You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Heavy Breathing, Tinkling Beaded Curtains & The Creaky Boards

Real Ghost Stories

Heavy Breathing, Tinkling Beaded Curtains & The Creaky Boards

 

My family and me are currently living in a one storey house that has five bedrooms, one bathroom, and two living areas. We have been living in our house for five years. As far as I am aware nobody has ever died in this house. I am also afraid of the dark. I am only 14 years and afraid of the dark. I don't know if what I hear and see is my imagination playing tricks on me or are actually there. The things that have happened to me are recent events.

My bedroom and my sister's bedroom have beaded curtains hanging outside our door. One night when everyone was sleeping I woke up in the middle of the night. I could hear a man breathing heavily near my bed. It lasted for about 4 seconds before I drifted off to sleep again. The next day my sister told me she heard a woman breathing heavily near her bed. After that I started getting scared.

That was the first and last time I heard that man.

More recently something even freakier has been happening. Whenever I am home alone I hear things that I normally don't hear. Usually when I am home alone I sit in the living room watching TV while chatting to my friends on msn and my space. I always have the TV on mute because I listen to music on my laptop.

During the night I would hear the beaded curtain in my sister's rooms tinkling and banging in my brother's room. The tinkling lasts for about 5 seconds and the banging for 3 seconds but continues again. There are always 3 bangs every time it happens. I would think it was the pipes but it is actually someone or something banging on the walls. The tinkling of the beaded curtain starts every half hour, last for 5 seconds then stops. As I said this only happens when I am home alone. When other people are home nothing happens.

Also, our floorboards creak but only rarely. When nobody is walking on the part that creaks it would only make a light creaking sound but when a person walks on it it would make two loud creaking sounds, when alone I hear those creaks.

I don't want to think that there is a ghost in our house but it is kind of hard when all those things happen only to me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aliish_is_scared, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mental_or_haunted (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
the heavy breathing sounds so familliar to me. Only when I hear it I'm always home alone and I will be laying down and deep slow breathing will just start up right next to my face and when it ends I want to get up. But as soon as I make a move to get up growling wlii like erupt suddenly from under the bed or couch that I'm laying on and it scares me sooo much. I'll scream and sit there talking to my friend or my unclle over the phone! 😨
3nj0y (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-22)
Sounds pretty freaky if you ask me 😐...It could be a spirit who feels drawn to you and needs your help to cross over to the light, Or something more sinister- perhaps a cowardly, malevolent entity that gets it's jollies frightening 14yr old girls who are home alone.

Say a prayer in the areas this activity is happening in, Fearing these things only feeds them and makes them stronger. ❤

Best of luck, 3nj0y.
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-21)
The beads hitting regularly tells me it is a furnace most likely blowing hot air at regular intervals to maintain heat in your home. I wouldn't worry about that too much. Creaking floors (I know in my house anyway) can be the wind blowing just hard enoug outside to "move" the floor joists. A good stiff wind makes my 120 year old home's stairs creak as if someone is stepping on them. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to dismiss your thoughts, but I know how easy it is to jump to conclusions when you hear something you are not familiar with.
geekonme239 (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
That's scary... When I'm home alone I try to make as much noise as possible because it was believed to drive spirits away, which worked in my case... Ghosts get kind of distracted by the noises... Keep safe:3 And the breathing man, oh God, I hope he stops... That's soooo scary:S

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: