You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our 100 Year Old House

Real Ghost Stories

Our 100 Year Old House

 

If you have read my other stories please read this one as well.

Believe me or not, this all happened to me in our old Spanish era house. To begin with, let me give you a brief history of our house. As we know (some may not), Philippines has been under the Spanish regime for 333 years to be exact. Our house was built in the late 1800s. It was all made of wood, but believe me those woods are really strong that until now we still live in the same house.

I was born and raised in that house and I tell you I have a lot of spooky experiences in that house. Our house has two living rooms, one downstairs where we usually receive our guests and the one upstairs is like a family living room.

I was studying in our living room upstairs. I was around 7 or 8 years old at that time. It was around 4 pm and unlike other kids that used to play during that time I'd rather read a book or study my lessons for the next day. I was on top of my class because of that. Hanging out with other kids is not my kind of thing. Going back to my story, I was reading a book at that time when I saw a lady wearing a long dress with a long hair walking or should I say floating towards the stairs. I know I am not sleepy because it's been an hour since I woke up. Being a kid, seeing something floating in the air scared the hell out of me. I was in shock and was unable to move. After a few seconds, I screamed to the top of my lungs calling for my mom. My mom rushed to me and asked me what happened. I was crying and told her that there was a lady floating in the air and she was heading towards the stairs. My mom told me to hush down and everything will be alright. Being a kid, I hushed down but the thought of that floating white lady never left me. From that time on I became very sensitive to the unseen.

There was one instance when I was taking a bath and I thought my brother passed by so I called for his name but there was no reply so I just ignored it. Later did I realize that my brothers were out of town. Those made every single hair on my body stand up. It happened most of the time until I got used to it.

Sometimes, when everyone is in their respective rooms, you will hear plates and utensils being used in the dining area. It's like "they" are having a small party. There are also some instances when it's like someone is walking up and down the stairs. We know that it is a "he" because of the way the footsteps sound, it is heavy. We know that because the stairs are made of wood as I've mentioned. When I was in my last semester in college, I use to stay up late to finish my thesis. I was doing my final plate to wrap up my thesis when I notice a lady was standing beside me. I turned around to see nothing. It gave me goose bumps so I called it a day and went to bed. I am not the only one experiencing this but my brothers as well, especially when we stay up late at night studying.

Years passed and we all finished college. My younger brother moved to a different location. I got married and got pregnant but unfortunately my first baby died of fetal distress. She got to live an hour and a half. We named her Danielle. That really depressed me. One afternoon, a few weeks after my daughter died, I cried myself to sleep. I don't know if I'm dreaming or what but I saw my grandfather leaving my room with a little girl holding his hand. Thinking that it was a dream I

Went back to sleep. My husband woke me around 5 pm and asked why did I leave the bedroom door open, I said I did not and then I remember what I saw a while ago. I burst into tears and my husband asked me why. I told him what happened. After a year I was sitting on the dining room having a cup of coffee when suddenly I looked on the top of our stove, I could not say anything because I saw a little girl about a year old sitting on top of the stove and swinging her legs in a childish way then vanished. My grandmother told me that sometimes when she is alone in our house she will hear small footsteps coming from the second floor. She just ignores it. When I gave birth to my second child we will sometimes hear my son giggling staring into nothing.

We still experience a lot of weird things in that house but I know that we are living with good ghosts or entities or whatever you call them. But most important of all they don't hurt us and we got

Used to them. I've been living there for 29 years of my life. I don't know if my first encounter really made me sensitive to these things. But all I know is that we are living with this "thing".

Other hauntings by blue_raven80

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blue_raven80, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sylviessweeties (135 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
Hello Danielle's Mommy, your daughter is truly special & is always with you. Danielle is gorgeous & perfect like her Mother. Was her middle name Caroline? I remember you talking about your experience with your daughter on the net. I think you later gave Danielle a brother. Your story is an inspiration, your daughter is with you

Lilike my 1st child I had severe maternal anemia at 35 weeks pregnancy with her. After a rapid birth with AROM Lilike was born sick on June 25th 2003. Admitted to the hospitals Neonatal Unit. Lilike was pale & had some rib retractions, she needed 23-28% 02 for less then 24 hours, and needed to have iv fantibiotics started on her day of birth due to a FBE (Full Blood Examination) that showed a high white cell count with a band neutrophil of 70% with toxic changes, Lilike was suspected of having neonatal sepsis that later was written as Lilike having TTN in a discharge report I got for Lilike a few weeks after her discharge home.

Next morning Lilike was off the 02 7 Lilike was a demanding bottle feeder in the afternoon not 24 hours old yet. On no 02, but on antibiotics, for 7 days. In the case of Matthew Hutchinson born the year before Lilike on 6 January 2002 & passed on 7 January 2002 where was a patient in the same Neonatal Unit, Lilike was in a year later. I find this information in Matthews report online.
Http://www.courts.sa.gov.au/courts/coroner/findings/findings_2005/hutchinson.finding.htm
The FBE (Full Blood Examination) for Matthew was unremarkable apart for some toxic changes in the neutrophils. For Matthew blood was drawn for cultures (subsequently returning negative results), and antibiotics were commenced (penicillin and gentamicin). My daughter Lilikes blood drawn from her 1st FBE (Full Blood Examination) revealed she had toxic changes in her band neutrophils of 70% with negative cultures. And each FBE (Full Blood Examination) from heel sticks each day came back negative but with no toxic chanes & no abnormal white cell counts. With the 23-28% 02 & iv antibiotics from her day of birth she stable and got well quickly in less then 24 hours, she was bottle feeding.

My son Locke is my 2nd child. He was born healthy, when dad cut the cord from around his neck twice after I stopped pushing. My own dad, my sons grandfather had come to me a few days before his birth, saying Locke will have the cord wrapped around his neck when hes born like your sister had.

On his fathers birthday, baby Locke stared into the corner of the lounge chair and cried loudly, then burst into lots of laughter. Once he said in the middle of the hallway as he hugged thin air, "I love you"

I had a micarriage on feb 13th 2007 with blood in the urine. And on July 22nd I had a 2nd girl Anjeni born healthy.

I had dreamt of my 2 girls together in 2001, fell pregnant with my 1st daughter in 2002 & she was born in 2003. I also had dreamt about my son Locke in 2004. Fell pregnant with Locke born in 2006. Anjeni is my last child.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
I can't imagine the pain of losing your first child but seems like she hasn't lost you. I have heard that spirits who pass very early in life continue to grow up on the other side. Maybe some reincarnate which may give explanation to why we are so intuned to someone we just met. You went through a lot and I would be very grateful to God to be able to have these visitations being that they bring comfort. Congrats on your second baby and seems like this baby also knows and is happy with the visits from big sister.
prinsessnight (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Dear blue raven80,
I think that little one year old girl was your daughter that died at an hour and a half. You prabably saw her at one years old because you saw her a year after she died. I hope this has helped you a lot.😊😁
NiramLuap (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Well, I don't think that seeing that apparition made you sensitive as much as you were already sensitive and the incident made you realize it. And I know all about "mumu's." It's what my mother told me would get me if I didn't eat my broccoli. 😆
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
NiramLuap:

All what they told you is true. Scary I know. But I was born and raised here. Do you think the moment I saw the floating lady or the white lady made me sensitive to the unseen? My son can also see the lady and he calls her "mumu" 😨
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
-2
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
geekonme239:

Sa manila ako pinanganak at lumaki. Pati mom ko dito na rin lumaki. Salamat sa comment mo. 😊
NiramLuap (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Wow. Yes, sorry about your first born. It's cool though that Danielle seems to visit you and that your grandfather seems to be taking care of her. Even if spooky, I'm sure that that's very comforting to you. I hope it's given you some form of peace.

As for the Philippines, I've been there a few times, specifically in the city (?) of Sasmuan. I've actually seen some of those old houses in passing. The facades looked so dilapidated and creepy that I don't think I could ever muster up the nerve to go inside. From the stories I've heard from aunts, uncles and cousins, the Philippines seem to be overflowing with the supernatural; ghosts, fairies, goblins, etc. May any future encounters be pleasant for you! Ingats! 😉
book_luver123 (227 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Sorry to hear about your daughter. The Philippines sounds very interesting, much more interesting than Australia, where I'm from. The ghosts just seems to like hanging around. ❤
geekonme239 (14 posts)
-2
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Saan po banda kayo sa Pilipinas? Nagpaplano po kasi kaming magpunta sa mga bahay na naitayo mula pa noong 1800s na nasa magandang kondisyon pa rin hanggang ngayon - to take pictures. Naniniwala po ako na kasama na ng mga matatandang bahay ang mag multo. Package deal nga daw, sabi nila. Kasi marami na nangyari sa apat na sulok nun. At ikanalulungkot ko po ang nangyari sa anak mo. May plano po ang Diyos kung bakit nangyari yun. Magpakatatag ka lang po. Kaya yan, para na lang din po kay Danielle. Ingat.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
I think the lady that you saw a couple of times might be a Guardian Angel. The little girl you saw a few times may have been the daughter that you lost. I'm sure she just wishes to be with her family.
As you said, I don't think they will cause any harm.

God Bless.
ReloadGurl (3 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Ah yes, I have had similer experinces when I moved to my new home.
Ghoast like that can kind of be like a blessing to have around in the right times, huh? Well, I think you are very lucky at that point! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: