You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Could It Be Him

Real Ghost Stories

Could It Be Him

 

Yesterday, I was walking past an empty house in my street, it had been empty ever since a man was suspected to have fallen down the stairs and died. But as I walked past it, I got this sudden urge to look at the bedroom window, and as I looked I saw the shadow of a man standing in the bedroom, who I can only suspect was the man that died there. He was quite a frail man when he was alive in his mid 50's and was as fat as your finger, which is most probably why he died after the fall. Everyone was shocked when the incident happened, with nearly our whole street out to investigate and, when I heard a distant voice ask the question "How long has he been dead?", they replied with "Probably about 2 hours". Judging of the length of time his body was left undiscovered, I can only assume that's why the face in the window was so pale.

When I tried to take a closer look, I could only make out what seemed to look like the spirit was wearing glasses, which draws me back to when he was alive because he was always seen wearing sun glasses, no matter the occasion or weather. Because of my previous post which I hope you have read and enjoyed, I didn't get as much of a fright this time; it was just more of a small shiver at the sight of the figure standing before me.

There have been a few sightings as far as I know of that have come from that house, nobody has lived in it since then... Well, there was a young couple who stayed there for a few days, but they moved out soon after because of unknown reasons. They didn't really get to know anyone in the neighbourhood so we could only imagine their reasons of departure were that of the ghost.

I will be sure to keep you posted if anything else unusual happens.

Thank you.

Other hauntings by Iain2127

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Iain2127, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
Its sad in a way that he still lingers around maybe he does not know that he has died or he rufuses to move on for some reason, we will never know, I have heard a lot of cases like that.

Thank you for sharing your story!

Dan
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
Wow, this is a great story. I do believe that this is most likely the spirit of the man who died there. Please update us if anything else happens. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: