You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Poor Dog

Real Ghost Stories

Poor Dog

 

My family left to go to Mexico for three days due to my grandfather's death. I was willing to lose my job to attend my grandpa's funeral but my mother told me that it really wasn't worth it. Grandpa was gone and losing my job wouldn't bring him back. With guilt and regret I stayed home.

First night alone, everything went smoothly. I would hear an average crack sound which could have been anything. (The heater, maybe even my dog.) Second night, I remember I was watching Jeepers creepers in the family room. It was getting dark. All of a sudden I heard footsteps coming from my parent's bedroom upstairs. I choose to ignore it. You know nobody wants to believe they just heard footsteps when they are all alone. Later on that night, while still watching TV I felt like if there was something behind me. Again I ignored it. But then, I choose to listen really closely to what was going on behind me and I heard someone take a very deep breath. At this point my heart was pumping really fast. All I could think at the moment was,"i need to lock myself in my room, get some rest." I ran to the TV, turned it off, then went upstairs, locked my dog in a cage in my sister's room, then closed my sister's door.

I was finally in my room, laying down in peace. I was to the point that I was falling asleep but still wake. Then I started hearing my dog bark. Loud, and very violently. I sat up on my bed and just listened for anything unusual. When all of a sudden my dog started scratching on my door. She seemed very frightened. I opened the door and grabbed her. She was shaking vary badly. Like if she just dodged a car or something.

I checked the entire house after that. I was in tough mode walking around with a bat. Everything in my house was in place, all doors and windows were locked. The only thing that gets to me is, how did my dog manage to get out of her cage? Not only that but how was she able to reach the door handle and open it? By the way this is a Toy Puddle we're talking about.

In all something strange happen that night. And I'm for sure that there will be many other nights just like this one at my house.

Other hauntings by Junebugger

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Junebugger, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-10)
Junebugger - I also had a dog that was let out of her cage. Very, very irritating. Foxy is a Jack Russell and, for those who don't know, very high strung. When we first got her (she was already an adult), she really wasn't that bad. But then she started barking all night, which is extremely annoying when you have work and school the next day. Sorry, got way off track there.
Anyway, my little boy put Foxy in her cage one night, and an hour or so later she was at the side of my bed. I just assumed Dalton didn't get the cage latched right. Next night, though, I locked her in and she was in my room less than an hour later. The following night, after putting her in her cage, I sat in the recliner beside her, just watching to see if the latch had a malfunction or if she was smart enough (or hyper enough) to be able to open the latch. She did push on the cage door with her front paws, but nothing happened. I sat there for at least half an hour just watching her. She eventually laid down. She was let out of her cage so many times I quit putting her in it at night. (It also made things a lot quieter at bedtime 😆) I ended up giving the cage to a close friend and he never had any problems with it opening on it's own. Go figure.
We did have a little girl spirit who lived with us and she was pretty active. So I think Emily was letting Foxy out. Since she was only 3 or 4, she probably felt sorry for the little doggie!
So, after my long comment, I think that could be a possibility in your case, too. In my case, though, our dog wasn't scared as your's was. She was ridiculously happy!
KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
Hey Junebugger has your dog ever done something like that before and I suggest to keep a close eye on her just incase the ghost comes across her again
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
Kennel training is not torture, I promise. I have had dogs that love their kennel & some who don't, it depends on the dog. So don't feel bad. I'm sorry you lost the doggy! Any way. Thanks for sharing your story & I hope to hear more from you should anything more happen. Bless you & yours.

~LSD~
Junebugger (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
By the way thanks for taking time in reading my story an giving me advice. I will be returnig the same support to all your stories!
Junebugger (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Well my dog died 2 months after that experience. Really don't think that connects to what happen. An I did not know that was tourchur to keep a dog in a cage. That was how we were told to potty train her. I did some research on my home. Turns out this new neighborhood once was a cemetary 100's of years ago.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Junebugger it could very well have been a spirit or your grandfather visiting you knowing of your situation and not being able to make it to the funeral, maybe he felt sorry for your dog locked in the cage just a thought, spose if more events occur you will have a better idea.

Thanks for sharing

Dan
buckle123 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
poor jeepers creepers saw a spirit and was like " omg, what the heck was that!" then called the local ghost busters then ran out of her cage 😭
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
One thing I have to say right off, is that animals are very good at sensing spirits, and I would have had the dog in my room with me as my own little "ghost detector" if that were the case! And I almost had to laugh a little at the idea of you running to turn the TV off, doing the little "omg there's a spirit somewhere in this room" shuffle while trying not to seem too spooked.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Junebugger--So what do YOU think caused all the phenomena? I've a notion you feel it was your grandfather come to visit you since you couldn't visit him. For a first time experience, the cause-effect seems right there.
You put yourself into a creepy mood with the movie, but nothing assaulted you. It even, kindly, let the dog out of its cage.
If it wasn't your grandfather, you'll know soon enough. And let us know.
By the way, it's not a nice thing to lock a dog in a cage away from you. Dogs are pack animals and to be separated from the pack is punishment--you ostracize it. Even so, it let you know something was invading the territory. Peace.
Grimm-Reaper24 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
just be glad that the dog wasn't hurt by this spirit, did you check it for any wounds or damage?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: