You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Brother Watching Me

Real Ghost Stories

My Brother Watching Me

 

I'm only 15 and I have already had my first ghost experience.

I'm supposed to have an older brother, about two years older than me My brother died when he was a baby. I have never really thought anything of it.

About a year ago, we moved into our new house. Everything was fine until three months ago. I walked into my closet to get something but something didn't feel right, I turned around to walk out, and standing right in front of me, three inches from my face, he was looking at me. I was scared and I wasn't expecting anything like this to be happening. I felt assured that he wasn't going to hurt me. I felt it was my big brother, maybe just watching over me. He had the same color eyes as me. The same color hair as my other brother, and light fair pale skin like me. He was wearing blue jeans with a white tee shirt with black cuffs on the shirt. I immediately turned around and covered my face, and when I turned back around, he was gone.

A few weeks later, my aunt and cousin were visiting from out of town. I had just got out of the shower and went in my room to get dressed. I went straight to my closet and shut the door to get dressed because my cousin was in my room. Whilst I was getting dressed I could not shift this feeling that I had forgotten something. As I went to open the door, I found the handle was frozen and wouldn't budge. It took my aunt 15 minutes to pry the door open by taking the handle off.

About a month ago, I was taking a walk outside in the evening and something felt weird. So I thought maybe he was there with me. On my way back in the house I said to myself "you can show me yourself, but not yet, I'm still to nervous. I can't handle it yet". I went inside, and sat on the floor and out the corner of my eye... I saw him sitting on the couch. Naturally I was to nervous to look over so I just sat there.

I have seen him once more recently, about a week ago as was looking out of the kitchen window, he was standing in my backyard looking at me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Katieheswatching, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sprit-fairy-303 (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-30)
that sounds sweet he is looking after you 😊 😊 😊 but also creepy have your parents seen him or is it just you and have you told your parents
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
Wow. That's pretty cool and creepy all the same time. 😁 well obviously he is trying to get your attention and he seems pretty curious of you. I have heard stories like yours, where a sibling had passed as a young child and showed themselves as if they had aged normally. Then I have also heard stories of the same situation and the sibling stayed the same age as when they passed away. My grandmother passed away when I was 7 or 8 and when I saw her when I was about 12, she looked exactly the same.

So this curious boy may be your brother. OR he is just someone who inhabits your house. Whatever the case may be, he doesn't sound like a threat, but he needs to not creep you out when you're least expecting it. If he starts getting to where he scares you a lot, just tell him "hey, stop it." just let him know that it's your house too, so respect your space. I have talked to ghosts (its just like talking normally) like that and it has worked for me.

Anyways, good luck. He may just be your new pleasant company ❤
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
I just wonder why he would chose to show himself at this particular time in your life, if it is indeed your brother. Everyone has loved ones who have passed away and if all of them hung out beside you all the time you'd have a crowd with you all the time. When I pass, I doublt I'll be hanging around here on earth, there are other universes and possible alternative realities that I'd like to check out, besides, everyone I know and love will eventually pass on to the next life too. Unless they were enoch
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
Katieheswatching -
Thanks so much for sharing your story here. If you aren't used to paranormal experiences, it can definitely seem scary. You are a brave person. I think you did the right thing telling this spirit to be gentle with his visits, that you are nervous and need to get used to him. I'm sure he appreciates that. As with us living folk, sometimes it is hard to tell what a person is thinking until they out and tell you. Keep letting him know.

I think your brother is appearing to you at an age that would seem comfortable to you. He is an older brother, so he appears older. He obviously wants you to be comfortable with his visits. Don't let anyone tell you it can't be him - it can. I was pregnant with twins 15 years ago. I miscarried one of the twins, my son, when I was about 4 months along. My daughter, his twin, started seeing him about 2 years ago, and sees him/talks to him on a daily basis. Even though he wasn't even born at the time of his death, he appears to her as her own age. However, he can morph his looks, changing his hair color/style/length when he wants.

I've only been fortunate enough to see him as a shadow person and feel his hugs and his energy. I also talk with him using my divining rods. If you had told me 5 years ago, I never would have thought this possible. And, I feel sorry for nonbelievers - they are missing out on some wonderful spiritual experiences.

Continue to take it slowly... And talk to him along the way. It could end up being very interesting for you having a spirit brother. I know for a fact that my son has protected both of my daughters at times from some negative experiences and some negative entities. Start a journal of the experiences you have. It will help you keep a clear head and see if there is any pattern to his visits, and will be a journal of your relationship with him. Let us know how it goes.

Blessings to you!
ParaTam 😁
live_laugh_love (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
That is sorta scary. If that really is your brother, I don't see how he will harm you. Its like hes teasing you, like big brothers do. Well good luck with him and you hauntings. ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
According to Stacey Jones of The Central New York Ghost Hunters: "I believe that ghosts can show themselves in whatever form they want. If a spirit were more comfortable at a certain age, they may show themselves at that time..." And according to Annette Martin, the Los Gatos psychic detective, "...as for the age it differs according to how they see themselves. What I have experienced is that the spirit will appear when they feel they were/may be in the best of health... You must remember that they still have the same consciousness and will want to appear healthy and happy."
Those are just two very knowledgeable and respected researchers who share in the thought that the life impaired seem to visit their loved ones at possibly different ages as that of their exit of this world.
Psychic Jane Doherty, while describing the different classifications of ghosts had this to say: "...'Apparitions of the long dead,' (thus called the post mortem type) vary in the length of time that the person has been deceased. If the ghost is attached to the person, moving from the location of the haunting will not stop the activity. In this type of haunting the ghosts may appear in different clothing and at different ages."
So, I should think, with the backing and research of such noted people, that is is HIGHLY likely that your brother would come to you NOT as an infant, but in the form OF a "big brother".
Just like he is.
Thank you.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
I disagree with this talk of 'your brother will never grow up if he's a ghost'. Hello, I'm in the same boat as you. My brother died when he was a baby and he's supposed to be 3 years older than me. People report all the time that they see some sort of tall figure standing next to me. When I ask who it is, some of my more 'gifted' friends tell me that whoever they are, they look just like you. Then again, like most, I'm not going to go all out and say that this is your brother, just that I think that ghosts can age as they see fit. For this ghost, why not ask if he's your brother. Say something along the lines of 'are you my brother?'. Maybe the ghost will respond, maybe he won't, you never know. It also helps to check the history of the house.
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
I agree with Brooklynbaby97. Your brother would most certainly appear to you as a baby because he died as a baby. Ghosts appear to you the age they were when they passed on. This must be someone else's spirit that's watching you!
TinaBug1975 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
I personally think that a spitit appears to to someone close to them in the form that they are most cofortabble. Have you talked to your other siblins, have they seen they same thig, if so, I would say that it is your brother, if not I would have to suggest a spirit that probably died when they where about your age, and feels more comfortable with you because of that. It doesn't sound like you have anything to scared of though, who ever it is, just say hi, if you don't want them there tell them, just remember, whether they are your brother or not, at one time he was just like you, a boy who liked to play, and have fun and have friends his own age. My son had a spirit friend for a little while, he said there was nothing scary about it, he just wanted to play. So next time, just say hello. I am not saying that it is your brother, but I am not saying it is not, whoever it is, it sounds to me like he wants a friend.
KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
WOW that's amazing I'm sorry that your brother died but I don"t think its weird that he's watching over you that's what family members do.
jadediana (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
There is not any proof that ghosts grow like we do and there is not any proof that they stay the same... But if you see a ghost that's from the 1800's usually they will stay the same age... So maybe only some grow and some stay the same age it is a mystery

It moight be your brother might not but what's weird is he seems like hes watching over you...
But...The question is why would he lock you in a closet?
ParanormalSpectrum (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
brooklynbaby97
Who are we to say if it is or isn't? It could be, it couldn't be. We don't know.

As for the story, it seems he might be. Is the ghost protective over you? Has your parents ever seen him yet? Or any other family member?
brooklynbaby97 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
That can't be your brother, If he died as a baby, then his spirit would be a baby, ghosts never grow up. Sort of like Peter Pan. I'm sorry, but it is NOT your brother. 😭
KatelynnG (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
wow that's pretty freaky, the only thing is that I would think since your brother died when he was a baby that his ghost would be a baby... But maybe ghost mature like we do. Who knows. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: