You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Seven Days In A Haunted Room

Real Ghost Stories

Seven Days In A Haunted Room

 

I have always believed in ghosts since I have seen, heard and experienced it since I was a little girl. I am now 17 years old and my life with the paranormal seems to have calmed down. But I would like to share some of my own experiences.

My father, sister and I were in the transition from moving into a new home and because of some circumstances we had to stay at my dad's girlfriend's for a week. The house was in a tight block of brick units. The inside was small but comfortable. There were two bedrooms upstairs. My sister and I shared the bedroom next to the bathroom and the king sized bed in it.

That night after we turned the lights off both of us felt very uncomfortable. It felt as if there was no air in the room even though the window was wide open. But we were both tired from the long day so we eventually fell asleep late into the night.

The next morning my sister told me I sleep talked so I asked her what I said. She told me I sat up in bed and pointed to the door and said "She's here, she's here." I think I said more but I can't quite remember what else she told me I said. I had sleep talked in the past so I thought nothing strange of it.

It wasn't until the second night that things started to get weird. I was sitting up in bed reading, the lamp was on and my sister was trying to sleep next to me. When something went bang; it then sounded like it bounced a few times on the wood floors then stopped. Both of us curious what it was looked around the room and under the bed but nothing had fallen. Both of us shrugged it off and decided to turn off the lamp to go to sleep. As I lay under the covers I felt this overwhelming sense of tension and unwelcome feeling. If anyone who reads this has lived with a ghost then you'll know the feeling when it doesn't like you there. The painting behind out heads started to bang. It would swing off the wall still hanging by the hook then it banged back into the wall. Both of us awake thought maybe it was the wind but the frame was extremely heavy it was a thick metal one. But we closed the window anyway to reassure us. But all night it would bang and even the bed would start to shake and rattle. And the sound of a ball dropping on the floor also happened every night. Shuffling footsteps and things getting knocked off the table and tugging of blankets was a regular thing.

It wasn't until the fourth night that it became a bit frightening. I was trying to doze off and it seemed like finally I was about to drift off. But instead of sinking into oblivious sleep I saw my dream with clarity. There was women who stood in front of me. Everything else was white. She looked in her thirties, with shoulder length blond hair and wore beige slacks and a light green cardigan. Even though she didn't say it, I felt like she looked like a mother. The scene changed and I was now looking at photographs. It was like she was showing me. I still remember what they were taken of. One was of two young boys. They looked 11 years old and eight. The older one was wearing a soccer jersey with the number 8 on it. She showed me more photos of her when she had longer hair and she was younger. The scene flickered back to her and she had a knife slitting her wrists. It got pretty gruesome. I even saw a man with barbed wire around his neck. I woke up terrified and looked beside me and she was standing next to me with the knife raised. I then actually woke up for real and she wasn't there. Needless to say I was freaked out.

The next morning I met my dad's girlfriend's daughter, and while we were alone she asked if I had seen anything strange. And I told her yes I had. Apparently, when she lived there in the room I was now in, she used to get terrified as well and that her mum tried to get the house cleansed. Obviously it didn't work. After she left I asked my dad's girlfriend for the details. Apparently there was a women with two boys exactly how I described her in my dream. One of her sons even played soccer. She killed herself in the bathroom and her sons' room was the one we are in now.

Things got worse and it became impossible to sleep because the bed would actually sometimes lift off the floor with us in it. We finally decided to get evidence since my dad and his girlfriend didn't believe us about the ghost. So one night both of us still awake we heard a clang clang sound. Used to the strange noises in that room we weren't scared just curious. So we turned the lamp on and we saw that a coat hanger was swinging back and forth in our open wardrobe. I got my phone out and filmed it but didn't check it after since I didn't think it would be anything. So the next day I checked and was astonished when I saw a dark human shadow next to the coat hanger and a strange red light that glowed on the coat hanger that moved. I had that film in my phone for a year but one day when I was about to show someone my phone shut off and when it finally turned back on the film was gone.

The daughter moved back home but she sleeps downstairs and avoids that room. Her mother now sleeps in it and the last time I saw her she had a strange look on her face when I asked her what she thought of it.

She didn't reply to my question either.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tawny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-19)
Tawny - that would definatly be interesting to see if there is anymore footage, and who knows. They may let you. Its always worth a shot

Peace
JustCurious
tawny (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-23)
hey 'JustCurious' actually I have recently been thinking about going back to that house and asking if I can stay in that room again. To see if I can get some more footage... I'm not sure she would let me since my dad and her broke up and she dosent want to admit its there... But ill try for the sake of curiosity
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
Indeed, it is a crying shame that, once again, yet another bit of video evidence is lost being due to it's not being forwarded before the very events occur to have it deleted.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
Thank you for sharing this story with us, hear anything from them that could be an update on what is going on in the room?

Peace
JustCurious
cheskatheproudpinay (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Man, that woman you saw standing beside you was pretty scary. 😭
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
How about your dad's girlfriend? Did you try to get more information from her later on?
tawny (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
thank you for you comments. And as for my father hes the type who would deny the paranormal even if it hit him in the face. I did show him the film but he just wouldn't comment on it. And if I didn't have my sister in the room with me I would have defiantly slept in the lounge room downstairs...
ImmortalWings (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
Her father probably did, but thought it was the daughters and decided to ignore it or was a deep sleeper.
Amazing story but if it was me on the first night I would be sleeping on the sofa or outside:L 😭
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
What a shame you no longer have that video of the coat hanger moving.

How far away was your fathers room to your room? I am surprised he never heard the picture banging against the wall at least.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: