You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Man In The Mirror And Other Paranormal Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Mirror And Other Paranormal Happenings

 

The title of my story refers to one of the most recent "encounters" that I've experienced, so I'll save that for the end.

Alright let's start with the oldest experience I can remember, I was about 6 and my cousin had received a Ouija board for her birthday. Most of my family agreed to take part in a "sΓ©ance", as I eagerly made my way to one of the spots in the circle my mom made sure to stop me and say "You're too young to do this; you're going to get scared, let's stand in the corner over there". Anyway, they started playing and after a few fake answers made possible by my uncle, the lights switched on and then off again. All I remember after that is all of us running out of the room and the Ouija board being thrown away in the dumpster down the street.

When I was 10 my grandma moved to a new house. Most of the family went to help them out (my uncle and his wife also live with her). At one point while we were having lunch together at the table, one of the diamond shaped mirrors on the opposite side of the house just dropped Instead of shattering, the mirror got 2 diagonal cracks running down the center making an "X" shape. Honestly, that house was extremely creepy... On one of the nights I slept over (age 13) I heard footsteps rushing down the stairs. When I looked over, no one was there. My uncle was still working, as was his wife, her daughter (my age) was in the kitchen doing the dishes, and my grandma was already asleep upstairs in her room. That same house also had a strange dark red mark on the staircase wall, it disappeared 2 weeks later. No they didn't paint.

Now for things that happened in my house-

*3 years ago I was walking to the bathroom and on the way I have to walk in front of my mom's room. As I pass by I notice that she jolts up to look at me. When I ask her what happened she told me that she could've sworn some guy was walking right in back of me. This was enough to make me forget about going to the bathroom ha-ha.

*As I was saying goodbye to my neighbor one day, we both saw a white cat running up the stairs (2nd floor apartment). Now this wasn't that strange seeing as our neighborhood has tons of stray cats... A few problems though...1-all the strays here are grey 2-it ran straight at the door where it completely vanished.

*On another night, I was with the same neighbor, saying bye again. I noticed a guy on a motorcycle pulled up on the street, since it was dark and nobody here had a motorcycle I told her to go back inside for a few minutes. The guy looked up at us and we started to go back inside my house. I looked back and he was right behind us. Mind you, there are 24 steps to get there, plus the little walk way. I sprinted my last few steps to get inside shutting the screen door behind me and pulling out my phone to call the cops if needed. The guy had vanished, no door had opened, no motorcycle sounds were made... He vanished motorcycle and all.

*A few months ago, I pulled an all nighter to finish a project due the next day. At 1 AM the lights went out. It wasn't raining, my mom was asleep, and what's creepiest of them all is that the AC and fish tank filter didn't turn off even though everything was connected to the same switch on the circuit board. I decided to not give any ghosts the pleasure of seeing me freak out so I very casually picked up my phone for light to gather my things and go to the room. As soon as I unlocked it, it powered off. I got my things and did that little awkward "holy sh** there's a f**king ghost after me" run to the room where the light finally worked. When I sat on the bed, the lights went back on in the living room.

*My floors creak all over the house. Sometimes at night, I hear creaking when no one is up. I sometimes see shadows as well but I thought those might be hallucinations from lack of sleep.

*finally, the man in the mirror: A bit before the light incident, I was having lunch after I got back from school. I glanced up and noticed what looked like a face in a small mirror we have. It looked like someone had drawn a detailed picture of a scruffy man on the mirror. It had no colors; it was basically what it looks like when you smudge your finger on clean glass. The man now comes and go's.

I'm terrified of being alone in this house or well, being in this house at all once it gets dark. If I remember any more, I'll be sure to post them up. Thanks for reading. I'm sure true paranormal enthusiasts enjoyed it.

So what do you think all this means?

Do ghosts follow me?

Is it the same ghost?

What the bloody hell do they want?

Well, I'm off. 'Night

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, frstdlmncwrd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PerfectStorm (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
The way you described the old man, was exactly how I have seen him.
I can tell you guys now, its not the mirror or the house that is haunted.
Also Dabbling with the ouija board can attract spirits which can cause paranormal activity to follow you.
For me I went and did scrying with a mirror, which is when I first saw the old scruffy man, but he later ended up giving me nightmares and I saw him when I woke up from a nightmare once.
To get rid of him I called in a priest, I haven't experienced anything since.
HauntedGurL (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Please get in contact with me, I have seen a scruffy like man with a hairy like beard, to in the mirror and then years later he gave me a niightmare whch when I woke up I saw his face again at the end of my bed. It was huge and its kind of hard to describe but it was white and outlined.
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
Nordic + frstdlmncwrd: I know exactly what you're talking about! When you get that mini panic attack for no real reason and you feel the need to run like hell! Yeah, my house does that to me all the time! Or that freezing cold feeling that covers you from head to toe when you see something that really, REALLY shouldn't be there?

Anyway, my only suggestion for this is that you do read up on the history of your house. When I moved in to my house and figured out that it was haunted (or so I would assume) I did a lot of research on my home and figured out that it had been in existence for over 150 years. History is an important factor.

Good Luck and Goddess Bless,
TLBD. ❀
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Ask your mom, when she seen the man behind you, if it had any detail or anything. Obviously there is or probably is a man who died there long ago.
White_Rose (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Yeah, I do that run when I see the ghost I like to call "Mary" she was a nun at the religion museum where my oldest sister works She's not evil but she's scary to see. 😨
Saucy_mac (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
Wow that's crazy. Maybe it's not your house that's haunted. Maybe it's you? I have a similar problem. I'm constantly seeing the same ghost, and I've moved heaps. It could be something you own.
I can deal with a lot of things but If I saw a ghost in the mirror, that would be the end of me hahA
You should check out where the mirror came from, if it's antique?
frstdlmncwrd (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
Nordic: haha I'm glad I'm not alone on the whole running bit:)
frstdlmncwrd (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-13)
Dan: I actually don't know the history. All I know is that an old couple lived here before us until the woman passed away and the husband decided that it was better to move. Btw, she spent her last weeks in a hospital, not here so I don't think it's her. I also don't think she looked like a scruffy man 😜 but yeah, that's all I know. Thanks for the idea though, I'll be sure to look into it a bit more
frstdlmncwrd (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-13)
kellbear: I always tried to avoid the mirror but since you mentioned it, I just went to check and he had changed... He seemed umm..."rounder" like if he had gained weight. He also had dark rings around his eyes or dark glasses I couldn't really tell. The first few times I saw him, I think he was looking past me but I'm not sure. His first facial expression was neutral and this morning it looked like a combination of this- πŸ˜• 😠 hope the emoticons explained it lol:) thanks for reading and commenting.
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
princesslotus & nordic

I think they didn't know it was for really they might of thought of it more a joke "lol move the peice spell something scary kids freak out great fun lol"

She even says "they started playing and after a few fake answers made possible by my uncle,"

But when it actually worked they freaked out instead now that's funny πŸ˜†
number13 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
I agree with Princess Lotus, who would buy an Ouija Board and throw it away, its a waste of money, anyway Ouija Boards are dangerous enough to get you or someone else killed if you used it willy nillying, its not a toy. Good bye and Have a Good Life.
Nordic (44 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
"As soon as I unlocked it, it powered off. I got my things and did that little awkward "holy sh** there's a f**king ghost after me" run to the room..." Brilliant! I've had to do that little run plenty of times and it never gets better. You've described it perfectly. 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Sorry but I had to laugh at Lotus's choice of words for ridiculous. Frstdlmncwrd it was inevitable pretty much that playing with the ouija would summon something to our plane of existence. What is the history of your present house, has there been activity since you first resided there? I wish you all the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
kellbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Well, I think your house is definately haunted. By what or whom, you will have to determine that. Your Grandma's house is the really creepy house. But yours may be the dangerous one because of this man in the mirror. Has he changed in appearance at all? Does he look at you or does he look past you? Does his facial expressions change? These questions are important and may have a factor in whether this entity is dangerous or even aware. I hope this helps. Thanks for sharing your stories. I really enjoyed reading your experiences.
frstdlmncwrd (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Haha I know right? Don't worry, I thought it was a pretty stupid move too 😊. It's weird though... It was one of those 15 dollar little milton bradley ouija boards and it still worked perfectly. Thanks for reading 😁 and I hope I figure it out too hahaha
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
I don't know for sure but it's pretty creepy. I do think it's stupid that someone waisted their money on a ouija board knowing well what they do & then when they get what they payed for they throw it away, sorry but I find that recockulus. Any way thanks for sharing & I hope you figure it out. I would give my advise, but I don't think I should on this one. πŸ€”

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: