You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Poster In The Garage

Real Ghost Stories

The Poster In The Garage

 

When people say, "don't go into the garage there's a ghost in there" as a joke, you don't realize until you go in there that they aren't joking.

I was 14 and my mum asked me to go and get some posters for the wall out of the garage. It wasn't the best day either, things were going wrong all day, there was a huge storm, and a power out, and the cat was ill with a cold. So going into the garage seemed a bad idea. The power out was taking a creepy effect as well!

In the pouring rain I ran to the garage and struggled to get the key in. Then I could have sworn someone called my name! When I opened the door, a huge gust of not cold but hot air rushed out, it wasn't nice against the rain either, it was to hot and humid. I turned on my torch and went towards the posters. There were three, one Winnie the pooh one, A lady heir (a picture of a lady as a young princess) and a creepy witch one. This is the one that nearly gave me a heart attack.

This witch poster wasn't the general, green face wart on the nose, broomstick witch. This was the most beautiful woman you will ever see. She had long blonde hair down to her waist, a long black (cleavage showing) dress, emerald eyes and a pearl the size of a golf ball in her hand. I shined the torch on it and sighed in relief and fear. You see this poster was left in the attic of an old lady who was an evil woman who hated children and anything cute. She had this poster because she believed when she was younger she looked like that. When the old lady died, the poster had our address on the back of it, and so we inherited it. But we decided to sell them all.

But I wished I looked like her too she was stunning! But on the poster was something I had never noticed before. Writing that said "Kill all light, seek all death, have revenge, and steal your theft." The bad thing was I read it out loud, and all of a sudden the power came back on, the garage door swung shut, and the poster fell down. I screamed in shock and spun round to see a figure of a tall person. It had bright green eyes, and a glowing pearl. I knew who it was. It was the witch. (You may be asking how I knew she was a witch.) The answer is because she told me. She screeched, "I am the witch the curse the death in your night mare, I say my words" The light bulb cracked, I was screaming in terror on the floor, she then vanished. Only what was left was a letter, and guess who was it from? The witch or the old lady? The answer is both; it was signed "The witch of curses, Mrs Balioli"

To this day it gives me night mares and I am 20 years old now. Me and my husband are spiritual advisers!

The truth is don't be scared to be afraid of what you think isn't real!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mercia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

K_marie82 (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-21)
Hilariously ridiculous attempt at fictional horror maybe?
Rustum (3 stories) (25 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
Maybe next time you'll meet the wizard of oz and he will help you defeat this sexy witch? Lol
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
Well that certainly sounds like a storyline for a horror novel.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
Wow Hanbobs. I also got the same response on an experience that has really been troubling me. Only I was told that there was no evidence of anything paranormal in my true tale. I did mention to the webmaster that it would sort of diminish some patronage by rejecting claims that actually mean something to someone. I also see this as a piece of fakery, and I'm pretty insulted to even think that it made a post while mine did not.
cristine1969 (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
Sometimes when people are scared of other things, such as storms and the dark the mind will race as your blood pressure increases, making a person more susceptible to "things happening." The brain is a very powerful instrument and people are able to create something that does not really exist. The story sounds like something out of an imaginative mind, imbalanced by watching too many scary movies and TV programs. Have you ever watched The Craft and then believed you had bewitching powers?
Sorry. It does not jive. 🤔
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
WOW. Amzing story... I was like shakeing as I read it! Very powerful. Is there any information on the poster? If thiis witch was real or not?

Tori ❤
kellbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
I think that your writing skills are exceptional. You have a great imagination and could probably write a pretty scary book if you put your skills to work. But personally I have had many TRUE paranormal, spiritual or ghostly encounters, whichever you want to call them, and I am offended that you would try to pull this farce off as non-fiction. I think that you are a person that has never had a paranormal experience happen to you but you are interested in the paranormal. So you concocted this story. Sorry but when you actually experience a paranormal experience you will then know why most of us are scared by our experiences and also be careful what you wish for. Sometimes you just get it. Meaning... One day you may get the paranormal experience you've been wanting but it will change your life... And not especially for the better. Live your life and be happy.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
Wow. The print almost sounds like Elvira, (minus the blond hair) The Mistress of the Dark. Complete with the huge pearl that she holds (a crystal ball)...
Assuming you experienced this, I have a few questions.
Is the garage heated?
Why was your address on the back of the print? Were you related to the woman who hated all things cute, or something?
Was there a specific reason your Mom HAD to have that poster in the house, at that point in time? I am trying to... IF it were storming out, and I was going to sell something another day, I would not want to destroy that item while walking with it through the rain, or chance it getting ripped to shreds by the winds of a storm.
This letter that was left...
What did it say? Besides the signature, I mean.
I am sorry, but this is a bit... Questionable. But then, I have lived through a few things that left quite a bit more questions than this one has, so...
Benefit of the doubt.
You ever sell the poster? Anything ever happen to THOSE people? They try to return it to you? I would assume someone ELSE would read the words out loud, as well. Especially if TWO persons were checking out the print before purchasing.
Thank you.
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
Slightly annoyed as I posted a story on here last month on an encounter my sister had. How ever the story couldn't be posted due to the assessor saying the story was made up (which it was not).
Funny how this story made it on here though... I have no idea why?
I want my 2 minutes of reading time back please?
Hanbobs
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
ummm

Well written movie script/fictional book

I agree with Pjod. This is an example of why I haven't been checking this site lately
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
with all due respect...
Please don't insult the intelligence of those who haunt this board. Your story is an obvious piece of fiction.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: