You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Follower?

Real Ghost Stories

Follower?

 

It was about year ago maybe longer. I was sleeping in my room and I could feel someone holding me down on my bed. It felt like my eyes were rolling in the back of my skull. I tried so hard to call for help but I just couldn't speak it was weird nor move any muscles in my body. So I did the only thing I knew I could and I prayed to god. I asked him to help me. And it stopped!

About a week later it happened again but this time I could hear a little kid screaming in my ears. It sounded like he was being tortured. That next day I talked to mom about it and it also happened to her that same night. My youngest sister woke up screaming and she never does that and she was 2yrs old.

Then we lost that apartment and went to job corps. It must had been at least 2 months since that happened last. It happened again and lasted 2 days but I didn't hear any voices. By this point I was getting used to it. But I never said anything to anyone. I thought people would think I was crazy.

A couple months after that I moved in with my girl and her mom. Then it happened again at there house. Now I have my own apartment with the love of my life! It wasn't to long until it happened again. But this time I saw someone looking at me from my bedroom door. It was very scary! I never told her what it looked like. But last night I stayed up all night until a little after 6 playing guitar hero in bed. Then randomly it felt like someone was pushing down for on my chest, with there hands. I thought nothing of it until my girl woke up gasping for air. She asked me if I heard her yelling my name, and claimed that she was hitting me in the chest. But I was wide awake I know she did none of that. She then said she felt like someone was holding her down. She said she saw a little kid and a guy with a shotgun trying to shoot her, while kicking in our front door. Same door we have here in our place. She explained to me what the guy looked like. Exactly like the guy I saw the last time it happened to me.

Does anyone have any idea what this is?

Is someone following me?

Am I crazy?

Will it ever go away?

what should I do?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, intense05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rosie93 (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
This seemed like a classic case of sleep paralysis at first, but the way you describe your more serious experiences doesn't match up with the symptoms. The thing that stands out the most to me is the fact that you, your mother, your sister and your girlfriend all had the exact same experiences at different times. It sounds pretty serious; think about having your house blessed, that might help.
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-20)
I just want to throw this out here: Could her vision /dream have been of a future event that the entity was trying to torture her with as a way to get even with you.

I don't believe in sleep paralysis is the cause here I have seen people wide awake suddenly get held down but an unseen entity.

Again Just my opinion
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
God bless you both... Keep a Cross with you and your HALF my dear friend it will never let you go until and unless you will fight with it...

God Bless you ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Nah, nothing as freaky as all that, intense05. I would not say that something is following you, but I DO think you may have quite a connection with the love of your life there.
I am just throwing a suggestion out here, take it or leave it, really it is all up to you. Perhaps you need to try to rule out ALL probable physical issues that can create those same sensations. When was the last time you had a complete physical? I mean, the Whole Bag of Wax?
The interesting part in this all is that you FELT something on your chest, and your girl KNOWS she beat on your chest. Hmmm. That is a puzzler, isn't it? That is ALSO why I said there seems to be quite a connection there.
If you could come back, and answer a few of the questions that these other commenter's posed, perhaps you could be on the road to answering those last five questions in this story.
Thank you.
cuute09 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
First of all, I believe in what you've been experiencing. It's not what they call "sleep paralysis". It's the spirit that still lingers around earth. I experience that before many times, and people who even get held down from those spirits. Some they draws energy from you by holding you down only and won't hurt you but some, they'll hurt you and scare you. I know more just email me if you want to hear more...blue_gc8 [at] yahoo.com
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
I suggest if this happens again praying to your god/goddess of your religion and saying things like go away.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
Sounds like you didn't have an easy time of being a child or transitioning into adult hood. These things can leave one feeling insecure and confused. Night terrors are common with children going through life changes. You are in a good place in your life now and I'm sure these episodes will decrease and finally fade. I don't know if sleep paralysis is genetic, I have never read such, but I do think stress can trigger it.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
This is really a tuff one.
Psychologist's can help you to a certain point, but if they are not open to certain things that exist in this world that one just can't explain, they may want to put a label on you and put you on harmful medications. You have to be careful with Psychics as well, because sometimes they are not always truthful.
I read your story again and I don't see in there where you told your girlfriend what these people looked like, so if you did not give her that information, I don't know how anyone could attribute what you both went through with sleep paralysis and dreams. This may or may not be the case. To me, it is sounding like you knew these people in a past life and they have followed you over to this life. Which is something that has happened to many people. I have seen cases where children were being tormented by the spirit of a woman who was actually their mother in a past life and still thought she was the child's mother in this life and was literally making full contact with this child. After careful researching, it was found out that this person really did exist at one time and all of the information the child had given was acurate. All I can say is be careful and I hope you can find the answers.

God bless you
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
intense05--First off, congratulations on love and your new place. You sound ready to advance to a new level in the concept of control. This is the part where we learn how completely we have control over no one and nothing but our own self. And that's the good news. To love is to not be tense but to relax with someone in trust. This is not to give you my dime psychology but to set up my responses to your questions.
Based only on your descriptions, I tend to agree with the others as to sleep paralysis. We all experience it, and once you know about it, the terrors in our minds usually disperse themselves in non-paralytic attack nightmares. The thing is, connected with the control issue, is that you can tell yourself, 'relax,' you take a deep breath or two, and the terrors diminish. It seems odd and counter-intuitive, but instead of tense battle, most threats of this nature dissolve by "letting go."

In the context players of a little girl threatened by a brutal man, two things in your story stand out to me. (A) Your family experienced a concurrent spectre of some type, and (B) your ladylove had a close enough repeat of your experience, more than I think would be triggered by your telling her of yours, if you did.
I know you'd like to have some answers on this, and I believe you can/will find them as time goes on. For instance, you might casually ask some old neighbors who lived there in the past.
If this is more than sleep paralysis, which is almost always triggered by huge unresolved tensions (not necessarily troubles but tensions) and if this is a plea from the other side of the membrane wall we call "reality," then they'll know they've got your attention and will visit until they're freed from whatever grip binds them there.

Hope this helps in some tiny way. There are so so many "takes" on things, and these are only mine.
GWG ~ James
Rebeka82 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
If the above doesn't help, it also sounds like you may be being haunted by a evil spirit of some kind. I would try the sleep thing first though and if that is not it call a preist. Good luck and I hope you get answers and hopefully a resalution to your problem.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
I don't think it was sleep paralysis because you said your girl felt someone hold her down too, plus she saw the same person you saw.
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
I totally agree with mrunmai. I also suffered from this sleep paralysis. At first I freaked out. I felt that I would die. So, I explained it to mom. She told me that it was sleep paralysis and she also told me to not get frighented.Now,I got familiar to this thing.

So my suggestion is - you should not panic and try to remain cool.

Take care. ❤ ❤ ❤
mrunmai (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
The symptoms you describe are quite similar to sleep paralysis -- a condition where your brain wakes up, and therefore you're conscious but your body is still asleep. Therefore you will be able to hear, feel and will try to move or talk but the body will not respond. With some people sleep paralysis is accompanied with hallucinations (seeing people, animals, unspecified creatures and hearing loud noises) and the feeling that the chest is tightening (something sitting on your chest, pushing you down).
Sleep paralysis is often hereditary -- that would explain why your mom and your sis also experience the same things.
In your case, the anxiety and panic is making it worse.
Certain lifestyle factors, drugs, prescription medications make sleep paralysis worse. Along with this, if you already suffer from hallucinations, sleep paralysis will only be more severe.
Personally, I think if you can control your panic during the attack, it will not freak you out the way it does. You need to research a bit more about sleep paralysis -- there are lots of websites over the internet. Your best option is to become aware that you're having an attack of sleep paralysis when it does happen next time, and just allowing it to pass. If things continue you will do better by consulting a qualified psychologist than resorting to advice from psychics or those who believe in ghosts. The problem is that of the mind, and the mind can be controlled. It is not of supernatural powers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: