You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: I'm Not Sure But Maybe It Was An Aswang

Real Ghost Stories

I'm Not Sure But Maybe It Was An Aswang

 

Most of the "weird" experiences I had were just stored in a rusty chest in my memory bank. It is because our father used to tell us that there is no such thing as paranormal. But Mom told me now that I am grown up, that our father's third eye is actually open and the reason he tells us not to believe in the paranormal things are for us not to pay much attention to it because he thought it would scare us. So, growing up I had witnessed odd things happening and didn't freak out because I was telling myself that there was nothing not normal about those things but just coincidences. But, coming across this site made me change my mind because I now know that from different parts of the world, people experiences such things.

I discovered that this site's community is no longer new to the story of Philippine's ghoul or we call it "aswang". A few years back, in 2006, I was living with my sister in an apartment here in Cebu. It was a 2-storey apartment occupied by a family on the ground floor, us in one of the two rooms upstairs and the other room was occupied by an old couple waiting for the construction of their house to be completed. Adjacent to the family's unit is the landowner's unit. Actually the apartment was not first class. The second floor was made of wood and outside our rooms on the second floor was a hallway leading to a staircase (and again everything was made of wood). I will never forget what happened this particular night.

Our landlady was 5 months pregnant. Me and my sister were sleeping when I heard this growling. At first it sounded like a cat in heat. I just ignored it because it was in the middle of the night (I was so sleepy) and I had school the next day. I covered my ears with a pillow and went back to sleep. After 15 minutes I think, my sister woke me up asking me what the sound was and I said probably a cat, she told me she does not think so, I said IT IS JUST a cat. A few minutes later she woke me up again and asked me to listen. We heard something scratching the hallway floor and what scared me is that, it did not sound like a cat scratch. They were loud scratches (I could compare it to bear scratch which I never heard of but it was what I think would a bear scratch would sound like, it sounded like long scratches but fast.); I even thought the scratches made a hole on the floor. Just then I remembered our pregnant landlady. I told my sister to take a look at whatever it was through the slightly closed jalousies, at first she hesitated but then agreed (I used the reason that she is older so she should do it), she said she saw red eyes and a silhouette of a big dog. It seemed that the creature didn't know we are already awake, because it did not stop at what it was doing. Since both of us were afraid to go outside and face it, what I did is grab my baseball bat and smashed it on the wall directly beside the creature. We heard it jump away through our neighbors roofs and to let the creature know we are awake, I talked to my sister in a really loud voice, and then in a few moments went out the room to the hallway (with the bat just in case, I just wanted to scare it off, not face it. I'm chicken too you know). We checked the floor but there were no signs of scratches, which was weird.

I would say it was not a dog because we have a door at the end of the hallway and we lock it before sleeping. But it was an open hallway because it also served as our terrace, but it is not possible for one to be in the hallway if not through the door which was locked.

The following day, we told the landlord about it, and he said they heard it. He added that they were scared because their bed were right below that hallway and thought the scratching sounds on the floor coincides to the landlady's stomach's location below.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Is it just a stray animal, or there is an "aswang" in the city?

Other hauntings by x10

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, x10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Yohanchan_MCT (8 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-07-24)
Hi! How are you? I hope you are doing well. I've read your story and I loved it so much. This story reminded me one time when my aunt was pregnant and we were very poor at that time, our roof was made out of leaves and shiat and sometimes at night, we would hear very weird sounds and shiat. My aunt would say it's possibly a "tiktik"

I want to ask permission though if it's alright that I read your story for my YouTube channel. Of course, I will surely credit the story to you and will also be happy to plug your channel or any account you want me to. I hope that's alright? Do let me know your thoughts. Rest assured, I WON'T post or use your story without consent. Thank you and stay safe always!
JudyGore (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-11)
that probably was a "tik-tik". I'm also from cebu! And encountered one just last 2009! Normally I think they just likes to be nosy with newcomers and scares them. But based on your story, I think the tik-tik was from other barrio or village because tik-tiks never hurt their neighbors if one of them ever gets pregnant.
SplyZe0315 (4 stories) (24 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
It's called a "Tik-Tik"... There's a lot in my province of quezon... It's a kind of ghoul that preys on unborn fetuses... You'll hear about them a lot in Capiz, Cavite, Batanggas, and Quezon (philippines provinces)... They can shape shift into animals and human form. They make a small hole from the ceiling or roof, enough for their eye and tongue, which can stretch and pierce the belly of a pregnant woman and eat the fetus in some way... Common theory is that they inject a substance to digest the fetus from the inside then drink the melted product (sorry for being graphic there)... There are tons of "Aswangs" but this one is kind of scared of humans, while others aren't (like the mananangals)
kristina_marquez (1 stories) (26 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
Hi x10,

I am also from Cebu. I also agree with the others, I think that was an aswang or ghoul! My mother was almost a victim of it when she was pregnant with my baby sister way back 2008. We were living in the city back then (until now). My mother would actually know if there's an aswang near the are because the "ik-ik" would sound farther but if it's far, the sound would be louder. It's opposite, I hope it doesn't sound confusing.

Best regards,

Kristina =)
HalfLife619 (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
I have weird stories about Aswangs too. You can visit this link for my stories.

Http://halflife.restinpiecez.com/
deanedward (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
That is definitely a ghoul! Take note, ghouls does exist also in the cities! My wife experienced visit from a "tik-tik" when she was pregnant way back 2010. It was midnight when we heard a loud sound (sounds like a huge creature flying) and making an "ik-ik" sound from above our roof. Just to let that creature know that we already noticed him or her, we Turned on all of the lights. After couple of minutes the clapping of wings and the weird sound slowly disappeared.
KenMikaze (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-02)
[at] KairrionMah

Nope, it's not a hell hound, there's no such creature in the Philippines. What we have here are shape-shifting ghouls or viscera vampires who are beautiful ladies or ugly old hags during the day and ghouls at night.

"Aswangs" have various appearances, they may appear as huge ravens, cats or even dogs, provided that they are black and have blood-shot eyes.
jerk (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
I'm sure it was an aswang. My pregnant neighbor last month complained to her husband about the footsteps of an animal on their roof and her husband tried to see to his surprise he saw a big black hairy beast with a red glowing eyes and he then tried to shoot with his rifle (a.22 rifle) but the dog leaped too quick to the other side of their house. I'm from negros occidental and I've had heard such stories like this. Thanks for sharing your story. Hope to read more of your stories soon. 😨
KairrionMah (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
It sounds to me more like a Hell Hound. Red glowing eyes and a black misty body or black fur is a Hell Hound. They can move through doors, walls, ect. They are a symbol of death. Perhaps the baby is having complications or something? But seeing one is suppose to cause death to the person who saw it.
yOsh19 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
*"You're" instead of "your" 😆 I'm sorry for the wrong spelling. 😜 nyahaha...
yOsh19 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
Your welcome ate;) LOL so that is why huh 😆 yeah thank God nothing bad happened. My baby sister (the one who was inside my mother's womb at that time) is already 4years old now. She somewhat act like a cat. ("napaglihian ata ni mama yung pusa" nyahaha) 😁

_yOsh!rO 😉
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
[at] yosh19; Thanks for reading... At that time; the first reason why I wanted it to go away is because I really wanted to get back to sleep...LOL...but then when my sister told me how'd it looked like;it made me realize that we are dealing with something "serious". Good thing nothing happened to your mom. Pregnant women should take extra care.

--x10--
yOsh19 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
Hey I'm from the Phil. Too 😁 It was good that you took the initiative of scaring the aswang:D you actually saved the life of your landlady. It would probably be an "aswang". I actually had an encounter of maybe an "aswang" also. My mother was also pregnant at that time and it happened at night. We were about to sleep (I was beside my mother and she was right close to the wall) when we heard a cat "meowing" while scratching the other side of the wall. We were scared that time. Thank God nothing bad happened. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: