You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Hotel Stay Off Toulouse In New Orleans

Real Ghost Stories

Our Hotel Stay Off Toulouse In New Orleans

 

This will be a rather interesting story, or at least I hope it will be, because it happened to me and another friend without us knowing it and were told about it by another friend who saw the whole thing as it happened.

We had stayed several days at this hotel with no incident. About an hour before we were going to go out at about 10pm we were listening to music and getting ready and in between our beds (there were two, one for Angela and Terry and the other for me) there was a nightstand with two drawers (one on top of the other) on which were a phone and a lamp. You know the usual hotel layout. I was seated on the edge of my bed when the top drawer flew open all by itself. I exclaimed my surprise (along the lines of "WTF!") and let the girls know what happened. They said I must have accidentally kicked it open with the sole of my shoe. I knew better. I hadn't moved and was SITTING on the edge so my feet were on the floor. It was the drawer with the ever present bible in it. I thought it a little odd but I soon forgot about it, as we would soon be on Bourbon Street.

After a couple of hours my friend Angela said she was tired and was off to the room. Terry and I hung out for about a half an hour more than went back to the room around 2:30am. I went to sleep as soon as we got back. So, from here on is what Terry told us the next morning.

Terry stayed up a little while longer seeing what was on TV. Finally she got sleepy about a half an hour after I had gone to bed. She turned off the television and left the room in darkness. We had the heater on because that weekend was cold, and I mean COLD, including our room. It had been overcast and rainy most of our trip. The heater was on and despite this she was laying there and felt a cold breeze on her left cheek which startled her awake, since she was drifting off to sleep. So she laid there and felt it again like a breath but cold. She said it was ice cold. She started to get this eerie feeling, got spooked out and turned on the lamp between the beds. She did this with none of us waking up. She said about 10 minutes after that Angela who was on her left side started to kind of writhe in bed, and that her hands were moving in this scary finger tapping, flexing movement and appeared to look like they were clawing at something. This was also accompanied by laboured breathing and almost choking! Terry was freaked out and tried to wake her up, she didn't wake her but stopped the behaviour. No sooner had she stopped writhing, clawing, and gasping for air than to Terry's right I STARTED!

I was according to her almost struggling, my hands doing the same clawing motions and same laboured choking breathing. Terry saw me do this for several minutes (I know, nice friend huh, and then I suddenly stopped and seemed to sleep peacefully. No sooner had I stopped than Angela started with the same odd behaviour AGAIN! She said we went off and on like that all night, taking turns basically. She was so scared she didn't sleep and had to turn on the T.V. In fact we did find in the morning when I woke up that the T.V. Was on as well as all the lights. We had a lot of trouble getting her up and going; mind you it was check out day.

She said that she wanted to tell us something but she was going to wait until we were away and out of the room. What I'm telling you is what then she told us, at the airport.

Anyway we all think that was pretty odd, what do you think?

Oh and I know what you're thinking. Bourbon Street?! I promise you since it was the last night and we had check out the next morning we purposely did NOT get loaded. So alcohol was not a factor in all this.

Other hauntings by Erte4879

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Erte4879, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

netnomad (1 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-06-06)
Hi all I just strayed in room 502 on the 800 block of Toulouse not to long ago. One of the nights I was woken up at 04:00ish and it felt like I was being held down and I was fully a wake. I could move my head and legs but could not get up. This continued for almost 30 seconds until got got mad and said aloud fk off you mfer and then I was able to get up! Sleep paralysis? Maybe, just weird. I have never had anything like that happen... Anyway just my two cents. The hotel was great and ill defiantly stay there again.
Laurenrox (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
I'm from New Orleans but which hotel I might want to stay there lol 😆 😉 😜
sleepyhollow17 (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-17)
was the hotel the maison du puy?
I think it is haunted because I have stayed there and I heard footsteps and all sorts of things
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
Another intersting story! Wow! You seem to be prone to paranormal occurences. However, an explanation could be your friend Terry having dreamt this. If not, then everkhols suggested a form of possession which I have to agree with.
Erte4879 (3 stories) (18 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
LOL. Ironically Angie and I are the jokesters in the bunch, Terry would never jack us around, not her style.:0) I'm pretty good at smelling a joke, she was serious.
Oh and we stayed at the Hotel St. Marie.
We wanted to do the Ghost Tour, well corrections I really wanted to do the Voodoo Tour but, well to tell the truth, we ran out of money. It all went to the great foooood. 😆
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
I am just curious.
Would this hotel happen to have been the Inn on Bourbon?
Any chance you would not mind offering the name of the hotel if it is not, for research purposes?
Oh, and by the way. Nope. I never once thought you had been sloshed, MY first thought had been about the ghost tours of Bourbon Street.
Thank you
zmyers23 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
I think your friend is jacking with you! Just sounds to suspicious to me.
Erte4879 (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
I did a little research and just found out that building in the 19th century was a home/institution for orphaned or abandoned boys.
eberkhols (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
I don't really know what to say about that other than how odd it is. Taking turns and having it last all night, it could have been a form of possession.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: