You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Night Time Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Night Time Ghost

 

One night, when I was in the bathroom to brush my teeth, I was nowhere near the sink and it turned on by itself and turned off again. I got my toothbrush, looked in the mirror and saw nothing. I looked again and saw a white glare in the mirror that was behind me. I turned around and nothing was there. The light kept flickering on and off by itself. No one was in there with me. I opened the door and ran out. My sister said nothing happened to her in the bathroom.

At night, when I had to go to bed, I kept tossing and turning, I was restless and kept thinking about the bathroom incident. I put the blanket over my head, but my feet were out and I felt as if someone was in the room with me.

I felt someone was grabbing my toes squeezing them gently. I was too scared to look, I couldn't move, it felt like I was paralyzed. I could feel someone on the bed with me.

I was so scared, it felt like someone was on top of me. I tried to scream but it was holding my throat. I was still under my blanket and it was still on me. I kept trying to scream but I could not. I also heard footsteps in my room. It finally stopped.

I got out of my covers and my throat was in pain. I finally fell asleep and in the morning I was better. I told my sister, who didn't believe me. I could tell my mom secretly believed me. It happens to me every night. I'm so tired, I can never fall asleep. I keep asking my mom if we can move. I hate waking up every night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

CearaIvory (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
To all Skeptics: To not declare someone a liar just because you've never seen it yourself. There are plenty of things in this world that I have never seen, that I've only see pictures and videos of, things that everyone knows are real.

And to the ones this has happened to: try wearing a holy symbol of some kind on your person, particularly next to your neck. And remember, you have the power, take advantage of it.
promghost07 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
I heard about The Hag before. I once saw it on Ghostly Encounters. The Old Hag sits on a sleeper's chest and sends nightmares to him or her. When the subject wakes up, he or she cannot breathe or even move for a short period of time. I believe the experience you had was 'The Old Hag'. I hope it doesn't happen to you again. Good Luck. 😉
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
kinda the same thing I had I saw a ghost in my bath when I looked in the mirror I turned round it was still there 😊
Jason (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
It sounds to me like it's sleep paralysis. I get it all the time and yes it's scary as hell when it happens. It's often caused by anxiety.
Fran (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
Well I do believe you, there are many stories like this that have been proven true. The movie the "Entity" was based on a story very similar to yours. People have their own beliefs which is fine but people like Haley obviously have never experienced anything out of the norm or she wouldn't be calling everyone a liar and she is probably a child anyways. All I can say is in my opinion you should possibly have your house blessed or even just talk to your religious leader if indeed you do have one. Keep your self safe. Remember someone always has it worse then you do.
Haley (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
I sincerly think that each and every single one of you are lying. When you felt this person/ghost/hag thing on top of you... Was it cold?
jaime (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-01)
Hi,Anna well I believe you, it sounds to me that there is an evil presents in your house, but when you say your body felt paralyzed,it is called the old hag,a real scary witch type that makes you not move, screamin as loud as you like, but no-one will eva here you!! she will put pressure on your chest or, will choke you so you can not get air in2 your lungs its freaky and not nice you should do some looking up about the hag and see, or get some holy water sprinkel into the 4 corners of your room and say hail mary, and then say please follow the light!!! if that dnt work get a preist to bless your home!!
Ratzenfoo (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-20)
Hey Anna, I've had a similar one time experience as well. A co-worker of mine has also had a similar thing happen to him as well but on a more consistent basis. With both of us it happened when we were laying on our backs and for him it always happened when he slept on his couch. I know that probably sounds wierd, but just something to note. My co-worker is convinced that its sleep paraylsis(when your brain wakes up before your body & you experience awake dreams). Apparently, your brain paralyses your body so you dont act out your dreams and sometimes your brain wakes up before telling your body. I'm still not sure if I buy that cause my experience seemed pretty real. But the same thing with me: paralysis, I couldnt talk(or scream for that matter), and I couldnt see. I didnt hear voices but more like waves of pressure squeezing me from all around and then it moved from my body to my head and continued the waves of pressure like something was trying to get inside of me somehow. Anyways, thats my two cents and thats only happened to me once. I can't imagine going thru something like that again! Oh one more thing I just remembered, even though I couldnt see I saw colors of like a spectrum or something, and no I dont do drugs, I wasnt on an acid trip.
Erica (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-16)
That probably worked because the ghost believe in the same religion as you do more so than the religion's practices have really any effect. Either way, results are results, if it works, use it. If you're from another ethnic background though, try solutions from your own folklore, they'll probably have the same effect too.
janey (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-16)
it has happened to me too,what I did was to pray the Lord's prayer & put a bible near my pillow & wore a necklace that has a crucifix, it automatically stopped
Anna (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-29)
Hello, I was just surfing the internet looking for similar stories to mine, and there your story was, we have the same name too, WEIRD. I know exactly what you mean. I used to ask my mom the same thing. It would happen to me when I was wide awake, just getting into bed. First, I would feel the presence of something EVIL getting closer and closer, then I would hear a pulsing vibration inside my head, and then my body would get a weird feeling from head to toe. I would be paralized, unable to move, yell or even cry. Then I would feel this "thing" grab at my heart as if it were trying to take my soul away from me. Inside my head I would hear this deep, evil voice, laughing at me, as if it knew how scared I was. I would fight and fight to just murmor a sound or wiggle a finger. After 5-10 minutes I would finally be able to wiggle a toe or finger and then it would go away. But, if I tried to go to sleep after that it would come back, again and again until morning. This happened everyday for I don't know how long. Some of the times that it occured I could actually feel "it" on top of me and one time I awoke to "it" sexually molesting me. I have also had a numerous amount of occurances, that relate to your bathroom and feet phenomena. Here is how I defeated it...I closed my eyes and would speak to "it" inside my head, when it would come, I prayed for my deceased grandparents to take this "evil" away and I would hear peaceful windchime noises and it would go away. But it came back, and so I had to defeat it in the dream world, where I showed "it" that it could never have my soul. As stupid as it sounds in my dream I had a handful of sparkleing light in both my hands, and I looked up and smiled at my "demon" and blew the sparkly light right at it, and I had won. I think the sparkly light was something that came from my grandparents. I hope this helps, try to let it know that you will not give in.
Hedi (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-29)
Hi Anna. About 7 hours (around 6 am - today on Nov 28) I woke up to start up a job site (I run my own student painting franchise). Once I set that up and left my painters I went back home at 8 am to sleep till 11 (before class). I couldnt fall asleep, and was pretty much lying there with my eyes closed just thinking when suddenly the most overwhelming feeling came over me. It felt like the door to my room was opened and not someone but something's presence had rushed in there filling the room. I couldnt open my eyes, I couldnt move, I tried but it felt like someone was on top of me. I couldnt even yell. Thats when I heard someones voice say "dort," which in french means sleep. I was able to jerk myself up and out of this paralyzed state after 40 seconds. I had to say this to someone. I basically slept a few hours after this and went to class a few hours ago feeling very odd.
anna (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-28)
good advice thanks mini I will do it.when I go to bed thanks
mini (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-24)
Dear Anna,
I sincerely believe you!!!!! The very same thing has happened to me. All I can offer is don't go to bed with any of your windows {if you do have } in your bedroom open.

Guidance
Mini.
anna (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-18)
Can you comment me plese thankyou.this story is true

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: