You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghostly Woman Seen

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Woman Seen

 

I have a true ghost story to tell told by my father recently. This horrible story happened in Picto County Nova Scotia, Canada.

Many years ago, before the 1930's there was a family that lived near this brook. There was the husband, wife and their two sons and for some reason the husband and his two sons murdered his wife/mother and chopped her up into pieces. They dumped her body into the brook next to their home.

Then, during the 1930's my uncle and his two friends went fishing one day. They were there for about fifteen minutes when suddenly, they saw this woman appear on top of the water wearing a long dress she was walking and then, she vanished.

They were so terrified they ran away leaving their fishing rods behind. Later that day only my uncle went back to get the rods He was brave enough to go back there. They all refused to ever fish there again. They had no idea that something like this occurred years before. They did find out later from a neighbour who told them about this terrible murder that took place.

They all admitted that it was a very scary experience for them.

I would like to read what others think of this.

I believe, this woman had died in a painful and unpleasant way.

Any comments or questions are okay.

Thanks, for reading my story.

Other hauntings by canadian123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, canadian123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Marg (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
I would like people to know that my two uncles were fishing at a river side bank when this haunting took place years ago.😁
Marg (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
Hi,hollyholly
No,I don't think that house in no longer standing there today.TigerLily,I don't think anything was done about the brutal death of what they did. Back then, people got away with more and I still think,it's a horrible way to die. I think her husband and her two sons were insane.Thanks,for your responses and questons,everyone.😊
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
What a horrific story. 😠 That was a horrible way to leave the world. Like hobbyholly said: "Brutal and untimely."
I would hate to think of anybody I knew killing their parents/spouse.
Do you know if anything happened to the husband and sons? I hope they suffered just as badly! 😠

Cholulteca: I'm sure your children wouldn't dare. I'm sure they love you very much. 😊

God Bless.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
That is horrible. In my opinion the woman is hanging around, hoping to have someone bring the family members to justice.
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
😭 I'm a daughter... I would NEVER ever ever do that to my mom! Don't fret Cholulteca! Sad story: (
Debra84 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
Thats horrible. How sad, her childeren and husband would do that to her.
I would be camped out by that pond. EVP session would be cool. Maybe, she would give a clue to why she was still around or what happend.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
That poor woman 😢 I can't imagine what she could have done to make her husband and son do something so horrific like that. I agree with hobbyholly and can understand why her spirit is still there.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
So sad!, I am a mother and only the thought of my kids doing something like that to me... 😭, very, very sad indeed... 😢
Claudia
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
Pretty clear cut story. The family from the 30's that lived near the brook, did they have a home? If so, is it still standing?

Clearly this woman suffered a brutal and untimely death. I can understand why her spirit may still be there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: