You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shower Curtain Call

Real Ghost Stories

Shower Curtain Call

 

Let me start by saying that this story, in my opinion is rather embarrassing. I can't believe I am going to tell it, but you good folks at YGS make it easier to open up about the subject of the paranormal. Please know that in typing this story out... My face is beet red.

After a break up with David (mentioned in the story "And Stay Out") in March of 2005, the end of July of that same year, I met someone new. Cliff, a drummer at my church. We hit it off really well and soon we were dating. One night we were planning to go to dinner. I had taken a nap earlier in the day and overslept, making me late getting ready. Actually... The sound of Cliff knocking on the door to pick me up woke me. He laughed at my "panic" and told me that there was no rush and to go do what I needed to do. He made himself comfortable and turned on the TV.

I picked out my clothes and laid them on the bed and jumped in the shower. That's when it happened. I had washed my hair and had my head back rinsing the shampoo out when all the sudden I felt the shower curtain brush my leg... Felt cool air and heard the shower curtain rings as they slid along the metal curtain rod. (You all know that sound and the feel of the curtain opening while in the shower) It startled me of course and my first thought (I say "thought" because I couldn't see for the shampoo in my eyes) was that it was Cliff. We had not gotten to the intimate part of the relationship at that point so I was a little shocked. I quickly washed away the suds and opened my eyes. The curtain was open, but saw no one. In fact, the bathroom door was still closed.

As I went back to my showering, I was even more shocked when I suddenly felt a slight squeeze on my right boob. (I can NOT believe I just told that) Without thinking I screamed and in my rush to get out of the shower, I fell with my back landing directly on to the water spicket. No time for slowing down though, it hurt like mad but I kept struggling to get out. So now I am slipping on shampoo, water and blood and torn the curtain down in the process, shot out of the bathroom, bedroom and into the hall where Cliff was now standing in response to my screaming. There I was...naked...wet...and bloody. In spite of it all I was humiliated. My back was sliced open pretty good and should have gotten stitches.

Cliff was startled and asked me what happened. Of course I wasn't about to tell him what REALLY happened. (I was afraid it would scare him off... As if me standing there looking like Sissy Spacek in "Carrie" wouldn't have.) I just told him I fell in the shower. I'm sure he wondered why I ran out though. He bandaged up my back and we went on to enjoy our date. That was the first time I was physically hurt... By my OWN stupidity. I should have tried to stay calm. It was time to start looking for a new home. To this very day, that hasn't happened.

Other hauntings by KimmieWebb

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimmieWebb, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ashar123 (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
GoldPhoenix, you cannot justify yourself for your second last comment by any sort of explanation. You would have just apologised and by the way in your second last comment the second part was still not required.

Please stop posting disgusting stuff. 😠
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
I think I would advocate for a cleansing/blessing to happen here. One, it's definitely crossed an obvious line and two, it ended with an injury- while not directly caused, is still related to the incident.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Well, uh, I didn't see that coming, never mind the part about my comment that says "I don't think there anyone around here that wouldn't take this seriously.
Ghosts can physically interact with just about anything they want to. And Goldpheonix, why would you ask that first question? It's pretty obvious the answer is yes, you read the story right? It happened to her. And I agree with every word in miracles's previous coment.

I seriously don't like reading incongruous comments like that (no matter who it's directed towards), I hope I don't have to see a coment like that again.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
GoldPhoenix - I'm only going to address the first part of your comment. The second is too juvenile to have even been made and completely unnecessary.

There are many stories told where someone has been scratched, pushed, touched. How is this any different? Other than crossing a line, this is no different than someone feeling their head being patted or a touch on their arm when there is no one around.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-08)
Win,

There are theories concerning the electromagnetic energy that can (is?) generated by running or moving water. It may be enough energy that a spirit can manifest using it.

Mind you its only a theory and not proven fact.

Respectfully,

Rook
KimmieWebb (8 stories) (32 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-08)
So sorry it has taken me so long to respond... I have been sick. Cliff now knows waaaaaay more that he wanted too. I have only been touched (not pervertedly) a couple of other times. Those stories will come soon. ❤

This comment from GoldPhoenix is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-08)
Hello:
So strange, the last three stories including yours have been about entities in the bathroom; specifically the shower. Maybe it's easier for them to come in around water? I don't know, just a theory.
I agree wholeheartedly with the others; not anyone has the right to make uninvited advances, living or otherwise. I'm assuming since you said it was time to look for a new home that means you moved. I certainly would have taken drastic action as well.
Hopefully, nothing similar will ever happen to you again. Just know that you can say prayers of protection and ask others to assist you in doing so.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-08)
KimmieWebb, don't be embarressed at all (now that it's over), I don't think there's anyone around here that wouldn't take this seriuosly. I'd just like to say that, whatever this thing was, it definatly invaded your privacy. I'd call it sexual assault/ harassment (but of course, you charge a sprint/ ghost with that). Maybe this didn't happen again because it realized that it caused you harm.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-06)
Oh heck NO! That is really invasion of personal space! You have a perverted spirit that needs to pack its bags and get out! You may want to have a house blessing etc done. That is not cool... 😠
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-06)
Kimmie,

Assault is assault. Supernatural, paranormal, who cares. He/she had no right to do that to you.
I hope this never happened again. Do make cleansing or praying or whatever makes sense to you a regular routine.

Take care.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-05)
Hi, Kimmie:

An unwelcome presence touches your anatomy without permission, and YOU feel embarrassed? You're not the pervert in this narrative; you have the right to feel angry, indignant, outraged, or upset, but you did nothing wrong!

Had it been (for example) a pervert on a crowded train, I'm sure that you would scream bloody murder at being assaulted in that manner! Just because someone died, it does not give him or her carte blanche to be rude.

It wouldn't have hurt to tell Cliff some of the truth, then asked him to pray with you (you did meet him at church, after all). However, hindsight is 20/20, and you probably felt awkward enough without inviting him to pray over the plumbing.

Take care,
-Biblio
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-05)
Ouch and I can imagine your embarrassment in front of your date! That's a very rude spirit! Time to lay down some rules with him or her! Or a cleansing is in order!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: