You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is It Him?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It Him?

 

I've always felt a strange feeling in my mother's house, especially in her room and mine. Our rooms are right across the hall from each other and connected by a Jack and Jill bathroom. When I was little, the alarm clock in her room would go off at random times without warning. Also, the television in her room would always turn on and off when I was watching it. One night, the sink tap turned on by itself. That's about all the paranormal activity I've encountered until recently.

About a month ago, I had a really odd dream: my friends and I were sitting in my room, when the doors started opening by themselves. My friends thought I was doing it, even thought I kept telling them that I wasn't. When we went into the den, I noticed that Microsoft Word was open on my computer. Right when I noticed, something began typing. It said its name was Kevin, and that it died in a motorcycle crash and killing a mother and a child in the process. Then I caught a glimpse of him in the dream. He had blood around his mouth and nose, a white t-shirt, and jeans. He kind of looked like Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, with some moderate differences. He had dark brown hair that was sort of bushy and brushed backwards. I really could depict him well. He also wore a black jacket. I told this dream to my friend, and she said "He sounds like he's from the 50s", which is weird because my house was built in that time period.

Two nights ago, I was trying to fall asleep lying on my bed, when my right arm got cold. Bored, I said "Is there a ghost with me?" right after I said that I heard a knock on my wall. My mom was in the other room. I rolled with it "Are you good? One knock yes, two knocks no." Then I heard a knock. I tried asking some more questions, but got no responses. Do you think it could be Kevin? Or am I overreacting?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Claws, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
I must agree with Angeleathers, he/she/it is in no oblcation to tell the truth it just wants a way in and will get it if you let it, so don't, it's not from the 50's so don't let it ley to you
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-21)
That is strange for a library not to have old newspaper articles. Usually they keep them on microfilm. Do you have a town historian? Maybe he or she is in charge of all the past events. Sorry you didn't have any luck at the library. Thanks for the update. 😊
Claws (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-21)
I'm still looking for a place in Atlanta with old news paper articles but I can't find any. I've checked the libraries and there are none.
Claws (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
Thank you for the help. I'll go to the library and check it out. Thanks again! 😊
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
Claws,

I'm with Cosmogal926 on this one. Research seems to be the best course of action at this point, BUT...

Even if this entity seems to be "Kevin," it may not be. There's nothing in the "Evil Spirit Code of Conduct" that says these things have to be truthful. Sometimes entities get their jollies by toying with us in a pull-the-wings-off-a-fly kind of way. Once they've gained our trust by convincing us of their benign nature -- or worse, by preying on our desire to help -- they can turn on a dime and wreak havoc in our lives.

My advice: Please be careful. Do your research, but don't get too caught up in what "Kevin" (if he exists) tells you. It's best to "help" him by sending him into the light, where he can exist with other beings who DO understand what he's going through. And if he's not "Kevin," you're better off without him!

And whatever you do -- NO OUIJA BOARD! This site is full of "wish-I-hadn't-done-it" stories about that particular venue. And, as I mentioned above, the entities who frequent Ouija boards are under no obligation to tell the truth. (And what's the point of having a conversation with something that's going to lie to you?)

Just my two cents. Best regards,

A.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
The best way to find out would be to do some research. Go to your local library and ask for local news articles from the 1950's. Search for motorcycle crashes and see if anything comes up. Good luck and let us know if you find anything. Thanks for sharing your story.
Take Care 😊
Jazzalazz (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-24)
very interesting story, I think it could be but then again I might be wrong

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: