You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Ghost In My Grandparent's Condo

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost In My Grandparent's Condo

 

I was in Leasburg, Florida on a trip to see my grandparents about a year ago in the summer time. We stayed in their nice, stucco condo while they were staying at their newer, and not completely build house in the next town. The condo only had two official bedrooms. My dad and his girlfriend were staying the master bedroom, while my dad's girlfriend's sister and her three year old son stayed in the bedroom on the opposite side. I was staying in the computer room, sleeping on a pull out couch while my brother was sleeping in the TV room which was also connected to the kitchen. No walls in between the two, only a simple island that held the sink, dishwasher, and some silverware.

We had just come back from Disney World and the adults (My dad, my dad's girlfriend, and my dad's girlfriend's sister) were tired. They bid us goodnight and took the baby to bed with them. Seeing as though my brother and I didn't have to care for the child, we were wide awake, despite the fact that it was almost twelve O' clock at night, we turned on the TV and sat on one of the couches. After another hour of watching TV, we started to get tired so I started walking back into my room, but I stopped half way there. The lights had started flickering at a fast rate, almost like someone was flipping them on and off. Both my brother and I were no where near the switches, because the only ones that connected to the living room where in the tiny mudroom, near my dad's room, and near my dad's girlfriend's sister's room. (Ok, that's a lot to type so I'm just going to say DGS.)

My brother sat up and turned his head over to me and asked me if I did that. Of course, my reply was no. We both checked to see if anyone else did, but they were all asleep in their rooms. Then the kitchen sink turned on. My brother and I took one look at the island counter and made a mad dash into out dad's room. We woke him up and begged for him to check it out, but he just dismissed us.

My brother and I both know what we saw was real, but no one believes us! We even began to become the butt of everyone's jokes and everyone keeps asking us if the ghost was thirsty, but next April we're going to go to Florida again and this time my brother and I are going to see if we can get a photo or camera footage of the ghost or whatever it was. Wish us luck!

(Ugh. Sorry everyone! I'm a really bad writer and I was really scared at that time so I can't remember it in EXTREAM detail like everyone else.)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheDrawBack, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Halo3ODST (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
I believe you cause things like thhis always happen to me with my ouija I have counted about 2 or 3 spirits in my house and my lights flicker sometimes too!
ghostsrweird55 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
I'm going to wish you good luck getting the picture or camera footage. That does sound spooky. By the way.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
That is Spooky, it sound like thirsty ghost:) But Its made be a risident before your family live there.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
TheDrawBack: Have you asked your grandparents if they've seen or heard any thing unusual?...Or are they part of the bunch that makes fun of you? 😆...When you go back, please do take some pictures and share them with us if you capture any thing!...I'm looking forward to it!
boomaner (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
wow, I wish you both Good Luck and I do believe you that you did see the sink tern on and I would never make fun of someting like that. Once again Good Luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: