You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sounds From Attic

Real Ghost Stories

Sounds From Attic

 

My name is Akshath. I have experienced these paranormal activities two times in my life and I would be writing down one of it now and the other one later. (Please bear with my English.)

This must have happened when I was in my schooling days. Being a resident from Mangalore, I visited my uncle's house which was next to the railway tracks. My uncle had bought the house and started living in it.

As I had summer vacations, I wanted to visit and stay in my uncle's house and my relatives were talking about this experience in that house. I was anxious and I decided to stay there for a week.

This activity used to start around 8:00 PM when the power goes of as we used to have these "Load Shedding" to save electricity. In these houses they have an attic with a wooden flooring and my uncle used to store coconuts in the attic. At around 8:30 PM we hear this sound in the attic as if some on would bang with a hammer or an heavy object in a proper series. First it would be three bangs and after few seconds again three bangs. (These sounds seriously increase your heartbeats.)

My two uncles and many more relatives including myself were sleeping under the attic and was waiting eagerly to witness the sound and then it really happened. And when I experienced these, I really got scared as it was not sounding normal. Many relatives had different explanation. Some said it would be the rats or the wooden flooring that expands due to heat and and all that. But trust me, these sounds were like someone was really banging the attic floor. My uncle and I checked the attic the next day but there was nothing except for some coconuts lol... But we both were so scared.

The house was blessed by the priest several times and it had no effect. Finally, I got to know that my uncle, as they are very religious and being Roman Catholics, had asked service from really powerful nuns (powerful means spiritually) and then the sound had stopped. They say that the house was occupied by Hindus who had a "TULSI Katta" in front of the house, a place were Hindus pray early in the morning, which was removed by my uncle and that was the cause. No one ever knew why it was happening but seriously, guys, it was one scary experience.

Sorry, I am writing for the first time so I could not put it in a way that might thrill you. Will try my best next time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Akshath, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
[at] akshath - did you mean 'tulsi katta' or 'tulsi patta' I just was being curious... I hope to know whether katta is any kannad or not

Also as huldufolk pointed out, I guess accidentally you clicked in Iceland instead of India, I guess its a common mistake happens as anywhere in country list, iceland is just above or below India in the list. Kindly request to correct it lest the story gets catalogued in the wrong country.

I sincerely hope that the scenario is under control at your uncle's place. The reason mentioned is highly possible situation as many a times a spirit's chi gets disoriented with relocating some of its object it is being possessive or attached to in their earthly life time.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-15)
Curious - did your Uncle replace the "TULSI Katta" in front of the house?
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-15)
Nightwish, that made me giggle, the English bit. I always smile when someone apologizes for being a second-language speaker and then speaks more eloquently than native speakers. I know people born and raised speaking one language who can barely write a sentence.

Dear OP, I don't mean that offensively in any way. It's a compliment to your excellent language skills. Also, as someone else mentioned below, did you hit Iceland as the county by mistake? Your name and the Hindu references make me think that you meant India. They are essentially right next to each other in the country selection list when you submit a story.
Nightwish13 (2 stories) (19 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-15)
to be honest here I don't think there was any reason to be scared. I know loud noises with no logical explanation can be frightening. But it didn't seem to be a malevolent force. So that is most likely why the blessings didn't work. Those usually only get rid of negative spirits.

This seemed either residual meaning that there is energy there but it is not interactive with the living. Kind of like playing a recording. Or it was an intelligent spirit wanting attention. Now if it was a spirit and my guess for the reason it stopped after the nuns did their thing was because they might have done a crossing over ceremony.

Either way I'm glad that it has been dealt with and you are not scared anymore. And also if this was an intelligent entity i'm glad it was moved on. Also don't worry about your English. You did better than a lot of people who's first language is English. Lol
huldufolk (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Just a little confused, did this occur in Iceland or somewhere else? Please clarify, doesn't sound like Iceland. Thanks for sharing.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Very interesting story, I look forward to reading some more 😊
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Don't worry about your writing being thrilling; it was a very nice read. Your English is excellent.

This was an interesting experience. The coconuts did seem like a likely suspect, but since it stopped after the cause was determined, that does not seem to be the case.

I liked this story quite a bit. Thank you for sharing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
jwarren - I thought the same thing about the coconuts and the only logical explanation I could come up with would be if there were no coconuts being stored in the attic after the incidents 😕
jwarren (1 stories) (23 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Thank you for sharing Akshath. The entire time I was reading this I was thinking tat maybe the cocnuts were falling somehow, but if the activity did stop after the nuns that doesn't seem logical. Either way very interesting.

Thanks!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: