You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Seven Of Us

Real Ghost Stories

Seven Of Us

 

Back in 2011, five of my colleagues and I went to Vigan, Ilocos Sur for a 2-day tour. Our bus arrived around 7 in the evening, and we checked in at an old Hotel (Grandpa's Inn) where all of us stayed in the same room. We rest for a bit, unpacked our things, freshen up and then headed out looking for a place to have dinner. While we're walking, I began having this feeling that we have a company. I sense another presence among us. My mind keeps giving me a hint or most likely implying that there are seven of us in the group instead of six. I choose to ignore it thinking it was just my imagination running wild.

We found a restaurant (Café Leona) and decided to eat on the patio. We already have enough chairs for ourselves when one of my friends (Farrah) requested for another one. I thought she needed it to put her stuff on while she eats. The waiter brought her a chair, but she hasn't put anything. I then decided to put her bag on the chair when she quickly stop me and said ''don't! It's for...'' then halted and didn't even finish what she was trying to say. She stared at everyone with this wondering expression on her face and said ''never mind''. Shortly after we eat, we took a stroll and went back at the inn around 10 in the evening.

We all washed up and went to bed. It was almost 11 in the evening when we heard one of our friends' (Ceasar) phone received a message along with the message tone ''may nagmamahal'' (someone who loves). I guess he's awfully tired, he didn't even bother to read it. Some of us awakened from our sleep when we heard it again. I looked at my watch and found that it's already 2 in the morning. It made me wonder who could have been sending him these messages at that hour. He still didn't bother to pick it up, but then after a few minutes, we heard the same tone again. That time, I saw him stand up, grabbed his phone, read the message and then went outside. I followed and saw him having a smoke, I light up a cigarette myself.

I began asking him from whom the message was. He answered that it's from his daughter but the strangest thing is, there are no other messages except the one he got around 11 pm. I told him not to kid around as it isn't funny. I looked at him and notice that he's serious. We've talked for a bit and both of soon realized that the last two message tones we heard appear to be coming from the walls, and it was much louder than the one coming from his phone. Now here's the thing, the walls are thick so there's no way it could have come from the other rooms. And that particular tone is a recorded voice of his daughter, which makes it very unlikely that someone else could have had the same. We put it aside for the meantime and headed back to our room.

The following day, we had our breakfast then proceed to a nearby church bell tower to take a few photos. On our way out, we saw an ice cream cart and each of us got one for ourselves. My friend being so generous told us that it will be his treat and decided to pay the bill. When the ice cream guy asked him how many people will he be paying for, he replied ''seven''. I reminded him that there are only six of us. The others made a remark that they too felt the same thing right after we checked in at the hotel. We started staring at each other in disbelief.

During the tour, I've also seen a ghost of a headless priest in one of the museums that we visited. I wouldn't be surprised since it used to be the house of Father Jose Burgos. He died on a garrote after being accused of treason by the Spanish authorities back in 1872. When I told the guide about it, he said it wasn't the first time since there are other people who also witnessed the same thing on that same spot a few number of times.

FYI, Vigan is one of the few remaining 16th-century towns in the Philippines. It has many Spanish period haciendas and mansions. They are intact and well-preserved that UNESCO deemed it a World Heritage Site.

Other hauntings by Hommie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hommie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-23)
Mack - There is every reason for me to believe that you probably are one of the best after that comment. 😁

Great attempt but I feel Hommie probably is busy writing his next episode now. 😠
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-23)
Melda - my tactic is to antagonise him into commenting 😉
I don't like my chances, however...
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-23)
Mack - I would be careful if I were you. Hommie might have connections. For your own safety, keep an eye out for little green men! I'll be doing the same 😜

Regards, Melda
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-22)
What do you really feel Mack? 😜
I don't think you're alone in your wish!
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-22)
Here's hoping Hommie will develop serious writers block in the coming days / weeks / months to spare us from any more of these appallingly badly executed pieces of paranormal cliche'-ridden and cheese-laden fiction.

Was that too strong...? 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-22)
thegreenmachine: any one can make their life to look exciting with a keyboard and a little imagination. 😆
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-06-22)
Melda: Thanks for the positive karma point, even if it is gone... What really matters to me is the fun we're having commenting on these stories... But I guess not every one is able to see the humor of some comments. 😆

I consider this to be a warming up period for the flooding of dubious and over-the -top stories that we will be reading once school is over!😭

Get ready!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-22)
thegreenmachine - Yes his life is indeed very exciting. If you had all those inexplicable experiences would you respond to questions and comments? Just answer that one question.

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-22)
lady-glow - I up-voted you on one of your comments and have now noticed that somebody cancelled it. Perhaps somebody didn't like what you or I were saying 😆

C'est la vie 😊

Regards, Melda
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-22)
Hello. Just visited Vigan yesterday and didn't felt anything paranormal or weird except for the extreme heat of the sun. It's a beautiful place and not a scary one. Maybe a few ghost story here and there but the place is very serene. But anyways thanks for sharing!
thegreenmachine (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-22)
Hi Melda,

Yes I noticed that Hommie has not replied yet on all comments in all his posts. I read all his posts and I must say that his life is very exciting. I hope he replies soon.

😊
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
Melda- Hommie posted several experiences, "compromissed" about participating on the discussion and it's been 5 or 6 days and no news... So he/she is at fault!

Hurray to the good humor 😁 And yes, I would apoligise to Hommie if he/she shows up with a good excuse for not participating in the discussion. 😊

Blessings.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
BeautInside - Once the funny things start I can't help myself! At the same time I feel nasty pulling the OP to shreds.

So with very mixed feelings, sometimes I keep up with the banter 😆

Regards, Melda
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
L_melb- So we might have a ghost poster lol

Given the OP's fault at replying I wasn't going to comment but this is becoming too funny for me just to follow the thread 😊

Melda- You just cracked me up with the slot machine joke lol 😁

Blessings.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
lady-glow - Please keep wondering aloud - you might come up with the answer. If you do a lot of meditation you might have a visitation from a weird looking creature (alien or otherwise) which might shed a little light on your suspicions 😆

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
I wonder if the seventh person (presence) was an astral projected Vladimir Putin or if it was father Burgos' 👻. 😕
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
L_Melb - Like a slot machine at a casino - huge expectations and then nothing 😆

Not sure whether I've got enough characters here.

Regards, Melda
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
L_melb & Melda,

Cant get any better than this.😜...

Humor unlimited!
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
I think Hommie may be our own resident ghost - pops up with stories but then nothing 😲
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
Melda: I just LOVE your sense of humor!

Need more characters!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
thegreenmachine - I think you might be sending your message into outer space. Please don't expect a reply!

If Hommie does come to the table and participate on his various submissions, I think we will all be standing and shouting a huge "hurrah" 😆

Regards, Melda
thegreenmachine (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
Hello,

About your friend saying that there were 7 of you - didn't he know that there were only 6 of you in that trip? I mean, you've been on that trip for more than a day already and I assume that he would have known that there were only 6 of you right from the start.
Snowxyuki (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
Further detail on the 7th person? A little curious since your friend Farrah seem like aware of this 7th person. But I guess the spirit mean no harm if your friend are aware and never mention it to you all probably not to scare any of you
L_Melb (220 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
Hi Hommie,
Seeing all the experiences that you have published shows me what a boring life I have led!
I find it a little strange though that you choose to write about a feeling of an extra person that didn't do anything but add a decapitated priest ghost as a kind of after thought - that ghost would have been big news to me!
Thanks for sharing, L

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: