You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Portals: Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Portals: Mirror

 

This event took place 4 years ago.

I was sleeping one night when I heard something coming from the hallway. It was dark, middle of winter, and I was half asleep, but I still knew what I was doing and what I saw that unforgettable night. I looked around and nothing was there, so since I was up I used the bathroom. I went back to sleep, but the mirror in the hallway started to glare for some reason. Then I saw an image of a woman! Just in case you're wondering, there was a little sun light outside, but it was still dark.

The image was plain white and she had blonde hair. I couldn't see her expression on her face. I don't know if she was mad, happy, or jealous. That's the part that scared me! An emotionless spirit that made noises! The noises that she made were hissing sounds. She was coming out of the mirror with ease. I always knew that a mirror can be a portal to a world that I can't say. (Closets are portals also)

She looked like she was floating and the air started to feel heavy. It was so heavy that I just fainted, but when I started to close my eyes she turned to the left of the hallway to go downstairs. I started to fall asleep heavenly.

Until this day, I still don't know if she was evil or not. I guess I will never know, because she doesn't haunt my grandmother's house anymore. Really, sad she was beautiful too and had no emotion at all! I guess she wanted me to fall asleep. But the mirror is gone! Thank god! So, no more spirits will bother me at night from that blasted mirror. I still don't know how she escaped from the world she was in. Isn't there a boundary that a spirit has to follow? Can anyone answer this?

Other hauntings by bldfalcon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bldfalcon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jblaster77 (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
maybe that's why I get this feeling at my dads house to stay away from the closet
blurry08 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
somewhat true... I've actually seen a ghost on a mirror and it really creep me out. 😨 however, that spirit was quiet annoying because she was standing next to me...
amk86 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Ther are no rules for ghosts! Lol. A portal isn't a physical object in a house, a portal could be ANYWHERE. However it is believed that mirrors somehow can hold energy which can attracts spirits (Ive also read that mirrors can repel bad spirits because evil does not want to see itself... So I have read) anyway... If the spirit didn't bother you and you've never seen it again... Id say it wasn't a bad spirit and was probably just passing through...
Jaden (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
[at] Awakening Dragon-

I've experienced one of them also, she's taught me a lot over a great period of time, she calls herself a "Celestial" and that there are millions like her (which is why I go by the same title). She has been a guide for me when I needed it most, and the best teacher I could hope for.
AwakeningDragon1 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
That wasn't a ghost, it was a dragon. The lore has changed on them through the eons, but that was definitely a dragon--a living woman learned in all the ancient knowledges. I've spent many years doing research on them and have met people who've come into contact with them personally. She wasn't evil, in fact they're about the closest thing to angels we have here on earth. If you weren't too hypnotized to remember, she smelled like the sweetest flowers you could imagine. Though they're capable of all kinds of amazing feats, they took vows long ago not to interact with society. She put you to sleep to minimize her interaction with you (they had to break away from the rest of society after certain evil factions got into the habit of killing everyone they cared about). If you'd like to know more about this priestess class, let me know, I have tons of info on them from all over the world. Did you know that the reason the far east considers the golden and red dragons to be the strongest and most powerful is because that was the color of hair of the women who taught them how to use their bodies'natural energy? You don't need to be afraid, you don't need help, you're very blessed for having one in your close proximity. You can tell when you're around something evil that means you harm, you can feel it. You were perfectly safe around her and felt accordingly. Do be careful if you're around a man doing that kind of stuff though, the evil ones who are trying to destroy all of life are men who stole what knowledge they could from the true dragons and became symbiotic with demons to try and obtain the same level of power. Not good people, bloodlust is mixed in everything they do and you can feel it like a punch to the stomach when they're around.
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
To broken, it is often believed that mirrors/doors are a portal/passage by which spirits can traverse from one realm to the other. Thus with some superstition a mirror is always placed opposite a door, thus its a through way, instead of anything getting 'stuck' this is my understanding. Not saying its the same for everyone.
To falcon, I agree traumatic events could bring spirits to the fore ground, not from the event itself but the emtions/energy we ourselves discharge during these times of emtional turmoil.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-03)
well, sprits show themselves when people have tramatic expeirences in their lives. That's basically everyone! My expeirences started to happen when my mother divorced my father. I was dealing with tough times. I was 3 years old! When I was 7 that's when my expeirences started. Until now, I still see spirits. Harm or help! It doesn't matter!
xbrokenx66 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-03)
Portals? I have a full size mirror in my closet and I sleep in there every morning so the sun won't hit me and I have yet to see any spirits.
Racemustang (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
Boundaries? I find it hard to believe that ghosts and Spirits have to react by the rules we lay out for them. We are able to banish them, to send them On, but to have them listen to rules might be a stretch.
Where do you get your ghostly information from? It sounds more like fantasy work, and not really facts. Then, there really are no proven facts on the Others.
Irishlasie (2 stories) (28 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
Kardagen, The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe, lol, only kidding! 😜 😜 😜
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
Hey bldfalcon, I've never heard of a closet as a passage way, mirrors yes, closet not that I know of. As for boundrys not that I know of, there not corpral so physical elements really wouldn't mean anything to them.
Rainman (guest)
-2
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
All good comments bellow, just hope the thought police leave you a lone this time, thank you for sharing Baldfalcon.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
bldfalcon: Maybe she moved on because whatever she wanted to achieve has been accomplished and there is no need to be there anymore, so she actually materialised out of the mirror am I correct?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
reneespring (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
I think you were half asleep and still dreaming. I believe what you experienced was hypnogogic. Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia
Also, the dictionary says:
Hypnagogic
Adj.

Inducing sleep; soporific.

Of or relating to the state of drowsiness preceding sleep.

Relating to the images or hallucinations sometimes perceived during this state.
Krystal-is-a-Gangster (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
for a while I was trying to talk to this dead person I never met but I really wanted to and I really wanted to meet them. I kept trying to like talk to them somehow like asking if they could just come talk to me in a dream. I dreamed I was in my room and then the person iwas trying to talk to so uch came out my closet and looked at me. He didn't look happy like I imagined him he looked pissed off like I wasted his time or he was expecting to see someone else.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: