You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Vanishing Girls

Real Ghost Stories

Vanishing Girls

 

This happened to me and my best friend when we were about 15. This is when the very first Matrix had come out. Remember at that time no one had seen a movie like this so it was a big deal. We were a bit rebellious at that age and we had skipped school to go see it. Now, in Philly, if you live a certain distance from your school, you get free school tokens for the transit bus. Of course the movie was like the best thing we had ever seen. During our numerous raids of jumping up and down during the movie we lost all of our school tokens. We had not noticed this until we were out the movie theater and about to get on the bus. Feeling very stupid we got off the bus and ran back to the movie theater. They did let us back in but all of our tokens were gone. We had no idea how we were going to get home. Cell phones were not as easy to get as it is today and we had no money. There was no one around because everyone had got on the bus we just missed. While sitting there in a panic we noticed a couple of girls coming our way. I do not remember who suggested it but we decided to ask them if they had any extra school tokens. They were very nice and said yes. They gave us a school token and gave us a hug. We began to walk one way and them in the opposite direction. As we walked we were so happy and turned back just to look at them and to our utmost astonishment they were gone.

Now picture this. We were in an open parking lot and we had not walked far at all before turning around. There was no way they could have gone anywhere that fast without us seeing where they were walking. I could see if we walked for a while before turning around but seriously it was not long before we turned around and they were nowhere to be seen.

Another weird thing is that they were in uniform like they went to a private school. School tokens were normally for public school students so that is another weird thing we did not think of at the time.

What do you think?

Other hauntings by StMikal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, StMikal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rubymay43 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
Awww you got a hug and a token from ghosts! That proves that not all ghosts are scary and evil! =3 ❤ ❤ ❤
PseudoHuman (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
Wow that is pretty neat. I have never made contact like directly anyways with a spirit. I agree that they could possibly be guardian angels. 😁
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-24)
Just a thought: They sound more like protective angels than ghosts to me really. Since they were solid and you hugged them and all. And of course they were bailing you out of a difficult situation before mysteriously disappearing. Perhaps something less than fortunate would have happened to you if you hadn't made it onto the bus that night!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2009-10-14)
it's cool that BOTH you and your friend saw them... Have you seen or heard from your friend since then?...maybe he's sensitive too... Thanks for another great story... 😊
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-14)
yeah I know its crazy. There are a lot of unexplained phenomena about this world and I really believe that we only understand a small portion. What happened to me and my friend was an experience I will never forget. Thanks for the comments
ghostmedia (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-14)
Wow! You've actually hugged a ghost! This is really cool, they were all together and had school bus tokens, which is a bit unusual, as if they were all ghosts that means they died at the same time! Beccca 😆
NadimahElizabeth (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-14)
Wow, I love it! You hugged them, how amazing! Someone was looking out for you that's for sure.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: