You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Rush of Air in my Ear

Real Ghost Stories

Rush of Air in my Ear

 

This is a really short story, but it's something I have never forgotten. My grandfather (on my father's side) passed away in 1999, during my first week in high school. I was very close with him and his death was definitely a blow. Sometimes it's still hard for me to believe he's really gone. And maybe that's why this happened.

About a year had gone by since my grandfather had passed away and I was sitting in the living room, reading a book. I zone out when I'm reading, so I was pretty startled when a rush of air went into my ear. I looked around and no one was in the house. They were all outside. None of the fans were on and the windows were shut, including the one I was sitting near.

And yes, at first I thought it was a draft. But then I realized that the windows were brand new and there was barely a breeze outside.

I think back to that day and deep in my heart, I believe it was my grandfather letting me know he would always be there. Even if I couldn't see him, I could at least feel his presence.

Other hauntings by EarthboundAngel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
You will EarthboundAngel, they will be waiting for you with open arms and smiles as bright as the sun. But I believe they will have to wait a long time yet. Which to them hours seem like seconds and days like hours. They would wait a hundred years and to them it would be nothing more than the blink of an eye. Thank you again for your kind words.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
Shane,

Thank you as well. You always seem to know the right words to say to authors with stories like mine. =) It did make me feel better, after he blew in my ear. Granted, it scared the crap out of me for a moment, it also eased my mind, in some way. He still visits my dad from time to time, as well as my mother (which is heartening because my parents divorced when I was 11 and my grandfather didn't stop loving my mother as a second daughter... Long story) and grandmother. I just can't wait to see him again, someday, on the other side.
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
I love Tyler,

Thank you very much for your comment. I know he doesn't want me to be sad anymore and now I am okay with him being gone. But that doesn't mean the empty void in my heart is gone, you know? All I know is that he's happy wherever he is and that he's watching over us.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
Sorry about not posting to your story earlier EarthboundAngel as I had every intention of getting to it yesterday. What I wanted to tell you is that our loved ones will let us know in different ways that they are still around and that they love us as much as we do them. I am sure they miss us just as much.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
i love tyler (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
it seems to me like he is telling you everything is ok and you shouldnt be sad about his death and you should move on. That's probably what he would have wanted.

so...be hapy and realize hes gone. Its ok.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: