You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Being Followed

Real Ghost Stories

Being Followed

 

I guard my true name as a means of not allowing myself to be succeptable to anything new. I have a series of events happening all around San Antonio, TX as this is where I was born and raised. A few outside of Texas.

It started when I was (I want to say) 7 years old, I lived in an older house on a relatively older side of town from what I understand. I can remember standing at the staircase to my front door which was downstairs for hours on end, my mother has told me to this day that nothing could get me to budge. She said I would stand there for long periods of time and when I would finally move, it was usually across the house into my safe place (which was under the dining room table). Then I wouldn't come out until she made sure everything was safe.

Later on in life I started having dreams of this situation in such detail that I could tell you that the entity was wearing a private school get up. In my dreams I would stand there behind my younger self staring down the stairs, when the entity would get to the top my younger half would run.

3 years later my older sister becomes pregnant and is having horrible dreams that she could not remember. I would sleep in her bed kind of trying to make her feel safe or something but I would stay awake for days on end staring at the corner. Anytime that I took my eyes off of the corner I would return to it and there would be a black shadow kind of in the form of a boy sitting in the corner. He stayed there in her shadows until she had my nephew, the entity then went away.

Approximately 5 years after that I was walking home in the dark, I was coming back from a holloween party. I witnessed a car accident in which a person had hit a transformer and the street lights went out. I remember running over as to check on the guy (who got out of the car safely and unharmed just a bit frazzled). I asked him how his passenger was and he said he didn't have one, I personally found this as hard to believe seeing as how I had seen with my own eyes someone get out of the side and walk off after looking at me.

A bit happened in between then and now that didn't really bother me reguarding I guess sightings. But, recently I have came across about a three year streak in which I have one individual entity that I feel is following me. Now being that I am positive I have dealt with situations similar I don't cower easily. Somedays it becomes a staredown with fear of if I turn I will not have the oppurtunity to make out what I am truly seeing. Mostly comes and goes depending on my mood, and my I guess mental weakness at the time. Recently I came across sunburnt eyes, (welders know what I am speaking of). It is when you stare at the flare coming off of the weld and or catch a glimpse of the flare coming off of the weld. I had extended exposure and had temporary blindness.

So forth, now my current issue is I have been seeing this entity more often and for longer periods of time. When its not for a long period of time it is very defined. It looks to me to be just a person, a dark shadow, a wronged person. I do not know how to approach this situation seeing as most times I just ignored and it ignored me but now its so definite. I have seen this entity throughout my trips to Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, and Mississippi. I am leaving for Florida in four weeks. Is it going to follow me? If so what can I possibly do to get rid of it?. Oh missed information sorry, The entity that follows me now has never entered my residence, I see him through windows and outside. Never has he crossed the threshold. What should I do?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shaifuno, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

thenightowl (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
Maybe if you find out what it wants you to find out maybe it will not follow you anymore.
wolf789 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
it doesn't seem harmful at all, maybe just lost and wants you to help it, next time you see it you should try talking to it, just be carful until you know the nature of this sperit.
shiver (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
I feel even more scared with your story. I don't want to be a scared baby anymore. And never want to see dark shadows again. That's what I've been seeing when I was eleven.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
Shaifuno: These may sound like silly questions, but if you've been following a recent thread you'll understand...

Today is the 24th... Was the being at your window the night of the 21st/22nd?...Or Sunday night?...Whitebuffalo, do you see where I'm going?

This story is really bugging me... In my mind, it seems as though this being is trying to tell you something, but the sound of a gunshot?...That could mean any number of things... The first that came to my mind was that's how the shadow came to be a shadow... He could be angry because you are ignoring him, and he feels the need to relate whatever it is to you, either so that you can help him, or yourself or someone close to you...It's a puzzle...I'm sorry I can't help more

😢
Shaifuno (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
It just seemed like a small figure relative to the size of a child. As for me thinking the entity has been wronged comes from its mannerism. It stares at me. Just dead I don't know hoq to explain it, I kind of get the feeling that sometimes it may want to harm me. Or maybe wants to communicate something to me about something I may not be interested in discovering. Today I got a phone call I did not answer but got a voicemail. It was just blank silence and then something that sounded much like a gunshot. The call came in again and this time someone was on the line. Needless to say the person on the other line informed me that they had not called me today other then when we were speaking theb. I don't think it was coincidence. I feel like something is trying to tell me something. Aa well as two nights ago the entity was standing right outside my window closer then he ever has. I just closed my blinds and said a prayer and went to bed.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Shaifuno: To add to Whitebuffalo's and Devious' post, maybe this shadow follows you when you are away from home, thinking you are more vulverable... If what Whitebuffalo suggested works, then tell it to stay away from you always! 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
I am just very interested. The black shadow of the boy that you saw sitting in your sisters corner, How did you know it to BE a boy?
I do not ask this as I do not believe you.
The other two instances that you cite really sound like a visitation. Sometimes when we get older and we are shown our gifts we are afforded "windows" of our past to show us that we HAVE been through this before and survived. Sounds like that is what the dream with you and the innocent you (meaning you as a child) was trying to convey. Perhaps AS a child you "blocked" the visual OF this person as it did not make sense to you.
The passenger in the car is a world wide phenomenon that many people have also witnessed. There is even an awesome photograph taken by a firefighter on scene of a horrendous accident of what truly appears to be an Angelic form circulating. I am not too sure, but you could probably find it on the Net.
I am with Granny. How do you know this Shadow figure was "wronged"? That could be a key, or simply a clue as to why "it" is hanging around.

Awesome suggestions of keeping the positive attitude (works wonders, I tell ya), and perhaps taking something of your home with you.
I know you have been ignoring it, which means you more than probably have never communicated with it, but my suggestion is that you do something you have never done before. As you are packing to get ready to leave, I would simply (telepathically) state something to the effect of "I am going on a trip. YOU are not welcome. YOU must NOT come along" If it notices that you are noticing it more and is coming around more, perhaps it is also paying more attention to you.
Wa-do.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
Shaifuno: I know I probably don't have to tell you, but don't let this being in your home... It may follow you for a while, until it sees that you aren't interested and then it will probably go... The thing that intrigues me is you said that you've ignored it in the past and it ignored you... But now you're noticing it more... So go back to ignoring it, and see if it gets better... And I agree with Devious, keep up the positivity... It works on negative humans too! 😆...Although this could be your guardian, but I don't think so... They know how to approach you, and won't try to stay away...

I think what you saw at the accident may have been that person's guardian spirit...I'm leaning toward that idea with the little boy and your sister also...

By the way, why do you sense that the being following you has been wronged?...Is it their mannerism, or a feeling that you have?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
The fact that he has not entered your home seems to point toward a particular reasoning. Do you have religious items in your home? Is there a particularly positive atmosphere there? If so, then it might be a good idea to take something from your home with you, like a religious item or something that reminds you of the good atmosphere at home (like a photo or something). Sometimes just having an abundance of good energy will make a negative spirit avoid you like the plague!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: