You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Seven Years Of Something

Real Ghost Stories

Seven Years Of Something

 

I have been reading stories on here for a couple years and finally decided to share my experiences. These "Incidents" took place over a period of about 7 years. Sometimes it would happen as often as 3 or 4 nights in a row, at the least a couple times a month.

It would usually begin the second I closed my eyes to sleep although; it did wake me up (always between 3am/3:15am). It always started with my jaw chattering. It would chatter so violently that my jaw would be sore the next day. I was not able to open my eyes; it was like they were forced shut. I was partially paralyzed. I say "partially" because there were moments when I could pry my eyes open or sit up in bed, only to have it start all over again the moment I laid back down.

I felt like I was in a battle. I didn't feel any weight on my chest or feel like something was in the room; it was like something was trying to settle into my body. I was raised catholic so it was my instinct to ask for God's help. After many times of struggling, snapping in and out of it, repeating the Lord's Prayer it would stop. I would open my eyes and be freezing cold but soaked with sweat to the point that my bed was soaked in sweat as well. I would be exhausted beyond words and fall back to sleep.

I would dread going to sleep. There were times I didn't allow myself to sleep until after 5am. Nothing seemed to happen during those times. The last major time this happened was when I was 22. I had just closed my eyes and my jaw started... As always. This time it felt more intense and I just had enough! I was getting really angry that I had to endure this. In my mind I began saying The Our Father but I was fighting to get the words out. Suddenly as I was praying I heard my own voice begin to change into a deep, growly almost un-human voice. I kept forcing the prayer, fighting for my own voice.

I felt this feeling, which for a lack of a better way to describe it was, (if you can imagine) like a piece of material was in my chest, slowly being pulled out (without pain). Like something "leaving".

Immediately I opened my eyes and I was so exhausted all I could do was lay there. I was wide awake and saw this white semi-transparent "balloon" come up from the foot of my bed and float over my body and over my head. That's the best way to describe it. I was again soaked in a freezing sweat but, the moment this passed over me I felt more at peace, total peace than I ever have. It was like I never had a moment of sadness ever in my life, I felt comforted and loved. I laid there feeling like this heavy burden had been lifted. I got the best nights sleep in so long.

A few days after this happened I did feel my jaw start to quiver but I forced my eyes open and Said "Don't even think about it, leave me the *beep* alone!" This ended it before it could start again. This also happened a few more times but again I said the same thing and it stopped.

I didn't know about SP until 3yrs. Ago, that's when I started to re-think my occurrences. I have done a lot of reading about Sp since than but I can't help to believe there was something more. I should also add that when I was young and stupid I did use a Ouija board for a short time usually by myself. I broke the board over my knee and threw it in the garbage. I was 16 and that's the same age this all started. Coincidence... I don't know. If only I knew than what I know now!

Thanks for taking the time to read this long story.

Other hauntings by RailieTaine

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RailieTaine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

signup (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
A demon came to bother you and an Angel came to rescue you and make you feel loved.
Thats what I think, don't stop praying.
RailieTaine (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
Hi Jessica
I'm very open to the possibility that it was all just SP. The thing that troubled me the most was not being able to control my jaw chattering. It was actually painful. I never read any accounts of SP like mine but I know most people have a hard time discussing these things anyway. I have not even told anyone about my experiences in any kind of detail, other than on this site. I don't think anyone can ever really understand the emotional and physical toll it takes unless they experience it themselves. I know I wouldn't. I'm not sure about the 3am thing but that was always around the time I would be disturbed. I believe anything paranormal can make itself known at any time but if its a coincidence, its a big one.
Thanks for posting and take care.
JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
railietaine:
Yes Ryan is very good to me. Its just the odd dreams are getting to me.

But I commend you. Because I wouldnt' know how to deal with that. I have always had a fear of seeing something while I'm wide awake in bed at 3am. I don't know what the 3 O'clock hour has on the spirit realm, but when I awake during the night its anywhere between 3am-3:30 am. I don't know why, But its like I wake quite often during that time.

Maybe you could be suffering from sleep parylsis. Or something, Maybe its just all in your mind, yet I can't hardly see how that could be, beings your wide awake. I dunno. Maybe its night terrors, another aspect of the mind. The human mind has a mind of its own LOL! And somebody once told me that there's no such thing as the spirit world or ghosts or anything to do with it, Its all in my mind. However, I don't believe that, I know there's a spirit realm, seeing and feeling and living through it is my proof! ❤
RailieTaine (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
Nighthingale23-Thank you so much for your kind words, they are truly appreciated!

Jessica- I'm sorry to hear about your awful nightmares. I too had to deal with reoccuring dreams for years. Ironically many of them involved me running away from something or someone I couldn't see. I know how terrifying they can be... Hang in there!
I'm not a dream expert but I wouldn't read into all the ones about Ryan too much. Could be that you have someone great and just don't want to loose him.
Thanks for reading and take care-
JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
Wow, this seem very intence! I wouldn't know the first on how to handle this if it were me. The only thing that attacks my sleep is very vivid, sometimes scary reoccuring dreams. I wake up at least one night a week just sweating. And most of my dreams are of me running, or fearing something so much that it makes me break out into a sweat, in my dream. And ironically enough if I sweat in my dreams, I sweat in real. However, If I don't sweat in my dreams then I'm not sweating in real life. Its bizarre... And the dreams I have are very vivid sometimes horrible nightmares. And sometimes I don't know what to make of them. Most of my dreams involve my fiance, Ryan. And the dreams are anything between him getting killed, him getting in a fight. Him getting in a car accident, and even him cheating on me. And everytime he cheats on me in "dreams" its always with the same person. In fact I'm starting to believe that he is or was cheating on me in real life. So I dunno, maybe I will write a story about all my dreams in detail 😜
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
BRAVO!. Wonderful interesting experience, I for one would have been beyond freaked out. Not many have your stregth of will and resolve, most would have just broke in... I applaud your faith which I think is what can move mountains, whether SP or paranormal occurences you did great, May the lord keep you and bless you. Take care ❤
RailieTaine (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
nyarlathotepsama-I'm glad you were the first to comment on my first story. When you said it was an inspiration to you it made it all worth it! I have also read your story. I think I was better off with my eyes forced shut, I would not want to experience the visions you do. I'm sorry for what you have to endure, as I truly understand. I may be wrong but it seems like you view your fears as a weakness. I don't believe that. You have dealt with them for so long and that takes strength. Take your fears and the strength that helps you cope with them and turn it into belief in yourself. Believe that you are strong enough and have the power to stop these occurances. I know that its easier said than done, please don't think I'm making light of it. My faith played a huge role but it wasn't until I believed I could beat it that I did. I believe you will beat this too.
nyarlathotepsama (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
*nods* It does seem like you were suffering from SP, although somewhat differently than others experience it but like most things I'm betting there is no singular way SP presents itself.

I'm a skeptic by nature but the way I see it is that whatever causing your SP might have been some type of possession and from your account might have left you, although not totally maybe. I'd say your faith helped you through it which is a very good thing.

As for the Ouija board... I've never put any stock in the devices, Parker Brother's makes a Ouija board as does many other toy companies and I'd doubt they are all in cahoots with the devil or any demonic powers. The Ouija board tends to get a lot of play as some powerful supernatural force but it no matter how much people want it to believe the marker doesn't move on its own, at least not if someone is touching it. Also, someone is bounded to add that breaking it was a bad idea and you don't have to take me word for it but you might have just done the best thing possible. Best to avoid the board all together, it creates paranoia in users. Not supernatural paranoia but honest psychological paranoia.

I wish my own experiences would end, you're an inspirational story to me in a lot of ways. I still suffer from my SP and the demonic visions that come with it. I'm glad to hear someone gaining some degree of control over it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: