You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: After My Dad Pass Away

Real Ghost Stories

After My Dad Pass Away

 

A little bit about myself I'm Hmong so I do believe in ghost and stuff. This event took place in Saint Paul, MN.

My father passed away on May 19th 2005, about two weeks before I graduated from high school. Now I'm 23 years old and finally decided that I could maybe share the experiences I had. You see my father passed away in his sleep at my older sister's house. So for the whole entire month that we prepared for my father's funeral my sister and her family wouldn't step a foot into their home. They stayed with my mother and us at our two level 3 bedroom apartment. Since both of my parents divorced we stayed with our mother and occasionally on the weekends my father comes over.

After we laid my father to rest, my mother urged my sister to go back home but she wouldn't leave. Since it was summer time having a lot of people together is very fun and we all needed that. For some odd reason during the day everything would be fine nothing happened. But at night after midnight things get creepy. No only did I see and hear things, but my whole family did too. So we all decided to sleep together in the living room, since it was huge.

One night I heard the screen door on the porch door opening. I'm thinking like that's got to be the wind, but there was no wind that night. I always try to substitute things when I know it isn't true. Then suddenly I heard the door knob jiggle like somebody was trying to get inside but they were locked out. At this time I got so scared and I tried to see if anyone was awake and hearing this, but no one was. Then I pulled the cover over my head and fell asleep, the next thing I knew it was morning.

Then the next couple nights nothing happened. So I decided to tell my family about what I heard. It was weird but my family said they all heard it too, but on different nights. My mother joked and said, "It must have been your father...hahahha..." But to us it wasn't a joke momma.

That night I heard the same thing again, but after the screen door opened this time there was knocking on the door and I heard my father's voice. He said to open up the door its cold out there and hurry up. To my amazement some of my siblings were awake and they heard that too. We just all stayed frozen and stared at each other for awhile.

Then for many nights we kept on hearing the same thing over and over again until morning this went on for about month then it stopped. My father was a smoker so he loved to sit on the porch door every time he smoked when he came over. I sometimes wonder if that was his favorite spot and he couldn't let go.

Of course I would also have dreams of my father coming home and he isn't dead. My family we are out on picnics or fishing trips like we use to go on every summer. It felt so real, and I even asked my father if he was dead. He replied back that he isn't dead and he will always be with us. Thinking about all this when I woke up it made me feel happy, but sad at the same time.

My mother had told me that when you just die, you sometimes don't know that you are dead so you linger on. So that's why my father comes and knocks on the door for us to open it for him. But maybe he realized it that's why it stopped.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kyongz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kxiong123 (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-21)
Lol don't interact with him. If you do your dad might take your spirit with him
MarthaXiong (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
Is called 13 days after death. (Transeleted in hmong) When a person die he/she won't notice that they have left their family/friends until after the 13 days. After the 13 days he/she will come again and visit for the last moments before time's up. I have a little sister that pass away during 2007 on Halloween day. I didn't know much about the hmong culture after her experience with funeral and stuff. Once you go through these steps you should able to know what's up.
bossymum (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-09)
I'm just wondering if you guys held a traditional Hmong funeral or not? Also, did your family do the "releasing the spirit" ritual after 30 days of his death? This ritual is supposed to let his spirit go into the afterlife so that he can stop wondering in our world.
kyongz (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
i know what you mean winwin... Every time we have a traditional party we do laid out a table with food on it and call my dad back to enjoy it with us too
winwin (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
Do you know? Before my granmother she pass aways I did ask her a questions because I got a feeling she going leave me one day. I ask. Granmother if one day you pass aways where will you go? She can't answers me, I say granmother no matter where you are,don't scare just come back home. Come back to my mother home. One day the day is coming my granmother pass aways in hospital before she go my granmother keep on look at me but she can't talk. I was so sad I can't do anything I only can see her go... I tell my mom I miss granmother how can I see her again and ask her come home? My mother say, granmother can't stay with us but she can come to see us. My mother teach me how to do. And I did, I do prayer I call my granmother name I cal her out side the door and I buy a lot of thing for her. My granmother she really come back my mom her eyes can see ghost,spirits,demons day and night and I can too but I not as power then my mom. My granmother trying to let me know she have to leave she got her own world to live she will come to see me when the time come. I was happy... So I do it every years... I did tell her I going to married don't worry me I will take care my self and you also can come to my dream. I no need other people to believe me, I just want to tell you if the spirits really is your father,don't be scare because he is one of your family he won't do bad to you some more if your father he want to come home just let him in, or not is to dangerous for him out side...

Sorry for the long stories...
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
lovley story it's comforting for you to know that your father was around for a while after passing I allways think that our loved ones do stay around for a while before going into the light and even then they come in visitation every so often.
Take care and may the light of the great spirit shine upon you... 😊
chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-14)
Nice to know another Hmong person on this great site.

Us Hmong has some of the best paranormal stories, we just need a great film maker
kyongz (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
thanks to everyone for their comments and stories... I do truly believe that some things do happen for a reason... But now my father doesn't visit us anymore as much as he use to that first year of his death... So I guess I do kind of miss it too...
frmSTP (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Nice to know of another hmong person from MN in here too. Great story! I truly believe in what your mother said. I hope with his occasional visits and dreams you had only showed you how much he love you and will always be with you. God bless.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
aussiedaz, what you have said I believe makes perfect sense as you stated you where in a super concious state when you spoke to your father I believe I had this happen to me also on 2 occasions one with the death of my grandpa and 2 the death of my grandma who I was extremely close to 2 years later. But now approximitely four years later every now and then I will dream of them but it is never as intense and vivid as the first few I had just after they passed. As you mentioned I believe there is a thin line between both scenarios and 1 is actually them visiting you. Thanks mate.

Dan
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
DARKNESS, I believe that both scenarios are possible, sometimes we see them and we are only dreaming, this type of dream can feel surreal at times and we often awake with a sense of comfort or sadness depending on the circumstances, but there is a plane where I believe contact with the deceased does exist, it too feels surreal for some and there sometimes only a fine line between the two, although I believe I was in a super conscious state when I spoke to my dad, basically I was awake in this dream.

Cheers mate
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
I can relate to your dreams of passed love ones as you where also saying aussiedaz, sometimes it used to frighten me because after talking with them or whatever I was doing with them in my dreams I would suddenly snap to and realise that they have actually passed on. I remember vividly that they use to comfort me though, but I was still frightened. I have always wondered if it was them actually visisting me and it was more then just a dream?. Thank you for sharing your story kyongz.

Dan
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
I can relate to your story, my dad too was a smoker and cir-cum to lung cancer in 1999, I saw him in my dreams a few times as well outside my window, he will be with you for a while, try talking to him just in case he is confused about his death, sometimes souls only see what they want to, thank you for sharing your story.
Take care God bless
kward (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
My dad passed away when I was 18 and I also had very weird things happen at my house after he passed. Some of the things that he loved in life would end up missing and different things like that. He came around a lot actually. My mom even felt him holding her hand one night. I have noticed that my dad still comes around after 7 years. He usually shows up when I am having trouble emotionally or with just life in general. Even after I had my 2 boys, he comes around. He would put blankets on my oldest in the middle of the night. I was having really bad depression after having my first baby, and he showed himself to me completely. I could see every detail, his face, hair, everything. He didn't say a word, but had a reassuring look on his face just like he would do in life. I bet he is just checking up on you. I wouldn't worry. It's kind of freaky at first, but you would be surprised how strong that love is even after death.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
kyongz:Sounds like your father hung around a little bit after passing away to make sure the family was taking care of themselves, no family feuds, and just going on with his everyday life like he did when he was alive. A death can bring out the best or the worst in a family! The love that family members have for the ones that they've left behind is so strong, lots of times, they do linger around for a while before they cross over. With him being your father, I wouldn't be afraid if I were you. I would try talking to him and interacting with him. Let him know that the family is doing fine, you love him, miss him and things are not the same without him, but it's ok for him to cross on over to the other side.

Take care and God bless you and your family

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: