) tells me 'Don't communicate, it is very well taken care by the divine'. And I am baffled - when I wake up fresh in the mornings, it makes me think that the energy waking me up at night is good and if it was a bad one, I would wake up tired. So I somehow believe its trying to trick me to talking to it.
Point taken - I won't communicate to it other than for asking it to leave. 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Exactly.
Point WELL taken.
That "gut instincts" spoken of by poetic5551. The "religious...icon" that Surya mentioned. Then there is the "sense of peace" you mentioned. One for the "White Light of the Holy Spirit" by jazzeyjay. And then the "Power of all that is good and pure" by yours truly and the "piece of mind" of Tydin. And, of course, cline1986's entire statement. I'd go with your Higher Power, there, pie1025. The odds are in your favor.
<shrugging>
Align yourself.
Put your faith where it needs to be.
And face this thing head on, in the manner that you SHOULD, if your trust and faith are where they should be.
'Nuff said.
Thank you.
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Hi pie1025

I personally think that you really should not talk to the spirit. Even if you feel that it may not be bad. From some of your comments and your story you sound as if you are being protected by God. If the feeling that you had continues don't give up keep on going.

I have experience something similar to what you are talking about so you are not imagining things. Maybe like you said you are being tested. You said that you wake up and feel peace, but are still scared. Demons can trick you like that, trick you into thinking that the enemy is not around.

God is still there protecting you, but the enemy is trying to slowly but surely trick you into talking to it so don't talk to it unless you are going to tell it to go away.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Sure. I DO think it is a good idea, as the author them-self states in the second sentence of this story "These days I have been waking up sometime between 2 - 4 am and I am wide-awake."
Wide awake.
I am just going by what the author has supplied, much like most of the persons here on site. Never once did the author imply that they were groggy when woken in the wee hours of morning. IF that was even HINTED at, then I would not have suggested such a thing.
Thank you.
Tydin (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Whitebuffalo. Do you really think it's a good idea to tell an impressionable person to burn things with a lighter after they have JUST woken up? I'm pretty sure most people aren't that with it when tidy first wake up.
But I agree with the whole getting checked out thing. I'd advise it to most really when it comes to frequent events that only you yourself seem to experience. If for nothing else, just the piece of mind that your not insane lol. Good luck with this.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Alright then. Let's play a game, shall we?
First let me say that I have just read through BOTH of your accounts, and I am curious about whether or not you have been tested for peripheral vestibular disorder? Most all of the things stated in your last post would point to such a thing. Yes, even the high pitched screaming voice. I would challenge you to be tested if you have not.
Second. Let's get on with the game, shall we?
You say that you are getting up EVERY night at the same time. So let's give you a reason to be getting up. 😉
When you feel the presence, "evil" or "good", and you wake up... Reach for the sage wand and lighter (used ONLY for lighting the sage) that you placed on the bedside table before going to bed, and light it.
Simple as that.
Oh, and what kind of sage are you using?
EVERY night when you get up with that feeling, light the sage.
You say you are unsure about conversing WITH this... Thing. Go with your comfort zone. IF you are frightened, do not do it. IF you are "ho-hum" about the situation, try out a few phrases. Such as "I rebuke you in the name of the Lord", or "By the Power of all that is good and pure in this realm, I ban you back from whence you came". Or even "Dude! You are NOT wanted here, you MUST leave."
See, there are no majical words. No sure fire phrase that is going to knock the beasties back to Hell, if that is where they are coming from. Every animal being, at the moment of creation was given free will. BUT, certain beings HAVE TO listen when others ORDER.
In other words, you can not force someone out of your space by wimpy recited words in a shaky voice. That would be like a five foot naught female weighing 105 lbs going toe to toe with an abominable snowman, who is guarding his pups.
Utterly ridiculous.
Without the right tools.
If you speak with authority, though your knees be knocking, palms sweating, stomach supporting the Ringling Brothers Circus, and your heart hammering out a variety of tunes, your WORDS will be heard.
IF this is nothing, what have you lost? Nothing. You were merely speaking into thin air. If it is a being, then you have gained the self confidence to go forward and ban whatever this is out of YOUR space.
Stand your ground.
Take the power BACK.
Thank you.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
I can tell you that between the hours that you have mentioned is when the Veil between the spirit world and our world is at it's thinnest. Spirit activity is more active during that time. It is also very active when it's hot, damp, muggy & humid.

They feed off of your fear. Spirits feed off of negative activity period. Remember something! FEAR is false evidence appearing real. Pray, ask the Lord to surround you with the White Light of the Holy Spirit! When you get frightened, call out for Jesus, evil can't take hearing the name of Jesus and you will make it flee. Stay in constant prayer and let it know that it can't scare you. You are covered by the blood of Jesus!
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Surya,
Thank You for the suggestions.
After reading the article by Shane (from this website) on smudging, I realised that I wasn't doing some things right.
I don't have the courage to talk to it (to be honest), may be I will do it as a last resort. However, I will need tips to deal if it responds back in any way.
Being a Hindu, I have a Lord Ganesha idol placed near my bed (used to be with me from my college days).
Off the topic, I would say that I am so glad to have found this website, I should say its well-moderated as well! Thank you for your efforts...
poetic5551 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
I think its that "6th" sense of knowing something is not quite right even when we are sleeping. My husband will wake up sometimes "knowing" someone is not at home when they should be. Good Luck! I think your instinct is best. I personally will pray when I wake up that way. Sometime the same time every night for a few weeks. Nuts!
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
poetic5551,
Thank you for your response. I also believe that fear gives them energy - its hard not to be scared when something wakes me up from sleep even after praying. Initially, I used to feel that its very strong but not these days because I am not scared when it wakes me up but I have a sense of peace than fear - though a part of me is scared, I feel my angels and God assuring me that I am well protected. Whats confusing me - how can something wake me up when I am protected? I have had experiences in the past which were easily taken care just by praying to God.
Well, may be its a testing time for my faith in God- let's see what happens next!
poetic5551 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
It may not be a Spirit, it could be a demon, which were never human. Who knows? Demon's are afraid of religion.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
I know people say that 3am is the witching hour, but seriously now, spirits are active all day and all night. I don't think it really matters what time of the day it is, if a spirit good or evil wants to haunt you then it will do it regardless.

May I recommend cleansing your apartment, smudging, burning incense, asking whatever it is to leave you alone.

If your are religious an icon placed close by.
poetic5551 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Late night is the "Bewitching" hour, especially 3pm it is the opposite of when Jesus died on the cross, or so I've read. Just be careful, it wants something, demons are said to smell like sulfur, follow your gut instincts, I believe fear gives them energy. If you believe in God Pray for his protection and imagine yourself in a Golden light of God's Protection or Jesus and nothing can harm you, I would get the house Blessed too! Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: