You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost Nurse I Met That Night

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Nurse I Met That Night

 

I was 11 years old and it was hours after surgery, I woke up. Of course, I was in pain so I stayed in the hospital for some days. I had a hard time breathing because there was nothing to blow my nose with so I tried to call a nurse. After all, I needed tissues but since it was nighttime there were rarely any people there.

Suddenly a nurse came in and opened up a small packet of cotton swabs added cream to them and was like "Hold on, let me help you with that" while smiling after she rubbed them in my nose, I could breathe better now and she threw the packet in the trash can and said "there that's better now?" and when she left the room, it was in a fast but slow pace.

Then I drifted off to sleep. The next morning I woke up and the small packet was gone from the trash. My assigned nurse was confused when I told her about the nurse who helped me.

They asked me "What did she look like?"

"Asian with black hair," I replied. They were confused because there was no one of that description that night, also they were confused about the cotton swabs, which was odd because the button to call the nurse was only for my assigned nurse. So how would that kind spirit have known about me needing help to breathe?

Also to mention her presence was really cold even though it wasn't that cold in that room.

I told many friends and family about this and they were shocked too. One of them says it might've been an angel or a very kind spirit.

Other hauntings by Wandering24fox

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wandering24fox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RCRuskin (9 stories) (819 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-28)
So once again, questions I want to ask! But you probably don't remember where the ghostly Asian nurse got the equipment and medicine from?
Rajine (14 stories) (789 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-27)
It's definitely does seem to be a kind spirit, perhaps a nurse that worked there a long time ago, or a patient that passed on...
Linjahaha (24 stories) (133 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-27)
Hi, Wandering24fox: This was, either, a helpful spirit, or a guardian Angel. Take your pick, but it was something very good.
I would agree you were still recovering from surgery, but I've absolutely, no doubt that 'something' of a very good, & positive nature, helped you when you needed it. Good read!

Take Care! 😊 😁
robmkivseries70 (1 stories) (37 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-27)
[at] Wandering24fox,
Sounds like a "good experience", it would not be the first time for a patient to report nursing help from the other side.
Best,
Rob
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (245 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-27)
Hello Wandering24fox, what an amazing experience!

It does indeed look as if you had someone looking out for you that night. It goes to show that we have guides/protectors always on call as it were, when we need them and more often than we know! It may have also been a nurse still making her rounds long after her 'shift' in life as it were!

The fact that you were recovering from surgery may have played into some of the confusion you experienced and if I read your story right, this took place shorty after the surgery? If you were still recovering from the anesthesia, it's possible that may have seemed why she walked in a fast but slow pace or why there was a lack of the evidence of the swab. Maybe you thought you saw her toss the swab or it was what your mind expected to see?

I don't doubt someone was there to assist you when you needed it, and I can also see how some of the events could get confused if you were still coming off the effect of the drugs used during surgery.

It's a great example of those that still look out for us on the other side, thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: