You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost In The Attic

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost In The Attic

 

First of all, I am currently living in the United States but this experience happened back when I use to be living in Papua New Guinea. When we first got there, my dad had already bought this big 2 storey house. It was pretty big and had a tree in front of the house so it made it look even scary at night. So, when we moved in the house, my first impression was how big it was, the living room was big, and the storage room and everything was big.

After being in the house a couple of months, I started to see or notice shadows going past my room (LOCATED RIGHT NEXT TO THE STAIRS) and go inside my parents room (RIGHT NEXT TO MINE). At first, I never believed in ghosts and I never knew that they existed. So I just continued with my daily life and sooner or later I would actually see the shadows enter my room.

The first time I saw it enter my room I was playing cars with my big brother. I told him to stop playing and we screamed and ran out of the room. As you would know, when we told our parents of course, they wouldn't believe anything I would say. I got in trouble and had to go up alone to my room and stay there. I decided to research about the house, and I find something interesting, the owners of the house died in a fire just next to my room. I was even more terrified of reading about this then seeing the shadows.

Then one evening as I was about to go to bed I saw a white figure pass my room and enter my parents room and there I saw the ghost. It was about 1 foot from the floor and I just stood there for a few seconds and it disappeared just like that. Then that night, I dreamt about seeing dead bodies and I found out the next day that my old house use to be a home of where dead people would be stored and that it was transformed by the owners who died in the unexplained fire. So my parents moved after finding out more stuff about our house and we moved to a new bigger house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, den1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

666devilchicks (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-27)
this is not a helpful coment so nobody rate this! My carma is really bad thanks to some people 😠 but I was wondering where abouts in papua was this house because my mum and nan used to live in papua 😆

❤ shajuana
den1234 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
I forgot to mention that my room was the attic and that it was next to my moms room.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
Here in the US in former times and smaller communities, the largest homes in the area were used for viewings and funerals... Hence the name "funeral home"...My mom's house was the one that their little village used... Her house has a very large bay window, where the caskets would be placed... I just recently found out about this, and it explains a lot about her ghost/ghosts...

Seems like your haunts didn't want to leave their house...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
Just out of curiosity, what does this story have to do with an attic? The attic was never even mentioned. And why did you and your brother scream and run? You weren't clear on what caused that, and why only you got in trouble.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: