You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: An Epic Paranormal Experience

Real Ghost Stories

An Epic Paranormal Experience

 

When my Father left our family, my Mom moved my brother, Chuckie, and myself to an old farmhouse as far away from town as we could get and afford. Since she had always depended on the joint income between my Dad and herself, she had to begin a second job that required her to travel several miles a day. Then when she got home she could take a four hour nap only to wake up and go work the night shift as a nurse at the local hospital. Her life was tough enough, so I never told her about how scared I was in our new house. I don't say "home" because it never really felt like it belonged to us.

Anyway, as I said Mom was gone a lot. Chuckie, my brother was always in charge and at 16 years old the last thing he ever wanted to do was take care of his baby sister. So mostly he and his friends would lock themselves in his room (doing only God knows what) and I would have to find ways to entertain myself. At 13 years old this isn't hard to do. During the day everything was fine because I never spent much time indoors, I always played outside with my dog or I'd climb trees etc. It was nighttime that was so troublesome to me.

The first time anything happened to me was on a night that my Mom wasn't home. It was only Chuckie and I. He had told me to go to bed, and I fell asleep shortly after. A few hours later I woke up to the sound of someone laughing softly. I thought it was my brother so I tip-toed out of my room to spy on him wondering what was so funny. Upon looking in his room I could clearly tell he was asleep, mainly because he was the loudest snorer in the tri-county area. I then thought that perhaps I had dreamed it. So I started walking back to my own room.

"Don't go in there!" some whispered. It wasn't a soft whisper though, although it was barely audible I could tell that it was irritated and very serious. Was someone in my house?

"Who said that?" I demanded, which was "big talk" for a 13 year old girl. There was no reply though. I stood in the doorway of my room hesitant to go in, even though I was sure that I was just very sleepy and imagining things. So, after a few seconds I walked back to my bed and got in, pulling the covers up over my head. I heard nothing, so I started to drift back to sleep all the while telling myself that I was stupid for being so scared. That's when I heard it again.

"Elizabeth," someone said my entire name. It didn't really have any tone to it, maybe the voice sounded a little concerned but I couldn't be sure. At that point I threw the covers back and sat straight up in bed. Now I'll never know who it was, but just as I sat up I saw someone at my door, then I blinked and upon reopening my eyes there was nothing. I'd had it. I jumped out of bed and practically ran to my brother's room turning on every light I passed.

"Chuckie, please wake up, please!" I was pleading. He rolled over and opened his eyes looking extremely irritated.

"What do you want sis?" he yawned. I couldn't think of anything to say that was logical so I settled for the truth.

"Either there is someone in this house or this place is haunted," I scrambled out the words and he didn't look convinced. That was until about seven seconds later when we both heard a loud banging noise coming from the living room. Chuck said something not so nice, and jumped out of his bed lunging for his hunting equipment. He pulled a shotgun out of its case and made sure it was loaded. He tossed me his cordless telephone.

"I want you to hide in my closet and call Dad if I yell at you, okay?" he said.

"Chuckie, I don't think that-" he cut me off.

"Please just do it," he yelled. So I got in his closet and he turned off the lights and started through the house with his gun. I knew he wouldn't find anything, or anyone in our house. Whatever was making those noises was clearly in my room, but there had been no one there. The voice had been unfamiliar, and completely invisible. I wasn't going to call our Father (he was the Chief of Police at that time) because there was nothing anyone could've done. Eventually Chuckie came back completely flabbergasted.

"I just don't get it, all the doors and windows are locked up tight, there is not one single sign of anyone forcefully entering at all so where the hell did that noise come from?" he asked me.

"I don't know but it started in my room," I explained. I told him about someone laughing and telling me not to go back into my room, and I told him about someone standing at my doorway. He believed me, but we both decided to keep it a secret. We didn't want to burden our Mother or make her feel guilty that we were scared to be alone in the house. I think that we both thought foolishly that it was over, that maybe that night was just a fluke.

It wasn't.

Other hauntings by justlyz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, justlyz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
I have no words to describe how much I LOVED this story. I'll give it a go... It was amazing, fantasic, soooo exciting and was filled with lodes of information 😁 I can't wait to read your next stories! 😁

Oh and of course, I hate to read that you were afraid to be alone at night! Thats awful. I suggest that you bless the house or hang rosery beads up (if you are catholic of course) I hope by now you have either told your mum or moved, because I hate to read that you are scared of the house.

I also hope your mam has a good job and that she doesn't have to work two jobs now! 😢

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

-ghostlover6678
DCinAZ (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
I'm hooked, now on to the next chapter. That's one advantage I have, having found this wonderful site only recently. It means once I've finished part 1, part 2 is already there waiting for me. And since this story is so compelling and well written I can hardly wait. Thanks for sharing! 😊
Flakjacket (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
Actually, both my comments were deleted. The first one asking how to pronounce her name which I figured was " Just Lies", and the second post I apologized because she thought I was calling her a liar. All I asked was how it was pronounced.

Really admin? Why would you delete either of those posts?
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
thanks for that info, darkness. I was wondering why she suddenly went into defensive mode, which can raise some flags.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
Hi Pjod there has been a comment that has been deleted mate basically saying that justlyz was a lier I thought I would just clear that up for you. 😁

Dan
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
Not sure why you are being so defensive, all of a sudden? I did not see anyone, in any of your stories insinuate that you were lying? There is an old saying that goes... Something about those who get defensive for no reason.
justlyz (4 stories) (6 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
If you want to read the rest of my story it's posted now. I don't appreciate being called a liar since it was such a bad experience for me. If it's not creepy enough or scary enough I apologize, but it's true, and sometimes the truth isn't so interesting.
Thanks 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Hi justlyz very creepy story indeed a good intelligent haunt by the sounds of it knowing your name and all. By the sounds of it its trying to warn you of something or it is playing games with you. I look forward to hearing the rest of your encounters and experiences.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Great story!...Can't wait to read more... Your Mom sounds like a very strong woman!...She did what she had to do to raise the two of you... And you were a very logical 13 year old I might add 😆...I think at that age I would have been peeing my pants!
justlyz (4 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Thanks for all the positive feedback. I agree with most of you that there are more than just one entity in that house. We've moved since, but I'd love to go back some day with equipment and check it out. There is a lot more to my story, I'll post soon!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
That's really scary! Especially when something calls to you by name. It definitely sounds like someone was trying to warn you against something, though I can't be sure of what. Is there more to your story?
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Hi Justliz,

Thanks for sharing your story, I'm sure your Mom appreciates the fact that you and your brother are doing your best to help her out by avoiding being bad kids:)
God Bless,
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Great story! You have my attention, and I can't wait to read more. Hope you able to post another story soon. 😊
Katlovr3 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
I hope you're going to post the rest of the story, I was getting into it! It sounds like there may have been at least two entities, because one was trying to warn you against the other. How long did your family live at that house? Did you ever learn of any of the house's history?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: