You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunting At Party

Real Ghost Stories

Haunting At Party

 

So last year, I went to my buddies' house for a party after work. His parents were gone for the weekend so we were going to have some fun. We had this crazy idea that we were going to have a 'rave' party that night. None of us had ever done it before and thought it would be a good laugh. So earlier that day they had Jesse set up his laptop in the basement that was supposedly haunted. His laptop has one of those video recorders attached to it. So they let it record in the basement all day long.

Well they held off the party until I got off work at 10:30. So when I got there they brought out the beer and we started to have fun with the music. About an hour into the party, we decided to get the laptop and start looking at the video feed. He had 7 HOURS RECORDED! So we were just messing around with it and scrolling through it at 2x speed. Still drinking and dancing.

First, I would like to say that no one was drunk at all yet; we can all hold our alcohol very well.

About an hour after watching the video feed Anthony let out a scream. We all ran over to the computer. In the background there was a girl's face on the wall very distinguished but not quite real looking. It was just the face and that was all. She was staring at the camera for a good 20 - 30 seconds. We all stared in awe at the laptop.

Finally, the girl's face disappeared. After a few more seconds, my buddy Rob goes, "Jesse, save this." With nothing but a head nod, Jesse went to go save it. Right as he went to click the save button, every single electronic in the house shut off. The laptop, the lights, the music, all of our cell phones, our iPods, everything. After it turned off a few seconds later the lights came back on and we had no problem turning everything else back on.

Any computer person here will know that since it shut off without us saving it, the video was deleted. So we were freaked out, but still wanted another good scare. We went into the basement (that's also a hangout area), turned off the lights, and played Cradle of Filth - Dinner at Deviants Palace.

For those who don't know, that song is an extremely scary and demonic song. Scares the crap out of me whenever I hear it, and for most of us it was the first time we have ever heard the song.

Luckily, nothing happened except a good thrill. Later that night, we were all starting to feel the alcohol very well. We were still in the basement playing PS3. I soon found myself alone in the basement listening to the techno/rave music very loudly, and still playing the game. Everyone else went outside to have a cigarette, then the music changed its beat a beat and a deeper voice sort of sang, "There's a ghost in the house." then a few seconds of the beat again, and then the voice would repeat that. This happened for about 5 minutes. A few seconds of music then the voice saying there's a ghost in the house.

I got a little freaked by it and felt like I was being watched. I played the feeling off as just being freaked out with the night. Finally the song continued on and my friends came back down. I told them about what happened and they eagerly started going through the CD looking for this part in the song. After 45 minutes of searching we couldn't find it.

Nothing else happened to me that night, but a few of my friends there claimed to feel weird, or see things, or claim stuff moved on its own. I have heard stuff there and my buddy who lives there has claimed to have been attacked once in the garage that is right off the basement. He's terrified of his house and we all just make fun of him about it cause we can be real a**holes to each other.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, IHATEOHIO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dannyboi17 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
wow...haha I think I would have cried...lol...but that's just me... Good story man I got chills reading it...haha
IHATEOHIO (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
We tried once more and nothing lol and I'm originally from PA and got moved to ohio for the military. I hate this state. It sucks. And the face wasn't necessarily creepy. It was just like a regular girls face just giving a wierd stare into the camera.
TheDarkPassenger (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
You might get a kick out of that;)

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wskVvqibY7s
MYsT3RY08 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
DAMN THAT'S A SCARY STORY! I would've loved to be there but I'm not where you are & I don't even know who you are 😢
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
Dude first off love your name as I am from Michigan. Second I would love to have been there when that party happened so I could have seen the face, have you guys tried filming in the basement again since that happened?
IHATEOHIO (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
The voice that said it was just a lot deeper than any of the other voices. We did check the cd again the next day and still could not find it. My buddy says hes tried to find it a few times and never has. Maybe your right maybe that song ticked off another spirit or something and they were toying with me and trying to scare me.

I agree, normally I would have freaked out and gone outside and probly not have even come back in but for some reason I wasn't scared until it stopped then all of my friends came in.

The part of the story that really scared me was when the video camera picked up the ghost face and all the electronics turned off. I nearly wet myself lol
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
IHATEOHIO

When the song said "there is a ghost in the house" other than you decribed it did the voice sound ghost like?

If I had heard that during a song and I was drunk and alone I would have immediately gone outside and told my friends. Did you you check out the song again when you where sober? If you have already done that and still did not find that voice in the song repeating that phrase you did hear some kind of spirit.

Maybe it was another spirit playing with you this time and not the girl. Are you sure that the "Cradle of Filth - Dinner at Deviants Palace" game did not work? Come on you heard a demonic like voice.

I'll say you did something right. Good luck to you and bye.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: