You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: In The Basement

Real Ghost Stories

In The Basement

 

This is my second entry here. My first was titled "I can't go home" where I told of 2 of my many supernatural experiences growing up at my parent's house. Here I am going to share 2 more that took place while I was in their basement.

The first one happened one day when I was sitting in the basement with my dad and we were watching a movie. We were the only ones who were home. While we were watching the movie I started to hear someone walking upstairs. I didn't say anything because I just thought maybe it was the house creaking. After about 2 minutes of hearing the walking my dad turned to me and said, "Where is the dog?" I pointed to the floor where our dog was sleeping. Then he said, "Well then who is walking upstairs?" I told him that I had been hearing the noises for a couple minutes now. He told me to hold on a minute and he went upstairs and came back down and said nothing was there.

The next story happened when I was with my sister and it was the middle of the night and we were watching a movie in the basement. We were sitting there when suddenly we heard the slapping of water on the ground. We both looked over and saw water pouring down from the ceiling. It was so loud that we were more concerned about it waking up my parents then we were about where the water was coming from. After about 20 seconds the water suddenly stopped. We were on our hands and knees cleaning it up when it dawned on me, where did the water come from? I looked up at the ceiling where there is no paneling and you can see the bottom of the floor above. There was no pipe, water mark, nothing. There was no evidence that the water had even fallen from anywhere or from anything. To this day we still do not know where this water came from.

Strange but true.

Other hauntings by SamanthaW27

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SamanthaW27, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Hmm both of them seem interesting and NOTHING DEMONIC it was maybe just a passerby ghost and a simple water leak from somewhere but their still interesting
SFE11795 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
The first one sounds scary however the next one doesn't sound too paranormal
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
Just because there wasn't a water line where the water came from doesn't mean it came mystically.

It easily could have been coming from somewhere else. I own a home and it developed a roof leak. The roofer located the start leak, but it wasn't directly overhead the observable leak. Not even in the same room.
pangie28 (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
ok I'm sorry but I disagree with JimD I'm not saying that it's demonic but not every ghost is demonic either, If you want to take precaution then by all means pray to St. Michael, I have done that myself when I didn't feel safe about a presence. The water maybe the entity trying to tell how they passed or something to that effect. Dig a little deeper do a history check on the home or the land around the home, friends of mine lived in a home where a little girl had drown in the river behind the house and she used to leave puddles of water all the time until they figured out what had happened by checking the history of the land, and communication with her to figure out why she stayed, or as winwin said it could just be someone passing through. I hope this helped you a little
winwin (17 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
If you scare to go home then what time you can go home? Don't worry everything will be fine 😁I believe is not every ghost is bad... Some of then they dead but they got no home and no where to go. So they look for a place to stay❤Ok, let me ask you, how long you staying in your house? Did they do anything to you? You got the power to bring them leave this world to go to they'r world? Do you believe all this thing? Don't think to much if nothing happen or anything go wrong just let it be. Matbe some of then is passing by.
sawwheeler (13 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
not that ghostly either but the water was kind of weird that I can't explain.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: