You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: My Encounter With An Aswang

Real Ghost Stories

My Encounter With An Aswang

 

I have numerous experiences with ghosts or whatever they might be but this one I would never forget. It happened when I moved up to Calamba from Paranaque due to my new job location.

I rented a penthouse; it's on the rooftop on a two story building apartment. I'm living with my girlfriend and in the first weeks we began to experience strange things, at first we tried to hold these from each other but then began to discuss them among ourselves. I told her at times I would hear a male voice whistling in a merry tone or some people (a female) conversing in the middle of the afternoons which to my surprise she hears them too. She then told me she would catch at time in the corner of her eyes a silhouette rushing through the door which I do also encounter.

Her elder sister one time visited and stayed with us and during the first day she said she sense something in the house but told us it was guarding the house or we and we need not to be afraid. She told us these even we don't tell her any stories of it.

Now, the worst one, we are experiencing this scratching, something like crawling or walking in our roof, at time we would hear thuds. I already have hints it's an ASWANG, I was so angry at it that I would curse at it when when we heard the sounds.

I got 2 handguns with me a.38 and.45, a samurai and a number of knives which I collected. I would get out of the house armed and with a flashlight and threw stones on our roof, ready to shoot anything that comes off of it.

It was one night my spitz dog which I tied to the backdoor was crying in the middle of the night and I knew it's starting again. Slowly with all the lights off I approached the backdoor and I heard the only sound that I cannot decide what kind or where it was coming from. It was somewhat coming afar, it says Kaaaak! Kaaak, sounds like a bird or what ever that is scaring the hell out of my dog. I was told that the aswang sounds afar when it is near you.

My dog was really scared with her body pressed against the backdoor crying. I was just waiting for the doorknob to turn and I'm really going to blow this aswang away if it intends to go through my backdoor so I click on the hammer of my gun and got into a position. Suddenly the sound stops. Probably heard the gun-clicking, my eyes were all over the place, looking the window direction or any. It was dark and I don't if he already managed to slip in the house.

I let out a curse for the aswang to hear seconds later there was nothing. Soon I was back in the bed and we heard rattling on our roof and again with my gun and a knife, my girlfriend along with me we went out of the house. I'd say past 12 midnight maybe and checked out our roof. I told her to throw garlic's and salt in the roof and around the house especially on the doors path. It was then that it all stops for months.

It was then we are sitting outside the house enjoying the moon that night when she notices something flying, flapping it's wings at points it to me, to my surprise I cannot make something to what I see, brown in color maybe the size of a dog some 100 meters away maybe and my girlfriend and just look at each other and we both agree its no big bird or bat it is, it was flying slow and I'm totally sure its now owl too, I've seen owls they don't get that big nor fly that way.

Today I sleep with my guns and knives beside me, I was told to wet the bullets with my saliva to have them penetrate these beings the same way I did with my samurai and knives sharpness. Who knows I maybe the first one to kill some of things or whatever they maybe

Other hauntings by ranger

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ranger, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bblacktshirt (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-25)
Hi [at] ranger, and everyone who may have had the same line of thinking as he has-that is-to fight these evil-possesed beings with knives and guns.

First of all, I say that I, too, have had an encounter with an aswang; more importantly, a face-to-face encounter at that (probably a few feet away, not in their shape-shifted form of an animal, but in their human-ghoul-like form only a bit dimmed by the shade of the wall discernible as it moved to exit the opening of the door) and other experiences like some sudden smooth gusts of wind in the dead of the night, heavy moving on the roof, fear-stricken pets, you name it) so you can say I brush aside unbelief as ignorance.

I also say that I too had the same line of thinking before, had cameras ready on corners of the house and outside, knife, unfortunately though I had no license for a gun then, flashlight, and a whole lot of guts as I wanted to catch or kill one that kept on haunting our household.

For like [at] randcan, I too was rather intrigued of the sources of their powers and hell-bent on finding their scientific and physical explanations for I totally hated them because I could not understand how they do what they do and, hence, come up with a full-proof offense or defense against them.

But most importantly, like what [at] randcan said, I have come to ackowledge from research and logic that their powers are the curse from evil spirits and not of thier own. They were also once ordinary humans living ordinary peaceful lives only that they fell to darkness; that even when they are in the form of an aswang they still have the mind of a human, able to fear for their lives, get hungry, be aware of their curse, and more dangerously, retain the cunning of a human, not as wild beasts.

So I tell you this or whoever that may read and has the same line of thinking as ranger and mine before, DO NOT TRY TO PHYSICALLY CHALLENGE THEM, for even if they are flesh and blood their powers are not. Fear for the your family's life; for even if you manage to mortally wound one, remember that they avenge their kind.

Again I say to you do not fall into the wiles of the wicked one. Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God. Stand having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness...

I tell you this much though-insights or theories I have accumulated through research, experience, and sense:

1. They are solid, They don't pass through walls and to some extent they still do follow the conservation of mass - to what extent I can only theorize. They cannot enter a space without an opening their human body cannot fit in.

2. One thing though, the old knowledge that they have to kill the victim and eat their flesh I theorize to be already obsolete. Think of the description that they can replace the victim with their doppelgangers that eventually die. Although eating of flesh probably will be the case to a newly cursed, I theorize that they have evolved their feeding methods. I have heard of old folks said to be victims of aswang, but then maintained their normal lives without any physical markings of being attacked other than that they grew unbelievably thinner. Perhaps the aswang can now also be psychic feeding the life-force of the victim or feeding their evil spirit with your life-force?

3. The common concept that the curse is passed on by having the heir of the curse accept some ball or pearl via the mouth I theorize to be a hyperbole. I believe it is not a physical transfer. I theorize that it is via the acceptance of the curse or acceptance of the evil spirit into the body of the host as its new master or source of salvation; or relinquishing of the power of God over the body possible even through a thought or emotion. But it seems that it has to be made known to the dying aswang that the curse is being accepted by the heir maybe through an utterance or a whisper which should demonstrate the imagery.

So there it is.

These are some of the theories I conjured from experience and my own reasoning. I do not claim all to be the actual case. And if you have a more actual insight on the matter I hope you can also share here.

Be safe. Stay strong.
zygen23 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Are you Filipinos? So as I...Yeah... I found this article of yours, sir; it's so very interesting and signals paranormal existence...Ok, you've just said that you saw an Aswang... You were armed at that time; you said that you had 0.38 and 0.45-caliber pistols; ha! You're lucky, you can shoot those
Creatures by a head shot. Lucky for you that you're already an adult?---I guess? I'm a student---4th year high school... I suppose that you're also investigating on paranormal issues; unfortunately, I'm just a kid; can't grab a handgun and an assault rifle; especially autoshotguns like Benelli M4... We had breaking news that aswangs abruptly appeard on certain areas; I was shocked; I made a research about ghosts and paranormal creatures... Electromagnetic Flactuation was used to detect ghosts based on what I've researched...Sometimes, I experience poltergeist activity on our kitchen every 12 o'clock midnight... But I can use a crowbar or create an improvised molotov cocktail... Ok, thank you sir... Have a nice day... Salamat po...
miley (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
I don't believe in aswang before as my father told me that they are just ordinary birds during the night, until when I was 7 months pregnant and visited my sister in law's boarding house. Me and my husband heard something just bump off the door next to our bed and climb up the roof for two consecutive days of my stay there. I don't actually see something like big birds or hear something like tikk tikk but I felt like my tummy is aching like the baby was compressed inside. For the entire 9 months of my pregnancy that was the first time I felt something like that, it's a totally different pain from giving birth.
Laurax (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
Oh my god, someone please tell me what an aswang is?!?! This sounds really interesting but I have no idea what that is, I have never heard of it before. I would look it up but you guys seem to know what your talking about. Anyone?
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
The aswang sounds pretty scary. I don't think I would want one landing on my roof! I've been learning a lot about shape-shifters and skinwalkers on this forum. I love learning about new things especially in the paranormal sense. I remember an episode of Destination Truth they went to the Philippines to try and find an aswang, that was a pretty interesting episode.
aizirk (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
Hi Ranger,

This is aizirk from the Philippines. I work for the media. I was wondering where I can call you to ask about your story. My number is 09156487047. Hopefully you can reply ASAP or contact me through my mobile number. Thank you so much.
BoyPinoy160 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
I Dont Know but tiktik and wakwak are little similar but tiktik sounds like TiiiiiikTiiiiiiik or KiiiiiiiiikKiiiiiiiiiik Wak wak is Waaaaaaaaaaakwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak (Sounds Softly) or Kaaaaaaaaaaakaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜œ ๐Ÿ˜
BoyPinoy160 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
You Said Kaaaaak Kaaaaak Ryt? I Know That Aswang It's a WakWak Search it in google cause I know all aswangs in philippines but still I'm an eleven year old and can't if I read one but I try hard to sleep so its okay for me
๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
swan_hooper (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
aswang is a new name for that devil. I never heard that name for that devil before it's my first I ever heard I'v seen that aswang a lot of times and it's been after me and some people I know and that thing was standing on top of my house it was 8 to 9 feet tall when I got it's attention it looked at me and seemed to open it's eye's and I saw red glowing out of it's eye's chilled me to the bone I was not able to tell anyone about it for awhile I was very scared but after it saw my it looked away and jumped away and took out it's wings and flew away it's wings were black it flew over the high school and I never seen it for years after that.
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
Aswangs, very popular here in the Philippines. I don't know if its true, I don't want to debate on that, as there are already a lot of accounts or stories about people seeing them. But seeing something different, different from any ordinary thing I see everyday, will of course scare me. Aswang or not, I wouldn't want that big bird to fly over me while I am watching the stars on our roof. ๐Ÿ˜‰
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
could it have been a thunderbird or a pterdactyl just a thought story was interesting tho ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Weeeell, Not EVERYbody. But Glenda, now? Let's HOPE so. ๐Ÿ˜Š BUT, you still have those that say "it is Just TV". ๐Ÿ˜†
I have no reason to squabble with you. And most definitely watching, my friend.๐Ÿ˜Š

Apologies, Ranger, once again.
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Everyone's heard of WICCA/White Witches.

And at the very least, Glinda of the North. Lol

I agree. Let's not sqabble. The Aswang likes to approach you from behind. I'll watch your back. You watch mine.:)
Cheers.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
My apologies, Randcan. I did not realize that I "jumped on your post."
I would humbly ask that you reread what I commented. It actually COMPLIMENTED your post, I did not try to "stomp it" by "jumping on it". I used your user name, to point to the comment I was referring to. My bad, I was supplying complimenting facts.

And NO, NOT everyone DOES believe that there are "good" and "bad" witches. Take a look at most of the other stories that speak of witches, however briefly. Unfortunately, in this world as it is NOW, the word "witch" generally is assumed to mean evil doers. Never once did I say that you made it sound as if witchery was all evil.
I am not an idiot. I mentioned that it was looked up, so that OTHERS could do their own research, in the event that the two comments were confusing to some. I saw the quotes, I DO know what they mean. I use them myself.
I was supplying MORE information, to what you did, in an effort to give a wider picture. I am sorry that you took it in the wrong way, as I was NOT intending to be rude, I WAS however, trying to show the similarities AS YOU FIRST pointed out. I only added a few things, that my long time relationship with this site has TAUGHT me could be "picked at".
Sorry. I will not support in the future. Even when I DO think it a probable similarity and a break off from a DIFFERENT culture.
Thank you.

Sorry for the interruption, ranger. I really HAVE learned MUCH from this story of yours. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
WHITEBUFFALO -- Of course this is an excerpt, it's placed in quotes. Secondly, I did NOT imply that witchcraft on the part of the Navajo was ALL dark magic. In fact the quote states this 'kind of witch.' Those of the Navajo tribe who choose evil, do change to inflict harm on others.
And, EVERYONE KNOWS not ALL witchcraft is black magic. (You could be more polite to a total stranger, and not jump on my post).
DEATHNIGHT12 -- Thanks for the detail. Today I asked my Filipina friend (age 52) about the Aswang, and turns out her father is from, and still lives in Visayas, and forbids her and her siblings from visiting him there, since he says there are many Aswang there, and he has seen it. And as I had presumed, and posted here, she adds, that when you chase it off, you should use prayer as a weapon/for protection.
THANKS TO EVERYONE for all the valuable information on this subject.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
I am guessing that Randcan looked up all that information on the Internet, mostly because I read MOST of the same things on Wikipedia, and a few other sites.
However, researching further may have shown this: Witchcraft, while in the Navajo Way, is NOT in Black Arts (as MOST seem to assume that witchery is ALL in evil doing. It is NOT), as it would appear it is assumed by that post.
Further reading on the Wikipedia page states: "The legend of the skinwalkers tells of God giving the people a gift of transformation that was used only against their enemies. Over time, the people began to abuse this power, thus bringing God to earth to reclaim it. Some gave the power up and others hid with it and passed the knowledge to others."
Skin-walkers sometimes transform themselves into animals simply for the purpose of traversing great distances quickly. They may also transform in order to wreak havoc on others, as their identity will be hidden and they will be able to escape quickly if necessary.
A skin-walker typically wears the pelt of the animal he or she will transform into, usually with no other clothing. Because of their association with skin-walkers, wild animal hides are taboo in Navajo culture and rarely seen.
Both humans and animals can easily tell a skin-walker from a real animal, as the skin-walker is unable to move completely naturally in animal form. For some unexplainable reason even a well seasoned skinwalker cannot obtain the perfect animal gait or leave the proportionally correct sized animal tracks.
A Yeenaaldlooshii is one of several varieties of Navajo witch (specifically an 'รกnt'iihnii or practitioner of the Witchery Way, as opposed to a user of curse-objects ('adagash) or a practitioner of Frenzy Way ('azhitee)). Technically, the term refers to an 'รกnt'iihnii who is using his (rarely her) powers to travel in animal form. The 'รกnt'iihnii are human beings who have gained supernatural power by breaking a cultural taboo. Specifically, a person is said to gain the power to become a Yeenaaldlooshii upon initiation into the Witchery Way. Both men and women can become 'รกnt'iihnii, but men are far more numerous. It is generally thought that only childless women can become witches.
According to The Legend of The Navajo Skinwalker (Joanne Teller 1997 Infinity Horn) The Navajo Skinwalker is MORE in being the "white man's" werewolf, IF the shapeshifter is wearing the pelt of a wolf.
Thank you.
DeathKnight12 (6 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
To everyone who doesn't know what a aswang is
Aswang is a Filipino version of the vampire. They are human-like by day but transform into different monstrous forms to harass and eat awake humans at night, especially pregnant women who are about to give birth. Aswangs can change from a human to an animal form, usually as a bat, a pig or a black dog. Some aswangs can change form at will, others through the use of foul oils concocted by evil magicians. Aswangs appear at night to prey upon unwary travellers or sleeping people. It is said that they have a peculiar liking for the taste of human liver. The myth of the Aswang is popular in the Visayas, especially in provinces such as Capiz, Antique, and Iloilo. Aswangs also have a peculiar liking for the fetus of pregnant women and are said to find their quarry by the scent of the mother, which to the aswang smells like ripe jackfruit. Upon finding the house of the pregnant mother, the aswang alights on the roof from where it stretches its tongue until it is as thin as a thread and uses it to enter the womb and feast on the fetus.

SOURCES
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_mythical_creatures#Aswang ๐Ÿ˜
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
"Witches train extensively -- in their own very isolated and secure settings. By Navajo traditional law, a known witch, one who has thus forfeited its Status as human, can be killed and this certainly applies to a kind of Witch much involved in these endeavours: the Skinwalkers. These are obviously profoundly deviant Navajo who travel at night for nefarious purposes and who are believed to have the ability to turn themselves into various animals. They may attack someone whose car broke down in the desert (generally Arizona, Grand Canyon etc.) Navajos usually get a blessing before traveling."
THEY ARE SEEN TO HAVE RED EYES ALSO, AND FEAR BEING SHOT, OR STABBED. THEY TERRORIZE A PERSON BEFORE KILLING THEM AND DRINKING THEIR BLOOD. Very similar to the Aswang!
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
This creature is the same as the Navajo Skinwalker (Indian witches) in the U.S., and witches in Mexico who lay down in a bed of red ants to transform into animals (bats/dogs etc).
This link illustrates this class of human:
Http://www.elfwood.com/art/j/a/jayjay/manananggal.jpg.html
This link is a good description:
Http://malignosrealm.netfirms.com/lessons_aswang.html

P.S. I neglected to say, that since such persons are assisted by evil spirits to transform, they are sensitive to strong (positive) spiritual attack. Therefore, when you encounter one, SHOUT AND ORDER it to leave, and pray outloud with devotion. It's psychic power will be immediately devasted by your prayers/strength of spirit, and it will flee in weakness. Garlic is not substantial. A weapon is fine, since you are fighting a human, and also because a weapon gives you courage, which you need in the face of something so ugly.
To think such things are true... What a goddam world we live in.
ALWAYS SEEK TO PROTECT BABIES AND CHILDREN. AND PRAY GOOD INTO THE WORLD, AND YOU'LL BUILD (GLOBAL) ENERGY AGAINST ALL DARK ONES WHO ARE TRYING IN PRIVACY TO GATHER UP (NEGATIVE) POWER.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Cool,make sure you don't kill that aswang, whatever it is, it might attract other aswangs, if there is more than one.

Can anyone tell me what is an aswang, because I personally don't know what it is?!

I hope I don't see any of this creature, cause my country is near yours,ranger,and I'm afraid it might be a carnivore, or omnivore.
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
I've read all your posts, and yes, I do believe there are most likely humans who are shapeshifters. Think logically. During seances, spirits have delivered solid objects to the seance table (apports like coins, flowers, etc), and have even upon request, seized people from a mile away, dematerialized them, and reassociated their atoms and placed them on top of the seance table. Since atoms can be manipulated by the supernatural, certainly our bodies which are atoms like any others can be manipulated into a different shape. This would be achieved through the assistance of dark entities (spirits); hence the spellwork. It's frightening to think that such hideous creatures or monsters exist. I still hope it isn't true. But it is, logical.
ranger (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
maharlika is absolutely right because when I heard the sound " Kaaak, kaaak" it sounds afar, not it really sounds that way but its just sounds like when you're trying to imitate a sound that is coming from far away. I was surprise also to read some people experiences with same sound they heard. And those sounds on my rooftop, I'm pretty sure it ain't no bird it's somewhat like something big as a man landed on the roof, something like a wide being in so em wings has softly landed and the crawlings too, until now it gives me the creeps as to what I may found out. My girlfriend told me she even heard as if somebody is walking in our roof, you know the sound I would presumed, it's like that way. And everytime these things happen, our dogs kept barking in a very unusual way, I know how they sound if there is someone (human) or they are barking to another dog, but these times they bark really differently
I heard stories they are afraid of guns and knives, it can kill them, they know that, I was told to always get your back against the wall or something as the aswang attacks from your back. Yes the one I saw that was flying was really an aswang, no way a bird at night is that big and we could figure what was it at that distance,, somewhat a body with wings at its back,, no bird would fly that way. To this day these things still happen once in a while but me and my girlfriend are used to it, I have 2 male boarders too in one of the rooms now. There are times the dogs would howl the same way as before into the direction of the same bunch of trees at night.
maharlika (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
The bird that you may have heard is not the aswang but the "tik-tik". We have encountered aswangs in the province and they are always accompanied by this bird. According to Philippine folklore, the tik-tik is the aswang's familiar - much like black cats are to witches in Western folklore. When you hear a tik-tik on the West side of your house, that means the aswang is on the east side of your roof. When you hear the tik-tik at the south, the aswang is positioned on the North. My dad and I actually saw one in Baguio City. We were renting an apartment on the fifth floor and we saw something which we thought was an incredibly huge bird following a smaller bird. But when it landed on the roof of the house in front of our building, which was 2 floors lower than were we where, we saw it was a dark woman with really large bird wings. My dad grabbed me by the collar, dragged me inside, shut the terrace door and made me to recite the rosary.
Len (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-26)
I came from the Philippines so I know that some Filipinos, especially those from the Visayas region, believe in these entities. My father's from that area, but does not believe aswangs exist. However, he did tell us an interesting story when he and my mother went back there for vacation. While taking a leisurely walk around the little coastal town, they passed by a relative's house... The relo saw them, and invited them in. Now, this relative was rumored to be an aswang. Not to be rude, my father came into the house but gently refused the snacks. He didn't even drink the glass of water even though he was thirsty from all that walking... If it was a bottle of unopened cola, and he would open it himself, then maybe he would accept the drink, my father said... (they say any food coming from a human aswang will turn a " normal " person into an aswang too.) Though a non- believer, my father said there was no harm in being careful.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
I HAVE to totally agree with you, Schism.
I also am an "eliminator". I will be among the first ones to tell someone to research, or to have an experiment. I tend to discount my own experiences as nothing more than a simple mind glitch and go on with life totally at ease with my "normality" (the jury is still out on THAT part). But what I was trying to point out was that we should not discount this BEING as fictional just because it may NOT be known to OUR personal regions of the world.
I was ready to discount the BEING because of what I thought I knew about one. Thanks to people like Nich (who, by the way has an interesting personal tale), I can no longer do that. I have a much better understanding of the BEING.
I reread my comment and NO WHERE does it say what I think about this STORY. I do not have an opinion. I can not argue whether or not this WAS seen, or anything else that has happened in rangers experience. What I CAN say is that these are real to that region.
It would be fool hearty for me to tell everyone to unquestionably accept ANY story written ANYwhere. That would be preposterous.
As you said, so do I also believe. If it looks like a bear, sounds like a bear and acts like a bear, it MUST be a bear.

Or a Shape shifter (sorry, I went for a bit of humor there).
Thank you.
Schism (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
I believe that these aswangs exist, just as I believe our bigfoot exists here in the states. There are too many eye-witness accounts for them to not exist.

However, if I see something tall and hairy at night, that looks like a bear, and sounds like a bear, I will call it a bear first. Only when I actually see a bigfoot face to face, will I call it a bigfoot.

In this story, he said it sounded like a bird AND that it looked like a bird.

Because he did not say that he saw it face to face, and that it sounded and looked like a bird from far away, I believe what he encountered was an owl.

I would love to hear a more detailed story of a face to face encounter with an aswang, as I am very interested in any sort of mysterious creature.

But I don't see why I should assume that what looks and sounds like an owl from far away is an aswang.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
OOOH! OK. That makes a heck of a lot more sense, Nich, to have the oil in a bottle, or some other like vessel, than in a kettle over a fire, as I had first pictured it. THANK YOU.
You know, save for the passing of the curse on with a stone (through the mouth), these beings truly DO sound like OUR vampires. I DID look up vampires off one of the links you provided (geography, as I have stated before, truly DOES make a difference) and there are similarities, but there are also many differences. BUT, in order to pass on the "vampire" curse, a person must be bitten (still "passed on" through the mouth), and in an aswang "passing on" of the curse, the stone has to be accepted.

I am going to be totally honest here, people. I really do not care who believes this, and who does not. This is MY thought pattern on this whole thing, and MINE alone. So...
The reason THIS story was so incredulous for me, when I first read it, was the ignorance of what this being truly IS to the Filipino community in the Philippines. To ME it sounded like a trumped up B-rated movie that had no substantiated facts, and no basis in reality.
What I have come to learn is that these beings are as real to those in that region as the Sasquatch is to those in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States and Canada. It is as REAL to them as Nessie is to those around Scotland's Loch Ness. And it is as real as the Yeti is to those who inhabit the Himalayan region of Nepal and Tibet.
Get the connection yet?
All of those beings are said to be completely and totally accepted by persons living in the region the "monster" seems to live in. Sure, you have "monster hunts" out trying to prove or disprove their existence, but they ARE LOOKING for a specific SOMETHING. There IS something THERE that they NEED a scientific accumulation of facts to explain.
What are we all doing here, folks?
Are we here to see if our own real, personal experiences can be substantiated? Are we here to learn about the differences and similarities in the sightings of beings still labeled by the scientific community as Unknowns? Are we here as a therapy session (I borrowed that from someone's comment that I read, but it IS true) to WORK through what we personally HAVE experienced? Are we here cross referencing and researching, and HONESTLY giving as much help as possible to someone who seems to be in need of it?
Or are we simply here to enjoy a good tale?
Please, PLEASE do NOT be "comfortable" in what you "know". Branch out. Open your minds. Believe that there just MAY be a bit more than what you think you already know.
Thank you for those who DO try to help.
Thank you for those who TRY to keep things as understandable as possible. And thank you ALL for posting your personal and REAL experiences to this site.
Thank you.
***tripped and stumbled off the soap box I was standing on. Frantically reaching out for the flutterings of papers flying all around me.***
Autumn has left the building.
nich (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
hi whitebuffalo... Atleast I helped a bit for people to understand more about this "aswang". About the old age you're asking, they aged the same as normal people do... They are also human but age old cursed. The oil you were saying, we call it "lana" from where I come from... As you have read most of this are from the provinces and I'am from iloilo... Yes it's a coconut oil mixed with leaves,stems. You put this in a bottle and put it near the window or door, it will boil and overflow when an aswang is near. What aswang is using is different from this "lana" they have their special ingredients and prayers for it...

Aswang are not just female, they can also be male...
Haunted_Vision (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
man that's an annoying thing the aswang I hope I never meet another one... The first one nearly took my life. It would have if I didn't find my kunai set. I can sense whenever they get close though now...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Got it now, Nich.
Thank you. I went and checked out the link you posted for ranger, and it answered most of my questions, did it not?
I NOW understand that during the day an aswang CAN be your neighbor. I understand that during the transubstantiation, they BECOME the being that is shown in the "horror images" (making them, as I FIRST posted, Shape Shifters). I further understand that conventional "monster tools" could not, and WOULD not work in killing one.
I feel enlightened, and you have taught me in the best possible way FOR ME. You FORCED me (whether you know it or not ๐Ÿ˜Š) to research it myself, though you provided the links.
Thank you from the bottom of my yearning for knowledge. Peace to you, my friend.
Autumn.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: