You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Nun Chased Me Away

Real Ghost Stories

The Nun Chased Me Away

 

Hey everyone. I would like to state that after reading other posts from folks on this site that I will NEVER AGAIN try to use a Ouija board ever again. I'm still curious about them but, as goofy as I can be, I won't push my luck on them:)

My girlfriend (now wife) started college back in 2001. She dormed with her sister for a year. Her 2 best friends also ended up going to the same college so we would hang out a lot after her classes were over. Me, having been kicked out of school for terrible grades, would spend all my free time up there when I wasn't working.

Her dorm building had a commons area on the 2nd and 3rd floor, and each area had various board games. Her floor just happened to have a Ouija board as well. We, showing all the grace and intelligence of 18 & 19 year olds, decided to break it out and use it. I was excited as I had never used one before, but my girlfriend had.

Now before the fun part, it's worth pointing out that this was a Catholic college and her dorm building also served as a Catholic high school. Nuns still live on site and there is also a small cemetery next to the dorm where a few nuns were laid to rest.

I don't remember who started asking questions, but we eventually got a response from someone claiming to be a nun. I can't remember this sister's name to save my life, forgive me as it's been almost 20 years. We started asking her questions, who she was, how she passed (the pointer started swinging back and forth for that question which really freaked us out), and if she was mad about something. Well it turns out that she was mad that I was there. We asked why she was mad and she spelled out my first name. This really freaked out my girlfriend. We then asked if she wanted me to leave and she replied with Yes. My girlfriend hugged me almost in tears so we ended the session and I soon after left the campus.

Now there are various ways one can take essentially being chased out by a ghost from a college dorm. I myself find the best possible solution is to drive back to your home town (45 minutes for me at that time), go to the local ice cream hot spot (Magic Fountain in Elizabeth) and then order/devour a banana split all by yourself.

Maybe this story is more about how I got ice cream instead of the Ouija board, but I still won't touch one ever again. Unless ice cream is guaranteed at the end. Side note - my girlfriend now wife just celebrated 13 years of wonderful marriage together, so take that Nun who chased me away!:D

Other hauntings by thething45

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thething45, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

thething45 (5 stories) (12 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-09-26)
[at] Melda - thank you. I am a firm believer in the power of ice cream 😁
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-09-26)
thething45 - I'm not a ouija board fan but I enjoyed reading your story.

I was educated by nuns at a convent school and although some of them were very sweet, there were also those that were really MEAN!

Be thankful a nice one responded. Remember she was protecting your girlfriend's virtue😆 If she'd been one of the meanies you wouldn't have been eating ice-cream, you'd have been sitting with an ice-pack on your head, at the very least! I'd rather face up to a mild nun spirit than a mean human nun.

Congratulations on your anniversary and thanks for a good read.

Regards, Melda
thething45 (5 stories) (12 posts)
+5
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
[at] LightMight - I like how your very subtly snuck in another nun pun. Very well played again, and thank you:)

[at] LFrog - then the joke's in her because I'm still here XD

[at] Voyage - my guess is one of the previous students snuck it in and left in the commons area. The nuns dealt mainly with the high school students, not so much the college kids.
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
[at] thething45 - I forgot to add that I think this was well written. When it comes to creepy Catholic school stories, yours is second to nun! 😆
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
Are you sure your wife wasn't just trying to get rid of you? 😁
Juuuust kidding!
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
Great story thething45, I'm glad nothing really bad came out of your Ouija session. It is rather interesting that a catholic school would allow a Ouija board on campus at all though? Good thing you took it all in stride! I look forward to hearing more of your stories!
thething45 (5 stories) (12 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
[at] LightMight - well done haha. It took me a while to pick up on the nun pun but I got it eventually 😂
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
Good grief, 😲 that would've freaked me out too! Nuns can seem so intimidating, I can't imagine having to face an angry, spooky one!
Btw, it's not a good idea to make a habit out of using Ouija boards (nun pun intended)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: