You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Dog

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Dog

 

A few nights ago I was chatting away with my friends on myspace. I was the only one awake, and was already a little shaken up by the creaks that the house made. I silently sat back to take a breath, when I heard the panting of a dog. Freaked out, I turned around quickly to look and see if one of my dogs had wondered into the room. Then there was a heavy, moist, breath on my foot, along with the panting noise of a dog. Scared nearly half to death, I ran downstairs, and crawled into my bed. Sure, my imagination pulls tricks on me but not that good of tricks. You may say whatever, and I'm just a young kid. But I know what I heard and what I felt. Since then, my mom had told me she has heard the scratching of a dog on a door, when all of our dogs were outside.

Many other things have happened here in our old house, and I am glad that we are moving out of it. I mean, come on, my sister seeing an old lady, a man and a little girl. Plus two dogs. That's just plain crazy for us to stay living here. Therefore... We are moving and that's final!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Leafeon (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-16)
Over a month ago my parents got me a Ouija bored for Hanukah. Me and my little sister Olivia played with it in front of the fireplace witch had a fire blazing inside of it. I hoped I was comunicating with my cousin's dog Roco who passed away in 2009 from a back injury. I kept asking if he could lick me but got no reply. After the second time I swear for a split second I saw Roco's head form in the fire. I know I saw it because Olivia saw it to. I don't know if it was a ghost or my imagination. 😕
Ch3L534 (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
i as well see a dog, wen I go to my brothers house there is an empty lot and I see a german shepard just laying dow this only hsppens once a season 😐
g13 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
I know this posting is a quite old, and hopefully you haven't had anymore unwanted contact with spirits, but when I read this and you said you were young, I had to post something back to you, in case you were still checking comments.

When I was around 7 I started seeing a white dog. It could be any and everywhere, not just outside. I saw the dog until I was 12. That was when we moved, and it seemed the contact just stopped. I didn't miss it, as I was afraid of it at the time. I had also heard things saying my name in our house, and had physical contact with something.

If, as one of the first posts said, the spirit has followed you, and if you haven't already, you may want to consider embracing it. I've been recently reading other stories of people who have had contact with a "white dog" spirit, and most seem to say it has seemed friendly, or it has shown up to protect or help something in some way.

Just my thoughts.
amy_x (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-08)
thats really weird, you will have to find out how old you house is and who lived there before you. Maybe if they had a dog who died. I wouldn't be frightened because the dog is probbably only wondering why your in his/her house. This might not help, but I here noises but never a dog. Weird.
PurpleSharpie98795 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
duh when your dogs are outside they would be scratching on the door! And that breath was probably another one of your dogs. Not ghosts
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Hi, You saying your sister saw an old woman, a little girl and her dad, and two dogs, it might be a family that once lived there, or on the land that your place is on, I know it is scary for you, but it don't sound like they are trying to hurt you or anything, has your dogs acted weird in any certain kind of way? Thanks, for sharing your story and Good Luck. 😊
cricket (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Actually, telling a ghost to go to the light really isn't like they show us in movies. I see spirits every day and some can be very scary, but remember, you can tell them to leave you alone. I've learned that it is always better to ask politely for them to leave and not to bother you anymore. Doesn't always work, but for the most part they just want us to know they are there and they like respect. I hope your new house is easier for you, but if you are followed, remember they may need you to just say hello, and yes, I know you are here.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
oh one last thing your new house could be haunted mos houses are. They can be new or old they don't have to have a history ghosts just live in any house really. 😊you should read my stories on psychic experience website my name is Katie on there the website is on top of the page just click on it.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
I hear creaks in my mum and dad room and the creaks only happen if someone is walking in that room. The creaks keep going on now and then. Last week I heard a little girl voice coming from that room she sounds so cute she was talking and she then made a bang. I do believe you houses can be haunted I've seen 3 other ghost as well the girl I heard last week was the first ghost girl I've heard. Thanks for sharing your story with us I enjoyed reading it.
TheGhostGuy (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-24)
Not to be a disappointer, but when ghosts get attracted to you they might go to the new house. When you feel or see that they are there, do not run away, try to describe the white light so they can move on.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: