You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Guardian Angel? Nuisance? Too Much Cheese Before Bed?

Real Ghost Stories

Guardian Angel? Nuisance? Too Much Cheese Before Bed?

 

So there I am, lying on the sofa of my small annex flat. The calm is soothing after the chaotic month I've had, arranging the funeral of my stepfather. Being the most logical and "sensible" of the family, I automatically took control of the situation and moved in with my mother temporarily after his death, which undoubtedly delayed my own grieving process. So now I'm enjoying the peace and quiet of my own space once again, and I fall asleep.

I'm in a peaceful sleep, I can hear the TV in the background and I drift off deeper... Four hours later, I'm woken to a girl/young woman with a soft voice calling my name. It's not this, which immediately wakes me, rather me offering my reply to which the voice doesn't respond. I sit up, the TV turned itself off hours ago but the lights are still on. I look around and call out again but there's no answer. I think nothing of it and go to the bedroom and sleep right through undisturbed.

This happened almost every night for a week!

After a while the voice goes, coincidently around the same time as my mother can bear taking my stepfathers ashes from my place.

Weeks pass uneventfully and one night my (then) girlfriend stops over. It's well in to the night/very early morning and we've been in bed for hours. I find myself being woken up by that (now familiar) voice. I feel calmed and soothed by it, almost as if I actually know the voice but I can't picture the owner. I open my eyes but I'm unable to move. I'm lying on my side, staring in to the middle of the room and my (then) girlfriend is on the other side of the bed facing out. I notice a petite figure making their way in to the room. She has long brown hair but no face. She's wearing what appears to be the cliché long nightgown. I still can't move! I watch as she slowly walks across the room. I try closing my eyes but I feel like I'm wide-awake! I open them and she's right on top of me, by the side of the bed. She slowly crouches down and I still can't make out her face! The area where her face should be is now two feet away from mine, her head tilts to one side as if to look at me curiously. I don't feel alarmed, I'm completely congruent and at ease. Then, without warning, her head jerks forward, her hair parting revealing a demon-like face (like the librarian in Ghostbusters) and she growls in an instant right up close to my face. I close my eyes, take a deep breath, open them and she's gone. I'm filled with sheer inexplicable dread so I get up and walk through the flat for peace of mind. Nothing! I get back in to bed and (eventually) go back to sleep.

A year has passed, again uneventfully. I am now in a new flat, this time I'm living with my (now) girlfriend. Recently I've been woken up by the same calming, familiar voice. One night I remember looking out over the end of the bed, through the bedroom door and out in to the hallway. I see the back of a familiar female shape playing with/moving things around on the unit outside the door. I watch for a while before going back to sleep. Looking at the unit come the morning and nothing's altered, nothing's moved or changed!

Last night, I was woken up by someone physically touching me. It started with a soft touch to the nose, which woke me up. Then later it was my right leg, again I woke up. Then later still it was on my head. I remember previously being woken up by a pretty violent blow to the head a few times before - waking me with such a jump that I've almost fallen out of bed! Not a punch, more of a light, open-palmed tap but obviously add the "jump-factor" and the fact that it's the head, makes it seem worse than it is!

I know it wasn't my girlfriend, she was all the way over the other side of the bed and I was practically hanging off my side.

I've purposely tried to keep this a balanced story, to not give away my persuasion on the matter but I'm interested to see what you guys think of this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LondonCavalier, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
Awww yes cheese indeed, what kind? Really you have somthing that's got on/to you
She slowly crouches down and I still can't make out her face! The area where her face should be is now two feet away from mine, her head tilts to one side as if to look at me curiously. I don't feel alarmed, I'm completely congruent and at ease. Then, without warning, her head jerks forward, her hair parting revealing a demon-like face (like the librarian in Ghostbusters)
What it was doing at this time is what I call the stage play, it wants to mess with you, it wants to control you and it will. It will not get better only worse, and it will go after your girlfriend. Do whatever your religon says, whatever it takes...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
While a great spook story I tend to think you are experiencing sleep paralysis or vivid dreaming. This could be nothing more than a sleep disorder coupled with night terrors. You mentioned the first time it happened you were dealing with a family death and the second time was when you had a new girlfriend. My question would be was this also a stressful time for one reason or the other? Bad first break up? Trouble with an ex while being in a new relationship? I'm looking for the stress trigger for this kind of phenomenon and there usually is one. I don't buy the demon, succubus thing but I do believe mixed emotions and stress can do weird things to a mind while in the dream state.
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
When you said you couldn't make out her face, did you mean she had NO face at all, or it was just impossible to make out? Great story, I'm scared to go to bed now ><
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
LondonCavelier--Three salient features are (1) This demonic enchantress first visited after your stepfather's death, (2) It has followed you from one place to another, and (3) Neither bedpartner was affected.
If you don't begin to take some action, it will work to wear you down until you're so worn out you'll submit. Even if you follow no Divine creed, DO something. Do SOMEthing. Wear a crucifix or hang a rosary on the bedpost. Read up. Counsel with someone who knows about these things. As asmused or curious as you may be, if all you say is actual, it is not a game.
mcnutts (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
Could be an ex who put a hex. For some reason it likes what you do and wants the same in return. After all you said it resembled a female and it touchess you... Does the occurrencess happen between lovers or not? Were you single for about a year and then BAM! Have you ever taunted anything not from this earth with a BOARD?
Well whatever tha case may be... BE CAREFUL and hope it leaves you alone... Or (go strait)
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
LondonCavalier: You are so right! This is a Pure Pest! She is in no way a Guardian Angel. She needs to be sent back to where she came from. I know for a fact she would anger me, slapping me upside the head and keeping me wake and stuff. Put your foot down with this one, tell her, you don't know where she's going and you really don't care, but you know for a fact she's getting up out of there. You pray her out of there in the mighty name of Jesus! Be forceful and by all means show no fear with her. Don't curse at her and act like you're ready to have a street fight with her, but be forceful. She's already showed you her ugly side. She's a demon and if you continue to allow her to hang around she may start trying to do something to you sexually, if she hasn't already tried. I feel deep in my heart, you already know what type of entity you're dealing with, but you don't want to say, you want to hear it from someone else. She is not only an Evil one, but she's silly and childish too! Be very careful with this one, get some help and make sure you pray and ask the Lord to surround you and who ever assists you, with the White Light of the Holy Spirit! Prepare yourself spiritually for this battle and I will be down here in prayer right along with you. We are going to pray this silly demon out of your house and back where she came from. She's a liar if she thinks she's going to stay up in there.

God bless you.
esther91 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
Maybe a sucubus? Just a guess. Thanks for sharing the story.
❤ Esther
eekamouse (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
Hmmmm what kind of cheese? Bree? Gouda? Swiss... Oh wait maybe its Munster? J/k 😉
heyheydeven (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
😐 alright man freaky story! But man you crazy not being scared! You say your soothed by it dang
kissofdeath13 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
thats defently not a guardian angel. Its more like a demon. If I were you I would get help awsome story
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
NO! This is not a Guardian Angel!
Do not be tricked, Angels of God do not try to harm or give feelings of dread to the ones they protect.
Angels may look frightening but most of time they choose to look beautiful. They must always have a halo and wings.
That being you saw is a type of witch, that decided to scare you so she could feed from your fear. It's more of a demon witch. Not the wiccan or spell casting witches.
Better yet I can say they are hags.
There are many story of them torment their victims in sleep, with their long hairs and grotesque faces. They always wear some type of gown and creepy slowly to their victim.
Keep praying and God Bless

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: