You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Funny Kind Of Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

A Funny Kind Of Spirit

 

I live in Hatboro, a suburb of Philadelphia. I would like to start by saying that I have always had a connection to the spirit world. I remember as a young child I would always be in tune with strange happenings in my house that my parents would disregard as a vivid imagination. They were scary as a young child but I have grown to understand them as a 43 year old adult.

Lately at my house there has been a lot of "weird" things happening. The first thing was when I went to bed the other night last week. My wife had gone to bed about an hour before me. I stayed up to watch the local news on television. After the news I went to our bedroom. Upon opening the door to my bedroom I noticed an entity standing next to my bed looking at my sleeping wife. When I made "contact" the entity appeared to fly out of my bedroom window.

Just this past Sunday I was watching the football game with my two sons when out of nowhere my GPS unit turned itself on and starting telling me directions to my house. Both of my boys thought it was funny. It is impossible for the GPS to turn itself on. It was on top of a cabinet and in order to turn it on you need to press the power button for four seconds. I have not used to unit for two weeks so I could not have left it on because the battery life is four hours.

On another occasion I was home alone cleaning my house for a huge birthday party for my son. The television turned itself on. I turned it off and went to get something in another room. When I returned the television was on again. This happened about four times. The strangest thing is that it started to change the channel on the cable box after a while. I eventually had to unplug it.

I don't believe anyone had passed in my house but who knows.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vpoolman313, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

REO123 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
whoever that was it looks as if it's attracted to new technology. I mean the GPS, TV etc... What did that looked like when it flew out of the window? I mean was it like a bird,inset,or something like that? Or was it different?
SkAlArIaK (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-14)
My GPS did that too last night and reminded me of this post, I have researched into the matter and apparently it's a known issue with TomTom units, so you know =^.^=
vpoolman313 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
Thanks for the comments. To answer a couple of questions, the entity was like a ghostly whitish figure. I do live in an older community with some historic buildings. I know the two out of the three people that lived in my house prior to me are dead. I just found out they died of cancer. First the father, than the daughter died less than six months later. Pretty sad stuff. The first thing I did when the television started acting up was go outside to see if someone was playing a trick on me. It was during the day so I could see clearly that there was no one outside of my house. Last night when I was in my kitchen my son was playing on the floor with some toys. I was sitting at the table with my wife. When my son turned away from the toys one of them slid across the floor. My wife kind of saw it but didn't believe what she saw. I have had things like this going on my whole life and I am used to it now. This ghost is kind of funny though.
andikins (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
Do you have any mischievious neighbours?
For with the tv, if one has a remote of the same brand, they can control the tv from outside a window. (I've done this it's brilliant)
GPS system has me stumped though ^^
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
vpoolman313: Thank you for your story. You said. "I don't believe anyone had passed in my house but who knows." It doesn't matter if they did or didn't. A house can be built from the ground up and you be the very first to move into it and it be the most haunted house in the whole city! Do you understand how old this Country is and the land that everything is built on? There are many, many hauntings that occur on a daily basis that have absolutely nothing to do with the house or building that it's occuring in, but everything to do with the land that the building or house is built on. A person can die in another country and haunt a location in a totally different country if this was a place they loved and were attached too. Hauntings are strange, but what makes it so frightening is that all of these things that we for years have been told are not true, don't exist and can't happen, are very true, do exist and do happen daily. Truth can be stranger than Fiction!
Hopefully you will find the answers to what it is. Do some research on the history of the house and your property.

God bless you with your search.
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
The ghost in my home also plays tricks on me.
Just an hour ago or less, I was thinking how lucky I was that there were no unexplainable events happening (aka paranormal stuff:p) and I was holding a plate of pizza. As I walked into my bedroom and was about to sit at my computer, the plate literally exploded in my hand. Needless to say I dashed out of there and I'm on a different computer now:p
sheba_buckley (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
That's kind of funny! A ghost playing pranks! I think it's cute, but I'd probably be scared half to death if it happened in my house...
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
interesting stuff. I'm not far from you, in Bristol Pa. Funny that the entity flew right for the window. What did he/she look like? Very curious.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: