You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Aswang In Davao

Real Ghost Stories

Aswang In Davao

 

I am a Caviteño living and working in Davao. I grew up believing in the paranormal like a typical Caviteño.

Sometime in 2003, I just transferred to a new house in a modest subdivision and living with an officemate. Manny is an outgoing type that usually goes home late in the night or wee hours in the morning. For security purposes, I prefer to double lock the main door and would not mind him waking me up upon his return rather than him using his key. I guess growing up in the metropolis prompted this attitude. So one night he woke me up around 1:00am. He was so drunk that he went straight to his sofa bed. I had the bedroom for myself. He turned on the cassette before retiring to let the music play as he is accustomed to such habit.

As I entered my bedroom, lights from the outside illuminates the surrounding perimeter and my windows are of clear glass, I saw from the adjacent lot which is vacant and a makeshift basketball court of our subdivision, something that I never thought I would see in my entire life. Up on the goal board holding the basketball ring an old lady with white long hair wearing an all black blouse. I couldn't see her lower body part and it seemed that she was suspended in the air. She had fangs and as if she is sniffing the air looking for something. She didn't look that scary at first glance but when I realized what she was it scared me so much that I woke up my officemate so I would have someone who would witness it too. As I went to where my officemate was sleeping, the door closed automatically due to the hydrolic attachments. It made a significant thud and when I looked back at the "thing" she was gone.

The following morning I heard that one of our neighbor who was pregnant was rushed to the hospital around 2:00am and had a miscarriage.

From then on, it solidified my belief in the unknown and the fact that I am living in the province made me realize that I will probably encounter more unexplained experiences. Since then, I am always carrying on me a symbol of my faith like a rosary or crucifix for protection.

Other hauntings by agimat_warrior

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, agimat_warrior, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-24)
I believe you. I had an experience too when I was pregnant.

Regards.
Lord_Manyakol (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
[at] manofyourdreams I agree to you. Mananangal, aswang's or whatsoever are also told to be humans who was cursed. They are normal people like psychics who are just lurking everywhere and can mingle with us as well. It's just the fact that their dammed! Even in an urban place, we can also have this kind of creatures. They're free like us. You can't just say that because we are in an urban place there is no beings like this. They just chose to be quite to protect themselves though. Some of them chose to be normal like us and some can't stop their habit for evil things like we normal people do.
holywin (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
actually you could try one thing to know if there is an "aswang" in your area.
My girlfriend told me, cut some of your fingernails, burnt it, if someone approach you and told you that the smell is very fragrant (mabango) that's an aswang. She was taught by someone from siquijor. I want to try it once but don't have the courage to do it as I might not like what the next scene to happen. Hahahaha
manofyourdreams (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
[at] mischeighlah - please don't be ignorant. Even in Manila which is the busiest place in the Philippines are encountering issues like this. I have an ex who encounters this kind of creature in one of the prominent village in Paranaque, this was also caught in a CCTV camera and the aswang turned out to be a homeowner as well! This didn't came out to the public cause the people living there are from Prominent families. There are also nurses and doctors who are aswang. And ususally they are working in public hospitals! My friends from Sampaloc also encountered this creatures.
mischeighlah (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-29)
Excuse me, are you sure this happened in Davao city? Because you might give them false information and it might ruin Davao city for this article. Davao is a vast city. FYI, there's "Davao del sur and Davao del norte" these are provinces. Could you be more specific? If it's in Davao city? Because there are no "manananggal" or other hideous creatures here in Davao except for white lady and other silhouette figures. Davao city is not a remote city.
elriz23 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
Why is it that Aswangs in Davao just love to attack pregnant women? My mom was almost attacked too every time she's pregnant. I'm a Dabawenyo, too.
saurers123 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
I also almost became a victim of this one. It was something that my mother could not forget. A night back when I was a baby (it also happened in Davao), it was dark since my mother said that the lights were turned off. She said she tried to make me sleep and then on the curtains she suddenly saw something like some long nail coming out and it was a good thing she turned on the lights immediately because of fear that it might be a robber. She checked the windows where she saw the nail coming in but it was closed tightly and then ever since that night, she didn't turn off the lights because she thought that it might be an aswang that would try to eat me. Yup, I was chubby when I was a baby and it might have attracted the aswang because of me being chubby and for them, I may taste sweet (according to a friend when I told her that story).
azul_0008 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
aswangs were filipino version of a ghoul...
there were different aswangs in our country...
The aswang that was involved in this story is a "manananggal".
An aswang that have wings and separates her upper part of the body from her waist... I hope it helps... 😉
XDsMsHeR (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-13)
i believe your story our maid live there and she also saw one there 😁
jerk009 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
the 2 stories of yours really had me goosebumps. I believe in your story. I don't want to see one alone. 😨
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
koalagirl - check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aswang
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
hi just a question what is a aswang mean thanks for your story, I too sleep with rosary beads.di
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
I believe you because when I was pregnant with my son I had a visit from an aswang. I will post it here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: