You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Grandparent's House

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandparent's House

 

It's been four years since I've had any supernatural experiences that have scared me; I guess it's just part of getting used to the fact you're not always truly alone. However, growing up in my grandparent's house I had plenty I'm sure to never forget! I lived there with my mom and younger bother, along with my aunt and her daughter who was three years older than me and of course my grandparent's. I was five at the time we moved in and honestly don't remember anything strange at that age.

My first experiences with the supernatural in that house what when I was around 7 years old. I started hearing strange voices calling my name. It was always in short whispers so I could never really figure out if it was male or female. After the strange voices it just started to snow ball with odd occurrences, I began seeing people from the corner of my eye just standing in the middle of rooms or peeking around corners. They were often dressed in black cloaks and sometimes I would only be able to make out there faces.

I eventually told my mother what was happening and she just said "It's all in your head honey", so I asked my cousin if she ever heard strange voices calling her name and she just gave me a strange look and told me I was crazy. So I thought that my mom was right and started ignoring the voices and "imaginary people", but then the voices started to get louder and were no longer a whisper they would say things like "I know you can hear me" or "Hey, come over here!" they would totally creep me out like no other.

I always remember being scared in that house sometimes I would even cry myself to sleep because I could hear them at night moving around my bed. This went on until I was 12 and moved out of the house, after we moved I didn't hear those strange voices anymore but I would still see ghost when I least expected it.

I would really like to hear what you think about this?

Other hauntings by shellybelly

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shellybelly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
Their slightly creepy appearances may not have meant that they wanted to hurt you. It seems like they really wanted your attention. They knew you could hear and see them. They may have just been spirits irritated that you wouldn't pay attention to them.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
I believe you too. 😊
I'm no expert but I think you might have a gift. These ghosts are yearning for your attention, seeing as they know you can hear them. The spirits seem to need your help. Have you experienced anything similar since this?
Maybe try listening to them and helping them find the light. If your still not comfortable with helping, then try having the house/yourself blessed. Asking them to leave you alone might also work.
Don't let these spirits walk all over you (Not literally 😆), tell them what you want them to do. Whether it be leaving or finding the light.

Good Luck and God Bless.
GlamGirl (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
I believe you, I know how you felt when I would spend the summer with my grandparents in their historic home in hingham, ma I would also cry myself to sleep and sleep with covers over my head because of what I heard and saw in the corner of my room. Although I never wanted to tell my grandparents because I loved spending time with them so much and did not want them to be afraid for me.
Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
It might be that your mother was right. I am sorry but this does not sound real.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
well I think that they could have been ghosts desperate for your attention.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: