You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: A Life of Haunted Houses

Real Ghost Stories

A Life of Haunted Houses

 

I'm 17 and I've never written anything before, so sorry if it isn't all that clear! It's all true and it kind of scares me! It started when I was 2 or 3, my parents, brother and I lived in this dodgy old house, I can't remember where, the people before us were into occult and stuff. Every night I would sit up and refuse to sleep in my room because I could see people in my room, I can't really remember, it's what my dad tells me, I used to pull my mattress out of my room and lay it out in front of my parents room, made perfectly. I can't even move one now let alone when I was 3. My dad would ask me in the mornings and I would say "the bad man keeps talking to me". Everything stopped for years until I was 13.

It was holidays and mum was home and I had just woken up, I was just laying there when I froze, I heard someone scream "oh god help me, please help" thinking it was my mum, I jumped out of bed and ran to my mum to ask if she was ok, all she said was "no, I'm fine, I didn't hear or say anything" so, a little freaked out, I went back to my room and back to bed, about half an hour later I heard "hey didn't you help me" and that's when the freaky stuff started happening.

One night, my friend was sleeping over and we were just sitting around laughing with the lights out when I saw something in the corner of my eye, I looked straight at it, it looked kind of like a shadow, but there was no light to cause one and it was darker than the room I was in, it was just moving across the wall, I instantly asked my friend if she could see it and she couldn't. It was heading to the hallway, when dad walked in to tell us to quiet down. He instantly noticed how cold it was and we were told to go to my bedroom.

About a month later, I woke up in the middle of the night to find a dark figure standing over me, my room was slightly lit because of my stereo and it was CLEARLY there, I screamed and hid under my blankets and didn't come out until morning, once again, nothing happened for a couple of months.

This time, when I woke up, the man was there again at the end of my bed, but there was a little girl in front of him, in a white victorian style dress, she looked really upset and I instantly knew she wasn't bad, but the dude behind her was. I went back to sleep hoping they would go away.

When dad and I moved in the house, the very first morning we moved in dad heard a "hello", not really thinking he said hello back. When dad came in to say goodbye (he was going to work), he asked me what I was doing out of bed so early and I didn't know what he was talking about. After he left I heard a "hi" in a guy's voice and I thought dad came back for something so I thought nothing of it. During the year we lived there, we saw a load of orbs and things moving, later we found out a family had died in a bus accident and they had lived in that house before us!

We've moved house again (yes we move a lot) and in the current house I'm at, it's the worst. Its an oldish country house, pretty crappy looking, but clearly has a history! We moved in about 3 months ago now and since the first night there, I have been seeing things. Almost every night, I see an old man walk across my room. He's there but he isn't?, sort of like see through. He has a big bushy beard and looks amish. He gives me a nasty look every time he comes past my bed. Lights that are off get turned on frequently, same with doors opening all the time.

It could be 10000 degrees outside but you will have to wear a jumper inside because its freezing, and it's not air conditioning because we don't even have a working heater right now. And things are always moving around the house, I'll put my guitar in the lounge room and it will be in the kitchen in the morning and I know it's not my dad because guitars are like gold to him and I have also seen the little girl again a few times and I'm not sure why she is following me.

Dad doesn't see anything really, but I do all the time, my nana was the same, she still sees things to this day, I'm not sure what to do, how to get rid of them or how to help them, I'm starting to get sick of being scared half to death every night!

HELP!

Other hauntings by stacecadet

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stacecadet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Ok basically you say that you can see them and hear them so you have some ability with that so I suggest the following is unsure not an issue of your faith this works a treat, Do a clensing of you house you need SAGE (the plant) and you need to burn it not like bonfire but like insence ect,

Doing this and asking or just basically meditating on the issue and saying allow "I the name of purity and Faith I ask that the spirits that reside in this house rest peacefully" doing this states you don't want them gone though you may want this they were there first, but you will work with them.

Also as protection a piece of quarts at the front and back door that has been purified (google it on the how to of this) to keep you safe.

-No faith doesn't always means your screwed just harder to fix things I'm in the same boat as you in the faith department but let me know how you go and should be all sweet feel free to email me-

~Shadead
laniparis (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
I'm sure God wouldn't mind if you called on him to help in your time of need...

I'm anglican, but I don't go to church or pray or anything, I do believe in a higher power, or I at least have hope that this life isn't it...

Maybe, you could try talking to a respected adult outside your family/friends, guidence councilor, even a priest...

Just to be reasured...

I really hope it all takes a turn for the better... Keep us posted

Laniparis
Saucy_mac (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
Hi, I'm aware people can see these comments, help! Things seem to get worse and worse. I've started hearing more and more voices. Noises are keeping me up all night. I've tried salt, even holy water. Nothing seems to work! I think its me its all attached to. I'm not religious in any way so I can't turn to god. Any suggestions or advice?
Saucy_mac (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
Yo. This is actually Stace_cadet. I can't get into my account for some reason.
I don't seem to see the girl anymore. Which for some reason I don't think is good. I think she was watching over me. But I've been having more sightings, such as seeing apparations in the backyard. Its just something standing there, if you look up the movie creep, it reminds me of the evil guy in it. I've recently had cups randomly fall off the kitchen counter, I've been stuck in my room and I'm constantly seeing black things move in the corner of my eye, I keep thinking its my dog, but when I turn there's nothing. I've tried psychics, most talk rubbish, others take one look and say "i can't help you" I honestly think its the same thing that I was scared of when I was little. Its attached to me. My friend and I are doing an ouija board thing tonight so We'll see how things go
Skip (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
Hey. That was a good read. I also have had the same kind of expiriences my whole life. I have had strange expiriences in every house I have lived in, even my current house which is nowhere near all the houses I grew up in.
obviously popele like us attract these kind of spirits.
The only mystery for us is are all these spirits the same ones following us or if we are just unfortunate enough to live in bad houses.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
hi I enjoyed reading your story. I get a strange feeling of some houses I have wrote a story about that on psychic experiences website. 😊 I have also been through strange things as well. All my stories are on psychic experience website my name is katie on there if you want to have a look.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-17)
I am not so sure it is the 'houses' you have lived in but I think the abilities may lie within you! You sound like a very gifted and sensitive person.

keep us posted!

God Bless!
Monica (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-30)
Sounds scary. You should try praying to god every night and ask him to please leave you alone... Or try asking the spirits what they want from you. Don't let them think your afraid of them because if you do they'll always bother you because they know you fear them. Ask them firmly what they need. If not go to church and pray. Pray for them. I wish you luck.
CanadianHorses (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-29)
i bet the reason this happens to you is because the house isn't haunted but you are. My grandma is very spiritual that way and she told me that sometimes a ghost will haunt a person not a house.
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-29)
thanks for telling this I really enjoyed reading it. My sister and her family have the same thing happen to them a lot to so they move they try to get away from things but no matter where they go some then always happen. It sounds a lot like what is happen to you and your dad.
michelle (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
hi I have been like this all my life I have experienced so much stuff and like you have moved around a lotand in each house there seems to be someone there with me a spirit never the same one when I was younger my dad had died when I was 7 I have seen him and heard him walk up the stairs before. I also used to see a lot of ghosts some scared me but some were ok but when I moved house again it stopped then I saw a little girl to in a blue robe that really scared me I had to get my mum to have a priest in which is what you should do I think if you want them gone after a priest had blessed my house I had nothing from anything. Now I am 20 and have moved in my own house with my children and boyfriend there is just one room I can't seem to be able to go into properly so I had a priest come out and bless my house and now everything is ok. I still see things but I am not scared anymore. Hope it helps with the priest if you do have one bless your home.
Rocio (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
Well... Maybe you give off some sort of ora that attracts ghost. It seems like they want help from you but you don't know what to do. So ask them want they want from you and tell them that you can't do so much because you are only 17.
Also I noticed you mentioned this happens to your nana ...ask her how she deals with it.
syd (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
well I think that ghosts are inosent people trying to find a way to heaven so they can be free that's all
newbie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
I would suggest that you pray, and ask God to remove them for you, I would avoid the medium, if someone is seeing evil spirits, it could cause you more problems, which you would bring upon yourself by visiting one...

This is only a suggestion...

I know I have dealt with evil spirits, I would also suggest seeing a minister about the suggestion of seeing a medium, they are against that too...
Newbie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
Are you sure they are really Ghosts? I read somewhere on here that that they could be demons too? Could this be a possibility for you as well?

they also say your eyes become unveiled possibly before death... I mean to be able to see the evil spirits...
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
Oh so she is one of the stubborn ones. Well those will usually only respond to cleansing ceremonies. Here is what you can try. Purchase a white sage bundle, a cedar bundle, and a sweet grass braid. Along with a long feather and a stone bowl with about an inch of sand in the bottom. Start at the entrance to your home with your back to the home itself and light the white sage bundle and place in your bowl, it should smolder not flame up, if it goes out stop where you are and relite it, start toward your left fanning the smoke toward the walls and corners using your feather and work your way around your home. If you come to a room continue on in that room and any closets or cubboards until you come back out again, if you come to a stairwell go up or down and do the same with all the rooms on that level until you have worked your way back to the entrance to your home, once you get back to the entrance envision pushing the negative energy from your home and close the circle by going back to where you began. You will have to do the same thing with each of the remaining herbs. Don't forget to remove the ashes from the bowl each time and don't take the ceremony lightly as this will cause it to be of nil effect.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
stacecadet (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
hahahaha no no, he just looks a lot like the people from the amish comunity, you know, where the shooting was? Yeah, he just really reminds me of them, so it was the best description.
STILL nobody seems to wanna explain what to do about the girl. I have tried talking but she just turns around and stuff starts falling from shelves
JW (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
Australia has mediums and psychics that you may want to contact and share your stories with. They may help you. You could investigate for yourself and find out about your gift of being able to see ghosts which has been handed down to you by your nana, grandmother. You can work on not being afraid and talking to them like people who are alive. Just ask them to leave. You can bargain with them. Offer them a contract or trade. Tell them you will take care of their house while you are there, respect them and ask that they do the same.

Sometimes the spirit is dead, crossed over and drops back to see how things are going. It is sometimes upsetting for both types of spirits, one stuck and one just visiting to see others living in their home. Many who are still stuck don't like things changed or renovated. You have to work with them like you would a person who is alive. Treat ghosts like you would a live person. Spirits are like live people, they have different personalities. Go with their personality.

Try any and all things and then find what works the best for "you" and use it. Practice your courage.
Fear feeds, so diffuse with courage and conviction in yourself and in your own beliefs, no matter what others think. There are others out there like yourself, so go out there and search for them.

I did not know Australia had an Amish sect and that you were familiar with them (He has a big bushy beard and looks amish.)?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
stacecadet,
Sorry if I gave you the impression that you need to pray in order to help these individual spirits. That was not my intent at all. You have a gift and an ablity few understand and I was just giving you a description of a way you could possibly help these spirits. Each individual medium has their own way of dealing with the spirits and how to help them move on, you just need to learn the way that works best for you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
stacecadet, you'll get all kinds of feedback around here, from knowledgeable people, imaginative kids, real mediums, crack pots and yes, zealous christians. Just take what feels right for you.
stacecadet (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
woah, everyones very "pray" etc etc.
but it wouldn't mean anything because I don't believe in god etc etc.
i suppose its something ill have to get used to, and let's face it, they were there b4 I was.
im just a little creeped out by the little girl, I'm starting to see her frequently and I'm not sure what to do to help her, she looks really depressed like something bad has happened to her while she was alive or something
Sam (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Okay, you might consider me crazy, but I think you should really consider this gift a treasure. When I was little I use to be able to see as you see, but I have since lost that ability. Occasionally I will see a figure or hear something, but it's so rare that I usually look foward to that events. Like I said, you might consider me crazy, but maybe I am.
Kim Bolton (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
I think you have a very unique gift. I have the same gift. I see ghosts all the time. I call it the sixth sense. You have a lot of psycoconetic or spiritual energy which enables you to see and hear things that most people can't. You should be very careful when and if you ever see or hear ghost and/or demonic spirits And when you try contacting or talking to spirits. You could get your house spiritually cleansed by a priest. This will help get rid of any harmful and/or demonic spiritual beings that may be in your house. While most ghosts are harmless, some are evil spirits and may intend to harm you or your family. If you would to know more about my experiences or my gift please contact me via e-mail at:
vampirewoman2007 [at] hotmail.com

I wish you luck with your gift.
Sincerly,
Kim Bolton
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Martin, I do believe she has the gift and if she could find a reputable medium to teach her how to properly control her gift and her fear she would be a great asset to any investigation. Oh and yes nanna is grandmother. At least I know in the states that's what it means.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Wow that's a very good post Shane, I agree with you, she says her nanna (that's her grandma right? Not a nanny?) sees them too so medium abilities seem to go around her family. It's often hereditary. I'm guessing her nanny is from her mother's side since the father seems more oblivious to paranormal activities (or sometimes guys are just more obtuse, hehe). That's why I categorized her story in the medium section.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Very interesting. Sounds like you come from a family of gifted people. I would say that since you haven't been harmed in any manner, other than the lose of sleep, that you are not really dealing with anything dangerous or harmful. You may be a beacon to those on the other side and they are seeking you out for help. They may need your assistance in helping them cross over. Try this the next time you see one of them. Speak to them as if they were living and asked if they need assistance in crossing over. Do not try and force them to leave as this often has the opposite effect. They may not answer you in a vocal manner, but maybe by a shake of the head. If they do then try envisioning a brilliant white light one so wonderous it is almost painful to look upon in front of them bathing them in its light, once you have this vision tell them to go into the light, that there is love, peace, and rest in the light. Say a prayer for them that God or which ever higher being you believe in excepts them into his grace. Allow the light to begin to slowly fade until it is gone. If you don't feel you can do this yourself, look for assistance from a more knowledgable medium, they will know if you have the gift and many reputable ones will be willing to help you develop your gift and assist you in the mean time. Good luck to you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Crystal (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Well, from what I've heard praying may get rid of them, but to me this seems more of a psychologial trick to make you think you won't see them - like a placebo.
I've also heard that if you simply ask them to leave you alone they will.
Myself, growing up I've heard things, seen things, and when you ignore them they tend to go away naturally. Perhaps they think you can't see them anymore, or maybe you just forget about them and they just fade away. Because really, who can tell you where they come from or who and what they are?

I don't think anyone can tell you how to get rid of them, you need to find a way to kind of "get over" them in order for them to stop.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: