You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Uninvited Follower

Real Ghost Stories

The Uninvited Follower

 

Everything was back normal at home. Or so we thought. It turns out that something followed us from our visit to San Bernardino. Actually, something followed my daughter, Sharon. (For background, see http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21524#comment.)

Sharon begun to suffer from sleep paralysis many times. We at least want to believe that's what they were but these experiences always happened after terrible night terrors. Back then she was 16 years old. Her dad and uncle (who's not blood related) have both recounted similar occurrences they had in their childhood, but the thing is, my daughter had never suffered from these episodes until after we visited that ghost town.

Her younger sister and I did have some unexplained things happen but it was mostly focused on Sharon. She says she felt something heavy mounting her chest followed by paralysis. She'd scream, cry, and try to get my attention but no sound left her mouth. She could only blink and look around. It's the same descriptions I've heard from her dad and uncle. It'd get so bad she would end up sobbing inconsolably from fright once she's able to move.

I believe I'm not quite as sensitive to these phenomena as her and her dad but I do remember one odd experience. My girls were at school and their dad at work so I was all alone in the condo. I was watching Avatar and was very focused in the movie but I could have sworn I heard them come home and even inform me that they would get something to eat. However, an hour or so later, they were back and I learned that they had barely just gotten home and they never told me they were getting anything to eat. I can't explain what happened there.

My youngest, Sue, also had her own experience. She was trying to sleep but something that sounded like a woman, began whispering in her ear. My daughter joined me in my bed but it kept on happening. I didn't hear anything. Since it wouldn't stop, we moved to sleep together on the floor (together meaning Sharon joined us) and the whispering still continued. By then, Sue was crying. We turn on all the lights and began to pray and finally it stopped. Good thing it never happened again.

To this day, Sharon still remembers her scary episodes, especially the familiar female giggle. A giggle she had also heard during our night at that cabin in the Calico Ghost Town!

Other hauntings by augiegvc

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, augiegvc, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

augiegvc (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
To Sam222 & DreamOfMe:

I can't say for sure that it's gone but you see, my husband had gotten so fed up with the attacks on our daughter that he provoked the entity into following him instead. Well it seemed to have worked because the entity left Sharon alone and started to attack him instead, all the way to Paramount where he was living at the time. It go so bad that one night, it pulled him by his leg and onto the floor.

So entity might still be lingering around my husband. Just recently, it was night and he was asleep while I was awake watching some movie when he began to make these weird sounds. He tends to snore so I just chucked up to funny whimpering snoring. But a little later he woke up and told me he'd been under sleep paralyses. I should have woken him up, when under attack, people do tend to make these whimpering sounds. I don't know if it's the same spirit since lately, he's been very sensitive to the spirit world.
augiegvc (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
To Kshaya_SL:

Thank you for sharing your beliefs with me 😊. We're mostly Catholics, though I don't really follow the religion to the letter (there's just things in the religion that doesn't make sense to me), but I do believe in God and angels and life after death. These experiences can be quite frightening but they also give proof of life after death. At least that's one positive aspect of spirits.
DreamOfMe (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Reading your experience story left me full if goosebumps and eyes in tears. I believe your daughter sue is telling the truth. Always sprinkle holy water (if you are Christian) to cleanse the body where they have visited to some weird place. Or spirits might follow you and do that. Nowadays people are so much into Modern lifestyle and they neglected all those gods and spiritual stuff in their life. People thing everything can be explain from a medicine / science perspective but they do not know that other stuff is harming their loves one.
Anyway glad that Sue is fine now but I sense it's not fully gone. May god bless her.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Augiegvc, I read your experience in Calico ghost town right before this one, and it seems like something did follow her, I mean the two stories fit together, so they probably are related. Glad you got it to stop.
Kshaya_SL (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-08)
Am a buddhist and we too believe that there's a life after death and we also believe that their nature of that life depend on what they did in their human life. That means good and bad, if they did a loads of good things they can come back to the human world again, if not they will born according to that good and bad they have done. That is what we believe and also as we believe there are types of ghosts, that also depend on that good and bad, like, if we did lots of bad things and if our mind is full of bad thoughts we will born as a demon. They suffer a lot and that is why they trying to harm human. I don't have a good knowledge about what christians believe, anyways just trying to tell how Buddhists believe about the paranormal things.
Kshaya_SL (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-08)
Was waiting to read this story, thanks for sharing, and it is confirmed that what ever it was there in that ghost house followed you and I don't think that it is a good thing. Let me ask you one thing, are you sure that thing has gone forever after prayers?
ashar123 (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-07)
Ya surely. There is life after death. I think Christianity believes it and hinduism too but not islam. But personally I believe in it.

Whatever we believe but eventually this world and lord remains a mere mystery. When we think our question is answered we find other questions associated with it. Me and you can only have faith on our assumptions which we think to be consistent but the truth always rests undiscovered, unfound! 😊
augiegvc (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-07)
I was commenting about these occurrences with Sue and she told me that the whispering never did stop that night, it was just that every time she closed her eyes or tried to sleep, the whispering would be there by her ear. So that night she didn't sleep at all. She did confirm though that she hasn't had anything like this happen again after that night.
augiegvc (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-07)
To ashar123:

I'm glad you enjoyed my story. My family and I are always interested in these kinds of phenomena but to actually experience something like this ourselves is way different then from just hearing or reading it somewhere. 😨 But hey, it's proof that there's is life after death. I just sad it's most likely that these types of contact comes from souls caught in limbo. 😭
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-07)
Truly a nice story but not a nice experience you have gone through. Now after this no one can say you were tricked last time in the 'Calico Ghost House' because I think that thing followed you from there. I was really excited to read this story.

Take Care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: