You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Paranormal Experiences Run In My Family

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Experiences Run In My Family

 

First day first story.

Allow me to first say that paranormal experiences run in my family, each of us has had numerous experiences, but this one has me a little confused.

In my home there is one hall with all the rooms in it, most located on the side but one particular one (which is now mine) is at the end of the hall. This room has always seem to be the one that everything flows into, and has seen the most activity, some not very pleasant. When I first agreed to take the room from my brother I had no idea what I was getting into. Things moving, voices, and a strange attraction to the wooden wind chime I have being only a few of the minor happenings.

Last night I was present for one of the stranger occurrences. I woke at 3:30 in the morning to find my blanket flung across the room and my books beginning to fly off the shelf one by one. My wind chime was jerking around like mad and my bed moved a good foot to the right, accompanied by the falling of my picture frames off the walls. Now I am not one with nerves of steel and as such was...well...cowering behind a pillow.

In all the commotion, it took me a moment to realize that my room had gotten darker, and continued to do so until it was so dark I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. It was cold and harsh, but when it cleared a few moments later my room was silent and still.

This has never happened before and I have never heard of it happening to anyone else. So I turned to the internet for some insight and found this site. I am curious to see what you all have to say and what you may know about this.

Other hauntings by Zeno_ama

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zeno_ama, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rockangel (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
dear Zeno_ama,i've been experiencing the same type of thing, but more around midnight. What I usually do is turn on all of the lights in my room and say "Get the heck out of here and for some reason, it worked. I hope it works for you 😊
Sai_Chan (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
03:00-05:00 is the time of element 'wood', and the time of tiger.
And the chime is made of wood. Take it off. It attracts ghosts.
If you are born at year 1992, or year of monkey, that fits the time that haunts.
If the hallway is long and dark, and facing west, brighten it 24 hours.
If it is west, and you are the youngest girl in the house, then that room haunts you the most.
If the hallway is at a straight line to the front or back door of the house, bad!
Midnight_Still (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
The time that it happened is very signifigant, trust me the hours between 3 and 5 in the morning are what's known as dead time (check out the show paranormal state on A&E they discuss it) it's a time of great paranomral power, if you're a sensitive chances are that you often wake up for no reason during these times, it's a strange expierence. Also you said that your room was a vocal point, there's your answer, it could be a portal or it could be just you that invites them in. If you felt an evil presence then I suggest a cleansing, if not then what I normally do is ask them politly to leave, a lot of the times they will, it could be a confused spirit or left over physic energy, i.e. Poltergist
Zeno_ama (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-25)
gcecelie:

Well no, not just fear.
Fear was the side effect of the happenings,
Though all the emotions I felt may have not been my own.
There was initial fear, then sadness and anger, as it faded I felt an odd sense of calm and...love?
I'm not quite sure how to describe it.
gcecelie (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-24)
Poltergeist does sound like a logical answer but what about the other alternative. You did wake up a little after 3. It may sound silly but when I was teenager I had issues between 3 - 430 am every single morning and what was there wasn't anything that I created.

If its a worse case scenario, be careful:)

What emotion did you have when it happened? Just fear?
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-24)
I don't blame you for being scared.Maybe it wasn't tring to hurt you,it was proably tring to scare you.Also they say ghosts aren't aware of the living,so don't be too creeped out.
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-23)
I would be asking my brother, what all he experienced in that room.
I would take me some anointed oil (oil that been prayed over) and pray for God's protection in that room. I would anoint all four walls and corners and plead the blood of Jesus over me.
Zeno_ama (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-23)
Sebastian:

Wow, what an answer. Thank you very much, I appreciate it. As I said I had never gotten anything like this before, the ones I get are calm on a normal basis. But...a poltergeist...that would explain a lot.

I have yet to talk to my family about it, well not all of them anyways. I informed my brother and got a smug grin and a "Hey, you wanted the room."
Perhaps I should ask what kind of activity he's seen in there so I can be ready for it.
Sebastian (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-23)
Poltergeist... In most common cases generally centered around pubescent energies, or the youth such as young adults, this kind of entity has abilities ranging from making rapping and knocking noises to moving objects around rooms. At certain points they can even manefest their own voices (even multiple voices). Theory suggests that they derive their energies from children going through puberty (anywhere from ages approximately 11-25). How to deal with it really is determined by your faith and where your religion lies. In most cases in western thought, an exorcism is in order, although, poltergeist phenomenon has also been accounted for in latent psychokinesis abilities, especially in younger teens and younger adults. These "off shoots" (as I call them) could be caused by a certain someone having feelings of angst or frustration in thier lives, although these feelings could also feul entities so that is something to be wary of. If you suspect an entity, try simple communication, like the whole "knock once for yes and twice for no". You say paranormal experiences run in your family, so the naturality for psychic abilities within you is very high. Also, have you talked with your family about this? Anyways I hoped I helped...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: