You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: This Old Man

Real Ghost Stories

This Old Man

 

What I'm about to tell you is true. I'm a 24 year old male living in a plain suburban town. About 10 years ago I encountered a man shoveling dirt off the ground. I didn't know why he did it for. It was in the middle of fall. I noticed a sign on the entrance of the property. It said, private property, no trespassers that kind of stuff. All around the property had a metal fence, so you have to be a real gymnast to jump over that, because it was huge. So, I thought the man owns the property. I just minded my own business and I walked straight home from school.

Next day, I encountered him again. He was digging up something again and he was in the same exact spot. I thought it was weird, but again I didn't think anything of it. He was just an odd old man. I noticed that I needed to tie my sneakers and once I stood right back up he was gone. How can he disappear like that? I thought in that very moment he just went inside, but that fast. I mean this guy looked very old, but then again I could not judge. He has the right amount of energy to dig up a hole, so I thought that he was an active man.

I talked to neighbors near the house. They all said something about a murder that happened about forty years ago. They also said that the house is abandoned. It gave me little chills and I was afraid to ask them about the old man, but they mentioned him. The man committed suicide, right after he killed his wife. He buried her they said. I walked to my house thinking about what I heard. If they told me that a murder occurred, then that must have been the old man's ghost I thought to myself. I saw the aftermath of what he did to his wife. I didn't see the way he died or how he killed his wife, but I heard the man hung himself and that's it

I had to prove to myself that is was a real ghost. The next day, as I suspected, he was there digging up a grave. I tried to yell at him, but he didn't get startled at all. I tried cursing at him and nothing. Suddenly, I told him, "you're going to hell for what you did". Then all of a sudden... He looked at me and said," I'm already in hell".

Other hauntings by bldfalcon

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bldfalcon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
I live my life now and I have no need to bother the spirit again. I'm much older now so now sprits rarely bother me anymore. I still get spooked once in a while, but I'm always off guard. They appear mostly when I'm asleep and I could see them in my mind.
Panda06 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
Sorry my first post, I posted on the wrong story. But your story is freaky. Do you still see the old man?
Panda06 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
Yea, in my culture they say, if you hold an item of the dead then that spirt is able to be where that item is. Some people say, one whom lived their life as a nice and friendly person but when death come, they end up being an evil spirt. But that's just a saying, so I think yea it would be best to return the glasses just incase.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
well, I didn't condemned him like acatually tell him to go to hell, but it seems to me is that he didn't want to go neither heaven or hell. But living as a spirit on earth for eternity, it is hell. Ofcourse if someone finds out that his soul is trapped in this plain, he's stuck on it.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
Sorry but you can't condemn someone to hell, only God himself can do that. And I agree that he may need help to be set free. Tell him to go into the light if you see him again. Tell him to look up for it! It sounds kind of fishy to me, all of it together anyway, but I'm not saying I don't believe you. I hope you find the answers and peace you are seeking. God bless you!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
Baldtalcom,
when you mentioned b.s.-- you took the words right out of my mouth.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
Sorry, I hav'nt comment back to you kaay, but I tried it and say the rope marks. Scary stuff!
kaay16 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
Oh my gosh, that's freeeeaaakkkkyyyy! Honestly, if he had said that to me, I would have gone over the deepend lol! The fact that he killed his wife AND buried her on the property is a good indication that it was infact him. The next time you see him (if you DO infact see him again) try to get a closer look at his neck, maybe try to find any indication of rope marks? Either way, tho, that's quite the experience!

Best regards!
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-25)
It's bs, because I can't go in it. I have other stories I want to share. The next story I have is a little bit uneasy for me.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
Um...if you don't mind me asking what is "B.S"? The fact the building is still standing? Or the fact you can't go in it?
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
thanx for the advice hobby! I guess I will never know, this is bs
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
If the town is allowing it to stand empty... Maybe it might be a historical landmark? I mean that is the only thing I can think of. It sounds like you're not very interested in researching the building (are you?) so I guess we'll never know.

Someone mentioned "you should go in the building" or something along those lines. Don't. You could be arrested for tress passing. Not to mention if the building is old, God knows what could fall on you. Which could cause injury.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-20)
To answer some of your quention:

No, we doesn't want my help. I mean he killed himself, so why does he need help. I find it strange, becuase he killed himself, that will automatically send himself to hell, but how did he escape. Until, this day I still wonder. Maybe a spirit chooses to stay on earth or enter hell or heaven.

This is the 2nd expeirence that has something to do about suicide.

Yeah, he noticed me creepy. Funny he noticed me in the 3rd day. I find that disturbing.

I never try to find out what happened to his wife. I never knew. Sorry!

The house it's been abandoned for years, so no one's it's aloud in. It is own by someone though.

The house is kept there maybe for rememberence. I forgot to mention this, but that house it's actaully an old funeral home. It's just abondoned. Maybe someone will build it back up and start to run a buisness or something.

My first ghost that I talked too and he was creepy. He spends the rest of eternity burying his wife;s grave for all eternity. Sad, but that's what he gets. That's why he says he's in hell.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-20)
thanx for all your help and support. I finally have reponses. I have a lot of more where that came from.
Angellicaly (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
Aaaaaaaa! 😨 Wow are you sure the true! That's to scary! 😨 I think you should GO IN THE HOUSE! Ooooooo 😲
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-17)
Spooky! I would try to dig where he was digging. Maybe there is something important there.
Did they ever find the remains of the wife?
L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-16)
OMG. That gave me chills when I read it! Have you found out anything like the others suggested?
melissa26 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-16)
Now that is really sadd! Ever try finding out why he killed his wife? Thats really sadd I'm soo shocked that he talk to you! Is it only you that see's him if so then there's a reason, maybe your ment to help him in some way... Or maybe you should just leave it alone but him talkin to you means that won't be the last...
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-15)
Very interesting story, especially when he actually talked to you (and what he said).
shrlyhughes86 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-15)
all I have got to say is that is creepy but a great story something about suicide terrifies me
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-15)
Pretty creepy story. It's weird that he finally noticed you, but seemed to be residual at first. Must have been awfully frightening.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-15)
Vulcan: The fence could have been put up to discourage trespassers. Perhaps the town/county has a rule in which fences have to put up around an abandoned estate (just think, an old home, possible falling debris on some 14yr old=LAWSUIT). Or maybe the owners/heirs/or Realtor working with the estate put it up.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-15)
I would have had to keep him in site and climbed the fence and attempted to touch him. Also what is the purpose of this fence? Surely not because of the murder. That was 40 years ago, that's old news. I also wonder if anyone else saw anything. If it had of been in my neighborhood and I was that age, I and my friends would have already dug up the spot where he was digging looking for bones ourselves, set traps for him, spent the night in there ourselves, and attempted pictures or recordings. We definetly would not have let that go. And no, it wouldn't have mattered if it was posted no trespassing or anything. That never stopped us before if we were curious. Not at 14. Especially if there was a ghost to be seen!
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-15)
hmmm

Interesting. Sounds familiar... But interesting. Have you considered asking other neighbors if they have seen him? Have you considered "hanging back" instead of going straight home?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: