You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Evil Apartment On First Street

Real Ghost Stories

Evil Apartment On First Street

 

It was about 4 years ago when my husband and I went apartment searching. We came across a 3 bedroom on First Street in Jackson, that just felt wrong, but due to our circumstances we didn't have a choice but to rent it. The price was right and it gave us the opportunity to get a dog like we'd been wanting.

At first it was just a creepy apartment in a bad neighbourhood, there was the closet in our bedroom that was always ice cold, and the door that would not stay closed. You would shut it and pull as hard as you could, it wouldn't open, but if you left the room and came back in it would be standing wide open! It only took a couple of weeks for me to convince my husband to move the dresser in front of that closet.

The kitchen was the other place that I didn't like. It always felt like someone was staring at you from the attic door. In the two years we lived there, neither of us could bring ourselves to actually go into that attic.

Shortly after my mother in law died is when things started getting really bad. My husband, his dad and girlfriend were all sleeping one morning. I was in the living room watching TV. The cat and dog were snoozing on the loveseat when out of nowhere I heard a rattling. Over the couch we had an octopus lamp with four arms and crystal chandeliers. I looked up trying to find the source of the noise and the two arms of the lamp over me were shaking while the other two stayed completely still. Impossible seeing as they were all connected together at the base. It was than that half the couch I was sitting on started shaking. I was starting to get nervous, but wasn't too freaked out until half the Christmas tree started shaking! I could see the ornaments moving on one half while the others were completely undisturbed! I simply looked at the tree and told it to STOP! It did thank goodness.

As the months went by my husband and I started arguing more than normal, his drinking was getting bad and he spent most of his time in the bathtub. Soon he started talking to someone that wasn't there. A little girl he said was named Stacy. He would tell me how she didn't like me. She didn't want me there. It was really starting to freak me out. It was during these times that both animals would constantly pace the house, or sit in the living room and stare at the kitchen.

When the people downstairs moved out we went down to look at the apartment, thinking we might move down there where we'd have more room. In the basement we found a lone standing wall where someone had spray painted a pentacle (The twin points of the star were down)

Thankfully that house is now condemned.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Since we moved out things have gotten a lot better. I've talked to friends and they all said they felt uneasy in that house when they came to visit, where they don't in any other place we've lived.

What was in there that would affect us like that?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blackrose36s, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-21)
have you looked into the history of the place? Something bad must've happened there and wonder why Stacy didn't like you? Find that weird and spooky.
Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
Did anyone live there before? Maybe they can say something about this things... Real creepy 😨
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-21)
I reread the the closet door again and realized you may have ment to pull to reopen and it wouldn't open then you leave the room then go back to find the door opened by itself even though you couldn't open it yourself before.
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-21)
I just reread about the closet door opening. If you had to PULL the door closed that means it opens inward (though I've never seen a closet door that opens inward I don't think) If the closet door opens inward how can moving a dresser in front stop the door from opening if it opens the other way. Are you sure you didn't mean PUSH the door as hard as you can? Even if it's a sliding door how can the dresser stop it from opening?
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-14)
I haven't had any paranormal experiences myself but had dreams that freaked me out. But when you mentioned the christmas tree shaking it reminded me of a dream my mother had when I was a kid. In the dream my mother was living at the house she lived in as a kid. The christmas tree started acting weird in the dream. When My mother told us her dream it freaked me out. I had to sleep with my parrents for a while. At a store where there was an artificial christmas tree I would stare at it to make sure it wouldn't move! Can you imagine at that time if I saw a christmas tree shake for real! I've had my own nightmairs my self like looking at my reflection and only having one eye in the middle but I could still sleep in my room. This dream that I didn't even have and I have to sleep with my parrents! Lol I guess not having the dream myself it left more to the emagination. I have had a few christmas tree dreams afterwards though.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
Seems like there had been some extreme occult practices there.
There is a demon in that place. They cause people close to each other to fight because of the negative energy that they like.
Also it appears to your husband as a little girl so he could feel comfortable with it and trust it more. It was trying to possess your husband, if he became weak minded enough.
Thankfully you left, and good thing it did not follow.
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
Jackson is on the cusp of the area in the state where Spiritualist came to set up shop in Michigan in the battle creek Jackson and Grand rapids areas in the late 1800s to Early 1900s so who knows what was going on in that house as it may have been a evil group that was taking advantage of gullible people or if it was really a satanic group.
Khanigrl9 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
happened when I was 9-10 years old, at school, everyone noticed it!
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
It sounds like there may have been a Satanic cult involved with the weird stuff that was going on there. With a pentacle in the basement, it's very possible. If that's the case, then there may be a demon infestation in that building. Good thing you moved out of there! That's nothing to mess with & you're very lucky it didn't follow you to your new place as well! 😨
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
Interesting.

I wonder what kind of history the building/land had. Was it a complex? Converted home or "free standing" building.

I too once lived in a apartment that "just didn't feel right". I always felt like someone was watching me... Thankfully I moved.

Anyway: I'm sorry about your husband's drinking. Hopefully that has subsided. I've heard where spirits can "turn" loved ones againist each other. It sounds like there was some negative energy there. If you were in a "rougher" neighborhood I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of negative energy/history. Did you ever talk to neighbors about what you experienced?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: