You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Dark Spirit Always Near

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Spirit Always Near

 

My first encounter was when a child living in Jacksonville, NC and felt a strong presence each time I entered the house. There was one room particularly strong where the spirit would pull you out of the bed or shake you violently at night and the spirit was often visible in the hallway at night. Doors would slam shut and there would be tapping of glass windows. The spirit remained after several attempts by pastors to remove it. To the best of my knowledge the property was not of any historic importance. (My parents are of the Christian-Baptist faith).

After high school I moved across the state and presumed that the spirit would remain behind, but this is not the case. I have since moved 2 more times and each time the spirit is still with me. I have seen it take on different forms, but most commonly is a transparent dark cloud like entity. I always feel as though I am being watched by this spirit. I can hear the spirit going up and down stairways at random times and the cats behave oddly when the spirit is strong.

As of late, I have felt the spirits presence in places other than the home as well. I fear the spirit will become violent or cause ill will.

If anyone can help, I would be very grateful.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, apierce18, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

gothic_king13 (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
if you are in NC now my associate and I can help you rid this problem before it gets to serious just email me at gothic_king13 at yahoo.com and we can help you rid your self of this infliction
apierce18 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-14)
Thanks to all who have reeplied. I have made a few attempts at meditation and discovered a few entities that I didn't realize were present, but the main entity seems to anger easily and caused a bit of a mess in the living room knocking tables over and such. I simply meditated and attempted to communicate, however, it doesn't seem interested in communication. I can no longer sleep upstairs as I feel that is where its presence is strongest (my two cats have also stopped going upstairs. Not sure if they are picking up on something or what.) Pretty much I just sleep as little as possible. My parents moved from the original house in Jacskonville, but I heard the people who moved in after my parents left moved out quickly. I may go speak with a Catholic priest.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
I would have to ask if since you moved, has the activity stopped at your parents house? The reason I ask is it's theory that many teens cause poltergeist - like activity when in reality it's their own highly charged energy doing the deeds unbeknownst to them consciously. When there are life changes, such as moving out for the first time and being totally responsible for yourself it does cause stress. Stress does weird things to the psyche. All this said, I guess it's possible something has attached itself to you. From what I have read, seems like simply telling whatever it is to be on it's way seems to work. Tell it to go to the Light or somewhere else but it's not welcomed to be with you. Stand your ground, be firm but respectful and tell it to leave. Let us know if any of this information helped.
KimCan (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Personally I would not try to communicate with this thing through meditation, nor would I honor it with offerings. It has acted in a malicious and violent way and I would no more try to reason with it than I would with a wild animal.

I'm not Catholic but I think Wardo makes a really good point - Catholic priests tend to be more open to and familiar with this kind of phenomenon than many of our protestant clergy. I also really recommend praying and spending time in the word of God. Good luck!
gvf7225 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Wow, your experiencing the same thing I'm going through I have been stuck with this Demonic presence since I was 7 years old a total of 29 years. Now it seem to be focusing on my eldest son. I know exactly how you feel it gets frustrating and horrifying at the same time. I will keep you in prayer. God Bless ❤
xXRA1N80WXx (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Hey I'd really like to talk to you more because I've experienced almost the exact same things and it's only getting stronger. What's weird is that I also grew up in North Carolina and my parents were baptists. I really feel like there's something that we could do to help each other. This thing won't leave me alone and it's not just one it's multiple things. But I've had something that's followed me my entire life and now things are getting bad it's going after people I care about so just let me know if you're interested in talking about this more.
mcnutts (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
I've read your story and would like to say that maybe your sensitive to see what one does not see and hear and feel what others can't.
Maybe all the different spirits that you see are not one in the same but other entities that are trying to reach from far beyond and they have discovered that you can see and hear them.
Maybe that same day that you felt that presense in that room is what triggered the events that followed and does your friend (if still around) has felt the same thing as you have or just yourself that has experienced this phenomenol?
Try this and see what happens.
" MEDITATION "
Get yourself quiet and alone for several hours and relax and breathe softly and really meditate or take a few deep breathes or do watever you have to do to get yourself started in meditation state and listen to whatever it has to say. Remember to clear all your thoughts while meditating for the key is to think of nothing and you WILL hear something.
Don't be alarmed.
"When one speaks, one has only to listen"
God luck and take care
If you really want to find out... MEDITATION is the only way (make sure that GOD is on your thoughts and bless yourself before you do this so that one does not get possessed during this meditation period.

Or maybe you do things that are evil and the spirits want your soul so bad that they can taste it.
Whatever it may be just take care of it before it takes care of you.
GOD bless and good will.
WandersintheDark (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
People label everything demonic.

I would suggest, if you're open to such ideas, to prehaps burn a bit of insense and offer the being a bit of wine in a metal or wooden bowl. Speak calmly and respectfully, and ask it what its intentions with you are.

It could be simply curious, or even bored. Don't make a promise without hearing what it wants, and do your best to be unafraid. Respect and courticy will get you a long way, even with those of darker bent.

If it refuses to speak/you can't understand it, you Could try another priest. Or you could see if there are any local wiccans ect that know a bit about banishings ect.

At the Least, if it gets bothersome, you can spread some black salt around. (Specificly sea salt mixed with Either black pepper or ashes.)
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
I don't mean to alarm you unnecessarily, but this is the way that a demonic entity would behave. Some things you may try to get rid of it are cleansing the house, physically and spiritually. You need to remove all gunk from the house and clean it top to bottom so that it is spotless. Then you need to enlist the help of a Catholic priest. I do not mean to offend your faith, but Catholic priests are often more knowledgeable in helping with this kind of presence. On the other hand, it may not be evil at all, but if you want it out, you might want to research some other alternatives. I would strongly recommend you have a cleansing and blessing ceremony at your home with the help of a priest once more.
kissofdeath13 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
you probaly have an atachment where the spirit follows you everywhere hope it helps 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: