You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Curtain Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The Curtain Lady

 

I am 26 years old now. I do not consider myself gifted with the ability to see spirits, but as I grow older, the encounters seem to be getting more frequent. The most memorable encounter though, is the very first I've ever had. My eyes still get watery when I remember. It's dumb to be afraid now, but just remembering makes my hair stand up.

I was twelve years old. I went to school on a Saturday for dance practice. My friends were there. We practiced, we ate snacks, and we talked. It was a great day. As afternoon came, we grew tired and just talked while we waited for our parents. I remember that there were three girls with me. For some reason, I looked up at the third floor of the new building where my classroom was. And that's when I saw her. I will never forget her face.

She looked terribly pale and thin. She was wearing something light-colored but I couldn't tell if it was a school uniform because the white lace curtains were surrounding her. The first thing that came to my mind was that no student was allowed inside the classrooms on Saturdays, and she was breaking the rules. Her eyes moved. She looked to the left, just her eyes. Her face remained still. And then she did the weirdest thing. Her eyes looked at the school grounds in a slow 'rolling motion'. From the left, her eyes looked up, then to the right, then down (like she was trying to look at her nose). Then left again, and then up, right, down... I stood there staring at her. Until she rolled her eyes one last time... And when she looked down, she stared at me. She looked at me like she was angry at me for staring at her.

My friends said goodbye. I, the idiot who thought she was so brave, decided to go up to the third floor and confront the girl who was breaking school rules. At that point, I still had no idea that the girl wasn't human. And yes, when I got to the room, the door was locked. I peered through the glass portion of the door no-one at the windows nothing but curtains.

I remember running down and getting out of the building in a hurry. I felt like I couldn't run fast enough, that everything was in slow motion. I didn't tell anyone until much, much later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, icey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bluntforcetrauma (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-06)
Creepy as hell! And I could imagine the rolling of the eyes so vividly.
icey (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
Hi, fatthead, yes she knew and she did not like it. I wonder if anyone else had ever seen a ghost roll its eyes.
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
Hello icy so she new you could see her. When you was exsplaining how she was rolling her eyes a real clear picture of what you were saying flashed into my head. It was crazy
icey (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
Hi, Hanbobs. No, it was just a vacant lot before the building was built.

I think I'm still too scared to find out more about her. I have tried to forget about that day but I can't. I'm just glad that people can get to read this.

Thanks for the comment, Hanbobs.:)
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
Wow quite a spooky story! You said the building was new? Was their an old building inplace of the new one before hand? Maybe since it's been rebuilt she has been stuck in that room.
Maybe if the school is still in use someone else could explain more to you?
Hanbobs x

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: