You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Hooded Figure Following Me Through My Life

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Hooded Figure Following Me Through My Life

 

I was about 6 years old when this all started. My uncle passed away and I was devastated. He was like a father to me so I indeed was very hurt. As I slept in my living room with the other cousins (6 of us) on the floor I heard this noise like someone dragging their feet. I looked down the hallway to see who was up and saw my uncle looking right at me. He smiled and waved and said I love you and disappeared. That was my first experience with seeing my loved ones once they have passed away. Now that was a nice experience that I had. However they were not always so nice...

I was staying at my aunts Apartment in Brooklyn and my Cousin and I were having a sleep over. We both stayed up watching movies and playing games most of the night. Then about 2 or 3am we decided to pass out. So we go to the back room on the king size bed to pass out. As we both lay there falling asleep I heard this very loud bang. We both jumped and were like did you hear that? We were so scared... We of course hid under the blankets. Then we started to hear footsteps. No it didn't seem like they were headed anywhere just really loud footsteps. Well the noises finally stop and we are so scared we run into my Aunts room to sleep with her. I wake up between 6 - 630am to (not quite sure what time it really was but it was still dark out) to use the restroom. I'm still unsure ongoing cause of the current events that had happened earlier in the morning. I got the courage to go and there in the doorway of the restroom was a dark shadowy figure that looked like it was hooded just standing there. I froze like a Popsicle no emotion couldn't scream nothing. Since then this entity spirit whatever you want to call it has followed me everywhere. It created night terrors where I wake up at times screaming. If not I just wake up and sit up in my bed. I used to go to my mom's room and just stand by her bed. She would put me in bed with her or take me back to my bed.

Now the night terrors subsided for a while then I had my father pass and my best friend of 6-7yrs pass away. With all this death the night terrors have returned and caused me to start seeing the hooded figure and other spirits again. It's really weird because now it feels negative and scary, breathing and growling and footsteps that wake me up at night with the terrors.

Sincerely,

Julia

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Julesco2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Julesco2 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-10)
Laketahoeghosts...well that's either true or not. However not very nice to call someone a bad omen... So do you have a story posted? Would love to read it.
LakeTahoeGhosts (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
Well Julesco2, I'm thinking that you are a spiritual beacon, I have seen it before, where you may ask, myself, or maybe you are a bad luck omen. 😕
Julesco2 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
whitebuffalo - Yeah I'll try it out... Always open to anything that may help ty again. ❤
Julesco2 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
Eyeswideopen - Thank you for the advise. However I am very religious and have done the bible thing with my grief its a bit different... My best friend passed due to her internal organs shutting down when she over dosed on Tylenol. That is all I know. Her family will not give me any other info then that. Which drives me nuts. I have all these unanswered questions and also am questioning myself and if I could have done more: (I don't have answers. None the less this has been a on going thing prior to that death just seems to be more now. I have had 3 back to back deaths and I'm afraid I may lose it. 😢
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
Julia, I've suffered because of a loss in my life many years ago. There is process that one goes through when responding to grief. (Sometimes people get stuck in the process and suffer more than they should.) I would suggest you take a little time to talk with a therapist/counselor. I would also suggest you look into a Bible for "prayers" that are recorded there..., for your benefit. I reassure you, you need to work through the grief, and take some comfort in prayers you find suitable, and may God bless you. I feel for you. 😭
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
Julesco2, you are welcome.
I agree, most everyone here DOES try to help. We all come from different backgrounds and from different amounts of knowledge. I learn something just about each time I log on.
I live in a rather small town, and those books are on the shelves of the main library. I like "free" 😊.
I have used Lynn Tucker's method, in my own home, and I can vouch (though you do not know me personally, and may not trust my judgement) for the fact that it IS proven to work. If this were me, I would start out with THAT before moving onto the books. At least you will be able to feel empowered in your own home.
AND... All you need is a broom and a voice.
Thank you.
Julesco2 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
BDfalcon - thanks for your help. Didn't know that when your in grief that is something they want. Hm mm interesting...

Whitebuffalo - This is one of the better advise I have gotten on here thank you so much. I will get those books and see what I can get out of them. I am very open to suggestions just not like those assumptions on some posts. However they are all just trying to be helpful in their own way. We all handle these things differently.
I did not know that they can still be trying to communicate but to my naked ear it sounds like a growl. That information threw me back. I'm very relieved by some of your advise and information. Thank you so much. ❤ 😆
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
I am not going to read through these comments as I saw two of them that I totally disagree with and do not want to start an Internet war about.

First off, not all beings that are visualized as "shadow people" are legitimate Shadow people. Sometimes they are just an entity that does not have enough energy to fully manifest itself. Sometimes they are viewed as white beings (either full white with human form, or just a fog, or mist) and at other times they come across as grey.
Their color means NOTHING as to the "manner" of ghost it is. Meaning, White does not necessarily mean "good" and neither does grey/black mean unquestionably "evil". It is just a lack of enough power to show itself. Nothing more, nothing less. Humans just tend to associate colors with personality.
I have no clue what the others here might have suggested to you (forgive me, I just can not bring myself to read through them right now), but...
I do not know what kinds of methods you have used to rid yourself of this being, but I think I would use caution when dealing with it. Mainly as in the beginning there was not much audio, and now here you are years later and you've got a snarling, growling shape.
I am not going to assume it is evil. I can not. You have not written one word that would cause me to believe that it was anything that meant you harm. The growling COULD be (not saying it is, just a thought) in that you are not taking it "seriously" (Like a perception thing, BY it). Maybe it is trying to communicate, and in the absence of that, it is working it's voice in the only way it can come through the realm.
Just as a VISUAL needs enough power, so does an audio need plenty of energy. If it is lacking, it does not come across clear. What MAY be a name (again, I am not saying this is what it is saying, just a thought) can come across as a... Could come out like a snap, or even a growl, depending on the syllables used.
Lori Summers has a marvelous book called "The Ghost Hunters Handbook" that outlines ways in which to get rid of a ghost that you do not want. She makes it easy to understand. I do not know about you, but I need that if I am searching for something specific. Also there is Crowell Ramsey's book "Break that Curse! Get Rid of the Evil Spirits, Demons, and Ghosts".
I know, I know, but there is some really informative words in there. Even thought I do not feel this thing to BE evil, it does not hurt to be prepared.
Other than that, you could try a smudging (be warned that sometimes it takes more than one try, though), or ask it to leave calmly but forcefully (do NOT "ask" it a question that must be answered), or burn lavender incense to invite positive energies in the home. Sometimes that forces entities out.
Lynn Tucker (of Pararesearchers,) has this article on line, that is a PROVEN method that works:http://www.pararesearchers.org/Ghosts/sweepingghosts/sweepingghosts.html
Thank you.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
Im assuming to narrow everything down, but it makes sense if you have greif than you have something a demon or spirit wants. Common fact!
Julesco2 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
bldfalcon,
I don't want to be defensive about this but you don't really know me to make that comment. However I have had an abundant amount of death and family issues within my life time. So could be the sadness in my life I don't have the answers as to why.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
You have negative energy is your soul, that's why the cloud keeps following you. You have either inner demons or it's just attracted by you some how.
Julesco2 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-22)
Savanna, I have been to my priest. I'm not sure what gave you the impression that I was not. However I appreciate the advice. Can I ask since you seem as you are aware what's around me... What is this cloud and why is it following me?
SavanaAngelina (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
acutally take my advice! Go and see A priest you can only go to them!. If you don't believe in them. What else are you suppose to do!
SavanaAngelina (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
Do you know, that shadow will follow you EVERYWHERE!. You have a black cloud over you and that is a very very bad sign. Please don't worry about my comment, but you may need to see a priest. It won't matter where you qo! It's going to stay with you.
Julesco2 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
OMG! Thank you so much every one for all your positive feed back. I have not tried to communicate since my first attempt was unsuccessful. What I am doing is just saying prayers helps for now...
bankesio_17 (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
know what they seem to be nice at first but be aware that everything has its consequence.
I had few experiences with seances but they unexpected events like haunt me in my sleep and strangle me in my sleep almost all of them are angry spirits... 😢 😳
Lealight (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
When you start taking the dark energy and changing it to light you will also have more power to become lucid in your dreams. This is what I was able to do.
Lealight (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
I experience a few chanting over me once before I woke up, but I scared them away by trying to suck in their dark energy and change it to light. Many people have seen these dark hooded beings and is not uncommom.
I will tell you this they are not positive hence the darkness. They get power from fear so the more fear the more power hence more darkness. So do not be afraid instead try to focus on their energy and try to grab them and turn them to light. They will run away in fear of you because you actually have more power over them. They want us to think they are more powerful and teach us something or BS like that when in fact there is another agenda. They want to control our perceptions so that they can get power from that. They also like to try to control our dreams, for instance when I was a child I would have this dream about a monster chasing me, but when I decided to chase it, it then ran away. This is exactly what they are afraid of us, when we are not afraid. They will also pose as entities after death which many in Gnostic text have called them Archons also referred as Dark Masters and Spirit guides. They are tricksters and will try to make you believe that you have no power to create anything on your own after death, when this may not be true. I believe we can leave this world and create our own without any other entity over us. So if you can make it past the false God that may try to trick you into coming back to this world you may make it through.
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Growling, breathing... I would say the opposite of what some of the people on here have said, and NOT communicate with it. You will only invite it into your life more fully. Even if it seems like there's no response right now, if you invite it to have conversation with you, you are allowing it into your life more fully. The bottom line is that the spirit realm is a great unknown. If this entity gives you a bad feeling, trust your instincts. Tell it to leave you alone! And then focus on positive thoughts that lift your spirits and make you feel light, happy, and empowered. Turn around any negative feelings you may be having. The fact that this escalates in intensity surrounding deaths in your life could possibly mean that this is some sort of demon or ghost that is showing up at your weakest moments when you are feeling sad and heavy feelings in order to feed off your grief and fear, and perpetuate it so that he can gain control over you. DO NOT allow him the upper hand here. If he is scaring you, he is not friendly and he is not in need of your help. If that were the case, he could have moved on long ago to someone who would have helped him without being afraid. Like I said, this is all the unknown. Who knows, maybe this strange hooded figure does need some sort of help. But let him know that he will have to seek it elsewhere! If he is scaring you, he has no right to be in your presence and you have to try to create a mindset within yourself that will help you not to be scared of him anymore so that you cut him off from his feeding frenzy of fear or negative emotions. You could try closing your eyes each evening and envisioning yourself pulling positive energy into you and creating a big ball of light around your heart that then spreads way out to create a kind of shield or force field around your house so that nothing negative can get in or stay in. Intention is very important here. Sounds weird I know, but it has worked for me in the past.

Just some thoughts for you. I hope it helps. Good luck, and stay strong Julia. ❤
~Trudy~
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-14)
Their choices is my religion is bad in the first place. Seeing building get blown to bits, because God told them too. Please, it's corruptible these days, just like politics and the judicial system.
Julesco2 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-12)
So guys I finally tried talking to it and no response... Seems as though it was staring into me... Was very weird I asked if it needed help or anything and no response. It was empowering.

Bldfalcon: Well I'm religious and I don't believe this has anything to do with that. I have always been raised a Catholic. Yes I agree that some take it a lot more serious then others but that is their choice. ❤
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
It's not the games! I have all bunch violent games knows to man and I don't get in hurt by sprits. I blame it on the religion bs. I love God and I know Satan, but people can be too fanatic that is hard to take them seriously. But to the topic, might be all of the losses of your family member's. That can be hard, but death does happen to all of us. The black hooded figure, my guess it's death or a demon. I'm sorry those are two entities I can think of that are black hooded.
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
hey thanks for the appreciation; try not to fear it; it's an instinctive reaction to it's feeling of "otherness" which makes one afraid; not the actual creature itself...don't force anything, just let it know you're not afraid and are open to communication
Julesco2 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
Opaleone - I have not just afraid of honestly. But I am going to try and see if those things will work.
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
Lupernikes has the right of it.
So... Have you ever told it it's scaring you and you WILL it to leave you alone? It's your life, you're an adult now, take control of the situation.
Julesco2 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
Well youngdz79 the games we played were like board games like Clue and monopoly. We weren't allowed many other games as we were very young.

Lupernikes - I have never tried communicating as I am scared to death of it.
But your feedback makes sense my boyfriend said same thing I should try to communicate with it to see if it needs something. Maybe I'll try that. Thanks

Cutechoy - your probably right! Kind of scared to though. 😕
cutechoy (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
what a scary experience! You might had disturb him...

He might need your help but you wouldn't accept...

Just comment... 😨 😨 😨
By: choy-choy (mynickname)
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
you can call it? I have NEVER heard of that before...I'G, I think you make and excellent point here; shall we start a thread on here about that? Or try to round up people away from the skeptic who might try to derail the project? E encountered them before (I just call them Shadows) but never been able to make one come to me!

Have you ever felt it trying to communicate with you? Despite what the more religious on here might tell you, these entities are not demons, they are not human, granted, but not intrinsically evil; more alien. No-one knows WHAT they are or what they want but they are not truly harmful; just their aura of otherness causes us to panic and conjures up bad feelings...
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
What type of games did you play that night do you remember? I ask because you may inadvertently allowed something evil in nature to attach itself to you. You should seek the help of a, Whatever your religious leader is.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: