You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Weird Noises From My Son's Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Noises From My Son's Bedroom

 

This took place about a week and a half ago. It was late, around 11:30pm and I was working on some homework at my computer, which is in my living room. From there, I can look to the left and see all the way down the hall past my son's room and into my room. I had everything turned off- no TV, no radio as this helps me concentrate on what I'm doing.

In my son's room, he has a tract closet (the doors are on rollers at the top-not on the bottom) and it is only half. The bottom half is drawers, two on each side of the closet doors. This information is important to the story, so please bear with me. So as I was reading, I all of a sudden started hearing this loud banging coming from his room. One of my cats was on my lap, another on the couch next to me, so I thought maybe it was the third trying to squeeze his ample frame through the opening at the bottom of the closet door. But it didn't sound like that- this was really LOUD. So I peeked down the hall and I could see him lying in the middle of the hallway, looking toward my son's room. Meanwhile, this noise is still going on- BANG BANG BANG- it was more like the drawers under the closet were opening and closing over and over again. The whole thing lasted for about two, maybe three minutes.

Needless to say, I was kind of leery about going down the hall to check it out. I had to one by one turn on the lights as I went along toward the door, and when I got there, I even turned on his light too. He was totally out, snoring softly and there was nothing in his room, but one of the drawers was open just about half an inch.

I have no idea what it was, but on a side note, my son just a few weeks ago told me that sometimes he can't fall asleep because he sees people in his room, standing by his bed. He says sometimes they open his closet doors and sometimes they make his blankets go up and stay up. He said that once in a while he sees his grandpa (who died just before my son's 1st birthday) but a lot of the time, he sees "others"-he didn't elaborate much, only to say that they look mean, like "robbers would look", and I didn't want to press the subject and scare him.

I have any other stories, as this type of activity has happened to me my whole life, and will eventually post them if there's interest.

Thank you for reading.

Comments are appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Katlovr3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
I just ran across this story, so I wanted to write a comment. Since you've heard these noises yourself, why not take your son out of that room? Why is he still sleeping in that room? The night the noises was going on, knowing that your son was asleep in that room, honey you should have transformed into a mother Bear or a mother crocodile. When it comes to the welfare and safety of your child, you should have bristled up and found the strength and courage to take on Satan himself if he would have been the one standing in your son's room. When it comes to my children, I bar none and nobody! You should have taken your son out of that room long time ago! You sleep in that room and give him your room. That's not fair to him and all the stuff that's going on in his room could leave him scarred. Please do everything in your power to protect him.
TessaLovee (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Its So sad when a child is being haunted because they don't understand what their seeing. Its also sad when their terrified and you can't do anything to help them. How old is your son? As anyother experiences happened? God bless.
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Katlovr3
Thank you for your detailed reply and please never feel limited to how much you can write here. Each and every word you contribute is helping us all on a quest for truth.
When you mentioned the block of trees behind your property it made me want to point out something in regards to land populated with trees. It is said that living trees run at a similar life vibration to the that of certain entities such as 'ghosts', and legends of the living forests even in myth and foklore may suggest that there is a suitable energy to provide or share with entities of an intelligent nature. My point being that there could be 'anything up in them there woods' as far as entities go.
As for the plane crash across the field, this falls into the 'tragic' catagory of deaths and not to say that the soul of the victim does not find peace and rest, out of respect you'd not want to assume otherwise. But the imprints that are left following a tragic occuracnce such as car crash, plane crash etc, it could leave possible risidual energy impact on the surrounding site.
I would not be too scared or worried from what you describe and what has happened. When an entity interacts physically with objects such as banging things, throwing things its usually classed as a poltergeist and study into that field suggest theories that children have the ability or are percieved to be the source of these paranormal events and not necessarily those of ghosts or other entities. So it is very hard to just provide a conclusion of exactly what is going on with you and most other people for that matter. But if it is not causing any harm and you feel comforted in your spirituality and the safety of your home then it shouldn't cause you any fear as much as it should curiosity.

It's funny that you mention the ouija board from childhood as being played as fun 'n games. Considering the amount of people who have used ouija boards in the world, its no wonder the place is crawling with 'spirits' 😁 Who knows what massive portal humanity has created by doing so?

Thanks for your story and reply.

Kiwi
Katlovr3 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
KiwiSpirit:
There is nothing too unusual that I have come up with. The land my house is on (I rent) is surronded by woods in the back which 70-75 acres of is owned by my landlord, whom are very nice hardworking people. They started their family here, and this was also the starter home for one of theri sons'.The last tenent wasn't a bad person either, although I am told he kind of drank a lot (which can be quite common for this area- long winters and not much to do extra curricular-wise). There was one terrible accident which happened in the field across the road- a small aircraft pilot lost control of his plane and crashed and was killed. As it happens, the pilot was one of my landlords' sons. That's what I was told by the "old geezers" (which I refer to fondly as I am quite close to several of them, but they're as good as the historical society- I think a few of them are even on the commitee) that drink coffee in town, I have never outright asked my landlord, I don't want to be in bad taste or bring up bad memories. I don't think that whatever is here would be him though.
As to your other questions, no we haven't had any recent deaths- the last one was about 2 1/2 years ago, and I didn't even really know her.
I will be totally honest and say that when I was quite a bit younger (say early teens) my friends and I did play with a ouija board (I know, I know- really bad idea, but we were kids; it was just a game and we didn't know then that it wasn't. At that time, you culd still buy those things at Wal-mart. The one my friend had she got from her attic- it was old, made of wood and laqured). I don't recall ever doing any seances though.
Sorry this is so long, btw!
Katlovr3 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Darkness:
No, we have had other occurances. I have heard voices- couldn't make out what they were saying; its as if there's an am radio talk show on on low volume- my fiance on several occasions has seen a full figured shadow type person in the large mirror in my living room (and also a face in the closet in my bedroom), and I was attacked one night in my bed, with him sleeping next to me, by a black mass (I was going to post that encounter in detail). We also have a fourth "cat" that we constantly see and trip over, but nothing is there.
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Is there anything unusual to add about your home? Previous tennants, the land it is on, local ledgend etc? Have there been any recent deaths in the family? Have you ever used an ouija board or performed a seance?

Thanks

Kiwi
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Hi Katlovr3 is this the first time you have experienced hearing something where you live? You mention that your son has seen your Grandpa and other Robber like figures, but you have only really seen shadow people am I correct? It definitely sounds as though it wants your attention now by the moving of the drawers, probably knowing full well that your son was asleep. Maybe something to think about. I hope everything goes in your favour all the best.

Thank you for sharing

Dan
Katlovr3 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
I would also like to say that my house is fairly small (we live in a trailer). The living room is 11 1/2x 15ft and connected to the wall to my son's bedroom. I can literally hear him breathing as he sleeps from where I'm sitting right now, and my son is almost eight years old- he's not incapable of informing me if he has a problem.
To DeviousAngel:
My son my indeed have inherited sensitive abilities. I have seen people that others could not since I was very little (I lived in Germany when I was a child and once witnessed a haggard looking woman in peasant clothes and a stick broom yelling at a man on a sidewalk as he passed right through her). My son has also told me previously of other instances where he has seen things, in a different house that we lived in.
Katlovr3 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Well, as I said, at first I thought it was the cat. They sometimes climb up into the closet to sleep on the pile of blankets folded up in there. When I realized it wasn't was when I got up to investigate the noise. Plus, he wasn't up and freaking out, the doors and windows were locked. We live in the middle of nowhere near a small town where everybody knows everybody, so I wasn't concerned about an intruder.
fairylady0385 (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Ummm... I don't mean this in a rude way, but why in the world would you let that banging go on for two or three minutes and not check it out if your son was IN THE ROOM!?!? If I heard that coming from my son's room I wouldn't even think about what it might be! I wouldn't care! I would just worry about getting to my kid to make sure he's ok.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
This sounds like a poltergeist! It may have done this just to get a rise out of you, or possibly to encourage you to check on your son. It doesn't sound threatening to me. I do believe your son is a sensitive though, so it would be best to discuss with him a little bit about what he sees and encourage him not to be afraid of it. And I agree, I think his grandpa is watching over him. 😊
XwormsXrockX (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Shadow people are a form of entity, but I do think that they would want their presance well and truly known if they ment harm. =)

If you don't feel threatened, then that's wonderful. I think you and your son are just higly susectable to spirit energies, so you pick up on them.

I don't think you have much to worry about. =) x
Katlovr3 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
I don't overtly get a feeling of negativity from my home. Once in a while I get a bad vibe, like I have to get out of the room, or move from the area. I have had one terrifying experience (which I will go into detail about on a different post), shadow people on a regular basis-what are they?-but this is actually the first place I have lived where I haven't felt threatened. Maybe (he's actually my grandpa- my son's great grandpa) we are being protected. I guess that's kind of comforting. I am concerned about these shadow people, though.
XwormsXrockX (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Sounds like your little boy's Grandpa is apperaing to protect/reassure him that he is okay and watching over him.

I really do think your son is scared of the 'Robber' ghosts, but I don't think they want to hurt him or you.

I believe they just want to be noticed. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: